Anonymous
Years ago

Delly's shoes

Watching the boomers game in Melbourne and the game against France at the Olympics, I could help but notice Delly wearing Kobe's. I thought Delly had his own shoe with Peak? Can he choose what he wants to wear in games? Not a good look for Peak if so. Not that it's a major deal, but I'm a shoe junky, so I notice these things.

Topic #39740 | Report this topic

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

The Delly 1 has always been slated to release for the start of the NBA Season.

They tried to get pairs to him for Rio but it didn't work out.

3 CW's will be dropping before Christmas in Mens and Kids.

Reply #593584 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What is a 3 CW?

Are these Delly shoes meant to be like the old Gaze shoes a budget brand sold through stores like K-Mart/Target/Big W?

Reply #593585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, but in the team photo he has in Peak! Either way, I'm sure he's not looking forward to switching from the Kobe's to the Peak's! No offence, but all Peak's remind me of Dada shoes that C-Webb wore!

Reply #593586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes but Delly has a game.

Reply #593592 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

3 CW's means 3 colour ways.

He had the one prototype that he was wearing and showing people, that was it.

These will be a higher quality than the Gaze shoes.

Reply #593595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Colour ways zodiac... Colourways. Sigh

Reply #593598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wont be many buying them. With Nike doing what they are and adidas low balling the Lillards which are superme performance sneakers, not much room for these Kmart specials. Great job by delly taking a companies money though simply for playing the game he is great at!

Reply #593599 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Anyone know what brand compression shorts Delly was wearing?

They looked like they had some heavy duty thigh padding on them!

Reply #593605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much as I laugh that he actually has his own line of shoes, from what I can tell it looks like they're based on the Kobes he's been wearing (apart from that garbage logo on the tongue). If they're released in decent colourways you might see people buying them for the fact they're essentially a cheap pair of Kobes

Reply #593607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember those Gaze shoes, kids everywhere wore them, the way kids feet grow and the heavy duty bashing X they get, they are a far better option for parents than the ridiculously over priced Nike, which have absolutely zero foot support, and it's all about looks and the name. So many young players have issues with their feet in Nike, girls in particular, hence why so many women wear ASICS, might not be as flashy on the outside but they are designed to give support of the feet not the ego

Reply #593664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That and the women's basketball shoe range in Australia is nonexistant unless you have wide feet and can deal with mens shoes

Reply #593665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I only wear women's stilettos

Reply #593751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nba/heres-a-sneak-peak-of-matthew-dellavedovas-signature-shoe-the-peak-delly-1/news-story/8877c3b5c6e20a5a2cf41903505668a9

Just like the man himself, not complicated or overstated, tough and reliable shoes that everyone will learn to love, I expect.

Reply #599400 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

The Peak logo is inherently ugly to me. I guess it's silly to wish they had made it look subtler like more of a watermark on these shoes.
But other than that, I actually don't mind the look of these shoes at all. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Reply #599413 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I love the look, but it all depends on the quality and durability of the shoe itself. Made in China should be no different to the top selling brands I guess!

Reply #599416 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The rear detail on each looks a bit murky. And I think the Peak logo would be improved if they didn't use it with the stroke - just have a single colour. I think the logo shape is simple enough that it shouldn't wreck a design if applied in a basic way.

Reply #599417 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah if it was just a single contrasting colour printed into the fabric rather than just stuck on it would way classier.

Wonder what sort of money they're going to be asking for these. I'd definitely consider a pair in the green but nfw if they're going to be $249.99 like some of their existing range. (Surely no one is buying Peak for their foot health or due to that brand's prestige/cool value!)

Reply #599418 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

It's a freakin' shoe...

Reply #599419 | Report this post

Hoggy Time  
Years ago

how much $$ does delly get for doing these shoes??

Reply #599423 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Peak Delly: How a kid from country Victoria got his own signature shoe

"He's playing a lot more minutes [so] the demands on his shoe have certainly increased. We went into more development with the outsole and the cushioning that he needed because he was really putting a lot more demands on the shoe, so the shoe that he's wearing now is the final prototype that will now go into production."

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/18207699/peak-delly-how-nba-star-matthew-dellavedova-helped-design-signature-shoe

Reply #611770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly is doing just great!

Reply #611861 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

A few years on and now I can safely say the Dellys...are some of the best shoes I have ever played basketball in.

No joke. If they had a Nike logo on them they would be the most popular shoe on the market. Peak hit it out of the park on the quality. Was just looking for some reviews and found this thread that I remember reading years ago.

For Adelaide people there's a store up at Newton that sells them.

Reply #736286 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754