Luuuc
Years ago

Boomers Game 4 - China - 03:15 AEST

Good chance to give a few key players nothing more than a light run.

Topic #39771 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

I imagine Bogut will suit up but not play unless China are giving the Boomers some headaches inside. This game would be a good game to get the likes of Ingles and Broekhoff into form also.

Reply #594866 | Report this post

Titan 34  
Years ago

Boomers! Boomers! Boomers! Here's to another win!

Reply #594870 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

China come into the game after losing to power house Venezuela who are now 3-0 all-time against China but 0-7 against every other country in Olympic Games.

China have now lost 10 straight games at the Olympics going back to 2008.

Reply #594872 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I expect they will probably start with Delly, Mills, Ingles, Baynes and Anderson and as that lot wear them down you wont see much more of Delly, Mills and Baynes and they'll let the bench have them. Seeing as we will run our second unit at them and they'll be still finding their feet I think it will be a 20-25 point win.

Reply #594873 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

I am getting a little concerned when I hear this much confidence about how easy the next 2 games will be.

I may have to bet on our opposition. With my gambling record that will definitely kill off any possibility of an upset!

Reply #594885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anybody know which channel?

Reply #594887 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I came here to ask the same thing.
Every other night Ch 7 have tweeted their "highlights", but nothing tonight :/

Reply #594888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do they make it so hard?

Reply #594889 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Its on CCTV channel 13 here LOL but I'm hoping they cut to the ping pong early because we are smashing them. China V "decedents of convicts"

Reply #594890 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It's on 7two.

Reply #594891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Atm it's looking like..

USA -gold
Spain -silver
Canada -bronze
Australia
Japan
Turkey
Belarus
China
Brazil
Serbia
Senegal

Reply #594893 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

You forgot to list the powerhouse that is Mongolia.

Reply #594895 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

GOD DAMN MONGOLIANS!!!

Reply #594899 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Welcome to city wok

Reply #594900 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Not exactly an impressive start. They look tired. They should try Goulding and see if they can finish the game with Lisch, Goulding and Martin.

Reply #594902 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Worked very hard for that 10 point lead.

Reply #594903 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Surprised Goulding hasn't got on court yet. Thought he'd be useful against China.

Reply #594904 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Lemanis not showing his whole bag of tricks and saving the team for the crossover :-)

Reply #594905 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Guys, I apologise profusely for claiming that Martin and Lisch were basically the same player at this level. I was wrong.

Martin is waaaaay better.

;)

Reply #594906 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Yep. Martin looks very comfortable and is doing his thing.

Reply #594907 | Report this post

Daz68  
Years ago

Fantastic to see Damo and Lisch playing together again.

Reply #594908 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

^Sure is!

Reply #594909 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Seems like the team has gone back into exhibition mode. They did 'just enough' to get rid of China and I bet they were working on a few things while doing it. Goulding has been a solid rebounder at guard, an improved defender and passer at these games. I just wish we could see some of his shots dropping.

Reply #594910 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Cruised to an easy win, great to get Bogey a rest and time into the bench.

Bairstow with 17 points and 9 rebounds.

Olympics: Bogut rested in victory against China

Reply #594911 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I thought Goulding should have got a few more minutes, but other than that it pretty much went to plan with the rotations. Pity Delly couldn't rack up another 10 in his limited minutes.
Thoroughly enjoyed all the Damo love :)

Reply #594922 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

My only gripe is we just looked a bit tired and sloppy. You don't want to set a downward trend in effort and execution just before the crossover.

Reply #594924 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Good to see everyone get some quality time and hopefully some confidence. Bairstow was right on his game, Broekhoff finally hit some threes...and the legend of Damian Martin continues to grow!

Reply #594926 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Really need to get Broekhoff's wheels greased in this next game against Venezuela because we are going to need him very soon, and he never got off the plane to Rio.

Reply #594932 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

We have had our test match, now we have to come out full strength and belt Venezuela like its a finals match! Play evenish minutes but everyone should be going 100% at it!

Reply #594935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:06 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754