Anonymous
Years ago

David Andersen getting NBA interest

I'm skeptical why NBA teams would be interested in David Andersen at the age of 36.

Also the article claims Andersen knocked back offers to head to the NBA. I'm pretty sure that was before he played in the NBA, but after he had played in the NBA he wanted to stay in the league but he couldn't get a spot.

I'm not knocking Andersen either, I would had like him to stay in the NBA longer. He did ok with Houston, but never saw any playing time when he was traded to New Orleans. He's playing great in the Olympic tournament.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/olympics-2016/david-andersen-is-catching-attention-of-nba-clubs-amid-australias-medal-bid-in-rio/news-story/afeb0ba24ee655a7a29f9e1e30557b47

Topic #39780 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

He is playing incredibly well for a 6'11, 36 year old.

He is in excellent physical shape.

It would be a huge blow for United though

Reply #595014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He knocked back a return to the NBA a couple of years ago

Reply #595015 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

One thing to keep in mind when you hear about 'player x knocking back an NBA offer' is they are usually non-guaranteed contracts. Very few players knock back a fully guaranteed NBA contract so I dare say with what he could've commanded in the past from Euro teams if there was an offer it was probably non-guaranteed.

Remember Houston, Toronto & New Orleans all moved on from him in pretty quick succession.

Reply #595024 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

With the commentators saying he was the highest payed player in NBL history i doubt he leaves.

Reply #595029 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

the highest paid in the NBL history still wouldn't compare to an NBA base salary!!

Reply #595033 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I dont think NBA talk will eventuate to anything. He is showing great form and could compete in the NBA but I think they will see his age and question whether it is a liability or not. Plus I doubt he wants to just sit on a bench wasting away. I am confident he will be at United come October. But it is a great compliment that he is being looked at. He deserves it.

Reply #595034 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

hope so, he will be a great asset to the NBL even at 36.

Reply #595036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Remember Houston, Toronto & New Orleans all moved on from him in pretty quick succession."

Yeah although I do remember reading when he was traded to New Orleans from Toronto that Toronto would have liked to keep him the brief time he was there, but had to throw him in to make the Peja Stojakovic trade work.

"It was reported the Raptors were not eager to trade Andersen, averaging 5.1 points and 3.1 rebounds per game coming off the bench after joining from the Houston Rockets in an off-season deal."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/star-boomer-goes-to-hornets/story-e6frf9if-1225958148215

Reply #595039 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I went to a friday- Sunday toronto home double that year. Andersen played well the Friday night then was traded before the Sunday game. Was good to be able to support an Aussie on my team at least once

Reply #595054 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

It would suck to sit on the bench for the last few years of your career, cant wait to see him play in the NBL next season.

Reply #595061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:31 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754