Anonymous
Years ago

Steve Markovic Sighting

I was watching the ABA GF game and was shock to see Steve Markovic run out for the warmups.

Person next to me said he's been MIA off and on during the season but showed up today.

Whats the go with him? And is he back with the Kings this season?

Topic #39810 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ABA? What league? ABA term is used for all state leagues combined.

Reply #596051 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Markovic's days in the NBL are over. He was decent in the NBL before going to Europe, and has basically been a wash since returning.

Reply #596056 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Depression or anxiety or whatever it was. Has presumably made it difficult for him to show consistently and subsequently difficult for teams to commit to him too.

Reply #596060 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

The "ABA" referred to was Waratah. He played for Bankstown who won the title. Missed quite a few games over the season, not sure why. They had a deep team with Cadee and Clint Reed also there (most of the time)

Reply #596064 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

He played 9 games for Bankstown this year:
http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?pID=198120679

Reply #596067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another victim of the third import...

Reply #596073 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I hope you're joking.

Markovic's troubles impacting his position with a team predate the third import and his time in Sydney. He missed games in Townsville due to what's plagued him.

Reply #596080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, should have added the /s tag.

Reply #596085 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

I've got mixed feelings on Markovic. On one hand, I'm rooting for him to succeed because mental health demons are a bitch.

On the other hand, I just don't like his game at all.

Reply #596105 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Prior to his mental health overcoming his ability to hit the court, I thought he was in great form and definitely on the list of best non-import PGs along with the Martin and Gibson. Just unfathomable for many of us that something intangible can waylay someone so physically capable, and against their will.

Reply #596110 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Yeah it's not easy to understand. Bankstown is his home club where he played all his juniors so good that they could accommodate him. I heard he played some valuable minutes in the grand final

Reply #596114 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754