BLAZER
Years ago

ideas for NBL promotions...

People have mentioned the A league and it's promotions for the competition. What are some ideas that would be relatively low cost and fairly easy to generate for the NBL? Isaac mentioned the prospective photo shoot at various locations with NBL players in the streets in their teams gear.

I know the sixers have made efforts to promote the club and the game with movie nights and the occasional shopping center appearance. But these are rarely advertised or promoted and it is usually only those who already attend games or are involved in their district club that are aware of these.

In terms of the tv promotion, should there/is it possible to be adds with explosive dunks, big blocks, shots etc and not just the captain saying come to our games...

thoughts...

Topic #3984 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

They could try putting the news on their web site that they're playing a pre-season game this Sunday.

Or tell everyone how the Perth games went. (I emailed someone in Perth to find out how Oscar went because there's no news locally that I've seen.)

Start with the basics.

Reply #46318 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

but hey they have time to tell us all about the Swinging on a star ball (btw it is good to see this stuff on the site, but would think the number 1 priority would be providing sixers news first?) if they dont have time to put sixers news up than how do they have time to put other stuff up?

BTW - don't think I'm knocking the Hudson Maher Foundation.

Reply #46319 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

There is a little thing ... for the 36 er's website... and it always shits me coz i forget ...

try www.adelaide36ers.com.au and youll see what i mean ..

people get so used to putting the .au on the end of Aussie sites they get nothing.

Paul Bauers daily report on the Camp recently was good.. if you want to promote the entire NBL start making it easy for kids to relate to the players and adults to admire the skill and athleticism of our beloved sport.

One of the good things about the AFL is that youngsters can readily get information about how fast, strong, high jumping etc most of their favourite players are.

I'd like to see Willie Farley's athleticism and David Bailey's alleged "super speed" talked up a little by the NBL, might get some of the Footy kids respecting what the ballers can do too .Not to mention Reesey's eating ability!!

I used to have arguments with a friend of mine as to who could bench more Mark Ricuitto or Andrew Vlahov (at his peak size) .. we could never reslove that one !! BRING on a Rookie ranking system i say ... let the guys who did not necessarily make the AIS get measured and timed. Each team could be responsible for keeping records updated .. its not hard to do .

Reply #46371 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

Good, cheap promotion is also about being clever with the little things. I thought Perth's idea for the Bailey announcement with the Ferrari was excellent. It triples the chances of the photo or footage being used.

Reply #46404 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

The A - League Have the Ad on Tv which has already had some of my Friends Talking... None of them being soccer Fans but just like the Ad.... The Fact is television is the best way to Advertise ... How ever can prove to be Expensive .. If the NBL can have a Highlight Reel with Some Dunks celebration's of Close wins Etc ... Put it to a Catchy Track ... And have the Times for the First Round of the NBL is the best way to Advertise if you ask me ..

Also Valhov ... Was pretty Dam Big and at his Peak would be Pick to Out Bench Mark .. Size can be Deceiveing i have heard Earl Bokins Can Bench a Fair bit ...

Reply #46406 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How many people would've seen Carlton Draught's "Big Ad" even if it weren't on TV? I know I saw it online and via email long before they put it on TV.

It made it onto websites all around the world.

That's the strength of a good idea. A great idea can offset media costs.

Reply #46418 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

Thanks for these responses. It shows that the ideas are there.

I'd like to see the game improve in all aspects as i believe all of us do.

Does anyone know if Phillips and/or Champion have a promo o/s for the league or the teams they sponsor. I know this is unlikely because I haven't seen much locally about the league but am interested...

Reply #46474 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Phillips has a ok advert on the NBL website,im not sure if its on TV though.
The ad shows a new model phillips tv and has NBL hightlights,Dusty throws down a two hander at the end of the ad.
Cant understand why NBL is not shown on FTA TV? ,even late at night.Much better viewing compared to those stupid ads on at that time!!

Reply #46502 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

People pay to have those stupid ads on late at night, where as the NBL would wont some $$ the coverage or at least expect the station to cover all costs - and I wouldnt imagine it would be all that cheap to film, commentate, edit, broadcast.

Reply #46589 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754