It's time to talk about the 36ers brand
This is my opinion etc. etc.
I know it's subject of jabs every now and then, and there may be arguments of other priorities for Adelaide to deal with....
...but let's be honest here. The 36ers logo and font they use is just bad. It's not even a "this will grow on you", it's just out-right cringe worthy.
The all-capital bold font used for the social graphics i'm also not a fan of, makes it feel like we're being screamed at.
What they had before was significantly better. I understand they probably changed it because of change of management, but it is about time the 36ers went to a graphics designer and fixed it. Same applies to the Adelaide Lightning logo, it's no better.
Branding is incredibly important.
Here's a few questions for hoops folks.
1. Am I being dramatic or is this a legitimate point?
2. Do you believe Adelaide will persist with the current design for the medium term?
3. Do you think the logo/front/branding should be changed asap?
4. What kind of alternate design would you prefer?
5. Do we look at an ode to the past if we did re-design?
6. What should the 36ers keep in mind if they do attempt a re-brand?
For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind the logo simply being this: