Sean Walsh
Years ago

Cairns vs Melbourne pre-season game, Sep 8

Hey guys!
As a mad Snakes fan i'm looking for streaming info for the 2 games we have down there!

Topic #39900 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

Probably best to ask Melbourne United on Facebook

Reply #598552 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Will probably make a announcement on Facebook, looks like they are going to stream on the NBL website.

Reply #598554 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

So many people at Melbourne's pre-season games, geez

Reply #598586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's your point?

Reply #598589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here is the live link. Taipans getting creamed.
https://t.co/h2l86uEOeY

Reply #598590 | Report this post

greybuoy  
Years ago

Thanks to the anonymous live link poster.

Reply #598594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tiaps were in it for most of the game by the looks of the statistics. United shot chart suggests they are already a more balanced team in attack and don't just rely on the 3 ball. Just a practise game, but lots for both teams to be pleased about.

Reply #598595 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Where did you find stats?

Reply #598596 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/62171/16/71/34/29bLCJ83ToSM

Uniteds D was sensational, Taipans imports looked real bad. Going to be a rough year for the Taipans!

Reply #598598 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rough start for the Cairns imports. Trice, Egwu and Edwin combined for 2/15 FG and 8 points total.

Cairns were missing Jawai and Worthington. United missing Goulding and Andersen.

Reply #598599 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It was a pretty high standard game considering the Taipans were missing Jawai and Worthington, and Melbourne were missing Anderson and Goulding.

I think Barlow is going to continue his form and be a bit of a surprise contributor in the league. He still has his jump shot, and he will always be long and pretty athletic. He is going to be an impact player and not relegated to the bench like I first thought.

Devin Williams is a beast. Melbourne are so strong inside right now that it is hard to imagine teams competing with them there.

As for Taipans, I like the look of Mitch McCarron. I think he is going to continue to contribute and may end up being a surprise star on the team.

Reply #598600 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What's your point?

It's impressive, a good sign and shows results of good operational management. Also a curiousity of the types of people there whether they're keen United fans, semi-interested people who saw an advert and thought why not, corporate/business people invited to preview United

Reply #598601 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

You know you're in trouble when Weigh and Loughton are two of your three biggest contributors.

Be interesting to see whether the imports lift their game after Fearney gives them a gentle talking to.

Reply #598602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats why they are tipped bottom

Reply #598603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting name on the box score for Cairns.. Tevin Jackson? Is that Jackson from Perth who has been away at College for the past few years?

Reply #598611 | Report this post

Sean Walsh  
Years ago

Re Tevin Jackson-

Thats correct brah.
Went to McNeese State and is expected to be signed as a DP

Reply #598612 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

So there was no stream? I assume no stream for Saturdays game in Ballarat either?

The two things I take from that box score

- Williams 15 pts, 11 rebounds in 20 minutes. Love it.

- Taipans imports- not much impact.

Reply #598614 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

More specifically- 6 O boards for Williams. Hopefully we'll get more second chances this year than last year.

Reply #598615 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wow - Points in the paint, 48-40

Rebounds- 40-25

United gave Cairns an absolute beating inside. Granted, Jawai and Wortho absent but nonetheless, that will warm the cockles of the hearts of United fans after the last couple of seasons.

Obviously we've still got stacks of outside shooting (Goulding, Moore, Barlow, Blanchfield, all strong outside shooters with Jackson, Andersen decent, and Tomlinson, Wesley can hit the occasional wide open look). But it's the addition of Jackson and Moore's penetration and the new frontcourt crew that makes this squad look dangerously well balanced.

Reply #598617 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Sorry that was meant to say Points in the paint 48-18

Reply #598618 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

So there was no stream? I assume no stream for Saturdays game in Ballarat either?

They and the NBL were tweeting that there was a Facebook live stream from the United facebook page, I checked it out on my phone before putting the kids to bed and it was pretty decent... A bit fiddly on a mobile device but still good quality...

Not sure if they will have it again on the weekend, I cant see why not, bandwidth permitting (this was always the issue at local stadiums for the old KingsTV peeps)

Reply #598620 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

I hope that if they stream again for Saturday night, the commentators learn that the microphone has to stay at a fixed distance from their mouths. Commentary was good - but wildly unpredictable for volume, depending on who was talking :)

Reply #598628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was a coverage and I posted the link last night. It was in a very short un watchable. Stuttering, buffering, nothing and then nothing.

Reply #598630 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Reply #598632 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Don't read too much into teams' form in pre-season matches. Fearne will be trying to get the new guys into his system, rather than focusing on getting the W.

The biggest concern is being beaten on the boards 40-25. Jawai and Wortho will make a difference there, and Tevin Jackson was used as a 4, with Weigh playing 5 for stretches of time, so again, I'm not reading into it too much there, either.

McCarron and Weeks both looked pretty good, and I think Jackson could develop, too. I'd love to fix his free throw shot, though. It's awful, and no wonder he had a .645 average at the stripe in college.

I'm happy to wait until the season proper, and even 3-4 games in, depending on how soon Nate gets back on the floor and the team gets used to working around him, before I start to worry about whether we'll make the finals or not.

Reply #598637 | Report this post

Damosovitch  
Years ago

Watched the stream via Melbourne United's Facebook page and thought it was quite good, especially for the pre-season. Really loving the NBLs push through digital media, seems like it could be a real front runner between all sporting codes.

Reply #598640 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Watching Tevin Jackson in warmups super athletic player!

Reply #598642 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Tevin Jackson got a lot of court time at the pre-season games in Cairns a few weeks ago too. Seems to have a lot of potential.

Reply #598650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coverage was unwatchable. The digital crap is fine if it works. IN our case it was worse than the old NBL coverage, which here was better ;)

Reply #598658 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

^^ @CT, Tevin Jackson is very athletic, but he has a dreadful shooting action. I'd love to spend some time with him, even just to work on his shooting action from the stripe.

Reply #598954 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754