KBdontRulz
Years ago

Matt Knight out two months; Lucas Walker his replacement

Matt Knights done his shoulder, again. Will be out for two months.
Lucas Walker has been signed for 7 games.

Topic #39922 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your obsession with koberulz is pathetic

Reply #598794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every year another injury.. not his fault but you can only really count on him for half a season for the rest of his career. Poor bloke

Reply #598795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He only missed 1 game last season so the perception that Knight is only capable of half a season isn't that accurate!

Reply #598797 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Let's be honest, last year was a rare exception.

Reply #598800 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Lucas Walker was training for United a couple of weeks ago and then playing pre season games for Brisbane last week!
If he's been taking some notes at training, then he could add some extra value too.

Reply #598802 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I have to admit though, it will hurt me seeing my favourite player in a Wildcats uniform...

Reply #598803 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Should be enough big men to cover Knight with Redhage, Wagstaff, Brandt, Mckay and Walker.

Reply #598804 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Will take some getting used to..

Like when Tony Ronaldson joined the Wildcats, I still feel weird about that.

This is on a lesser scale though so all good.

Reply #598806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I have to admit though, it will hurt me seeing my favourite player in a Wildcats uniform..."

On the flipside, it will hurt me seeing my most despised player in a Wildcats uniform..."

Reply #598807 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Unfortunate for Matty but we are lucky to pick up Walker I look forward to seeing him in a Perth uniform even if it is short term.
I'm expecting Brandt to help pickup the slack

Reply #598809 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

The Wildcats dont actually have a legitimate 5 man.

Mckay, Brandt, Wagstaff, Redhage. All 4 men at best.

Jervis would be handy right about now.

Reply #598810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandt is listed as 1 inch shorter, which I doubt and 5kg heavier. He's a 5 and at worst comparable to Jervis.

Reply #598811 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm surprised he's heavier than Jervis. I definitely wouldn't have guessed that based on the way they play.

Here's hoping Walker isn't required to too long. I was already a bit worried about our interior even with Matty on the roster.

Reply #598813 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Jervis is a lot longer Brandt, and those long arms are a key part to Tom's game. Angus is a more robust body and definitely a C, but to me he is a somewhat undersized one due to his lack of length.

I think Walker will suit the way Perth want to play this season, so not a bad short-term replacement, but no Matt Knight, that's for sure.

Reply #598815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knight's shoulder is becoming a real issue you have to wonder how much longer he will keep playing. I am surprised they haven't considered having a similar surgery to those of Nat Fyfe and Andrew Walker in the AFL who had shoulder issues early on who lost a little bit in range of motion of the shoulder but stability of the joint was a lot better.

Reply #598816 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

The Cats will probably start Wagstaff at 4 and McKay at 5.

Reply #598819 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Knight had left shoulder stabilisation surgery in March this year.

The Wildcats' announcement says this time he subluxed his right shoulder, during training. i.e., the other one. No surgery required.

Pretty worrying that both shoulders are prone to this type of injury.

FWIW, 2015-16 was his first injury-free season with the Wildcats. Or at least the first where he missed no games due to injury. He's missed about 30 games in 6 seasons there.

Reply #598821 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wildcats fans better be hoping McKay is a gun, or Brandt has a break out season.

Walker can still contribute, but he is now a couple of years past his best, and Redhage is a wily veteran probably in his last season, and more there for leadership and smarts than game winning ability of days gone past. Wagstaff is decent too. But for mine, it's a below par frontcourt in this year's NBL if McKay or Brandt don't seriously bring it.

Reply #598822 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Break out *start* to the season, I meant

Reply #598823 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

oh shit
oh shit
OH SHIT
This is my worst knightmare. Matty DOMINATES and is a LEADER who organises the D crashes the boards and is the spiritual leader of the great team.

Lucas waxy walker is the dopiest player ever to don a basketball uniform the man constantly looks like he doesn't know what the F is going on.

We've lost the king of the jungle and replaced him with the freaking PADDLE-POP LION. this HURTS MY SOUL

Reply #598857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Walker the cats became even more up tempo and high flying

Reply #598861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only one soul here Mock. R sole.

Reply #598862 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Dunk city

Reply #598867 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

I'd dunk on your head anonymous FOOL

Reply #598875 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Mocks post tickled my fancy, I knew it would be good the moment I read "knightmare".

--

Things more likely than a healthy Matty Knight season:

A death-free season of Game of Thrones
Steve Carfino's commentary gaining universal approval
36ers putting effort into twitter
Wildcats thread not reduced to a jousting session
Cairns v 36ers being the 2017 NBL Grandfinal epic

Reply #598877 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ Nice :)

Reply #598878 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"We've lost the king of the jungle and replaced him with the freaking PADDLE-POP LION."

This is one of my favourite all-time lines on hoops.

Reply #598882 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think Waxy is a bloody good player, he has a lot of tools to be a star but let's slam him and say we should have picked Rhys Vague instead so he doesn't feel pressure and Walker is bloody useless when we expect him to do something

Reply #598884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if Burston or Trigger were considered.

Reply #598887 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Is Burston still rehabbing his ankle post-surgery?

Reply #598923 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

^ Don't know, @Wookie, but I'd be surprised if they took Waxy over a fit Burston.

Reply #598953 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754