ME
Years ago

NBL pre-season comp live and free this weekend

For those who may have forgotten, the Australian Basketball Challenge is this weekend.

http://www.aussiehoopla.com/stream-the-nbl-live-and-for-free-this-weekend/

Topic #39954 | Report this topic

LV  
Years ago

That's pretty cool.

Then again, it's Preliminary final weekend in footy....

Reply #599371 | Report this post

7 time champs  
Years ago

Will you be able to watch replays?

Reply #599372 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Who cares about football?

Reply #599373 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

More people than care about any other sport in this country, by far, that's all. So probably 10 million people or more?

Reply #599374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last i checked this was hoops.com.au not Foots.com.au.

Reply #599375 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Is there a way for both Sydney and Geelong to lose in the same match? :X

Reply #599376 | Report this post

7 time champs  
Years ago

We get bombarded with afl, much of us have no choice but to hear or watch the news.

Reply #599377 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

There's always a few who have visceral-like reactions to any AFL reference. It's not like this place is flooded with AFL chatter either.

It might shock some, but i'd say there's a lot of bball fans on here who also like AFL!

Reply #599378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you can't watch the footy and streaming at the same time LV?

Reply #599379 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Footy season finished when the Crows got knocked out!

We're now in basketball/cricket season ;)

Reply #599380 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

^

Reply #599381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hate when my teams season finish prematurely. Luckily I'm a Wildcats fan so it doesn't happen often...

Reply #599385 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

My passion is with the Supercats in the SEABL and I follow the Stingrays a bit in the Big V, unfortunately both dipped out and season is over.

Still rooting for the Geelong Cats and Melbourne Storm though, so plenty to get excited about here lads.

Then there is the NBL season and A League about to start, don't have a favourite in the NBL yet, but don't mind Melbourne City in the A League and if a Ford wins a car race or any Aussie does well abroad I am up for it!

Any Aussie that still has some common decency, a bit of humility and sportsmanship about them that is...

Oh, and I can't forget the NFL (Go Raiders), the college basketball and football season when it kicks off and of course then the NBA will be upon us again!

Isn't sports grand??

Reply #599395 | Report this post

'Sportz Nut'  
Years ago

Haven't even touched on European sports...

Reply #599396 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Geelong Cats...Melbourne Storm...A League...Melbourne City...Ford...NFL
I think you might be my least favourite person ever.

Reply #599397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think a lot of people would be happy having that status.

Reply #599399 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I'm by no means a car person, I actually actively try to avoid it as much as cricket, but Ford, Bear? And I thought you seemed like a decent fella ;)

But back on topic... I wonder if this streaming will be an early look into what will be the offering this coming season, or it's just some quick fix so people in China can view it and we're just lucky that we can view it live? I'll be catching most games live, but it would be good to be able to re-watch later in the week or somesuch if my team has a good game or three... Plus, can't expect people to be glued to a computer screen the entire 3.5 days...

Reply #599405 | Report this post

but don't mind Melbourne City in the A League

Are you going to watch Wanderers V City in the FFA Cup tonight?

Timmy Cahill's been announced in the squad.

Reply #599406 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If I can't afford a Jaguar I will go for a Mustang any day of the week, spare me, and please don't try and compare a Commodore with its unreliability issues over a bullet proof Falcon either (I may yet throw up)...

:)

Reply #599407 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Turtleneck & Chain, maybe...

That should be a decent game!

Reply #599408 | Report this post

@Bear

Yeah, City are stacked, but Popa is a better coach than JVS, so hopefully WSW will win comfortably ;)

Reply #599409 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Beggars the question, what is a comfortable win in soccer these days, with so few goals generally scored I presume you are predicting a 2 goal margin.

So be it, maybe you will be proven right, but if City can find that replacement for Kisnorbo to shore up their defence they have the punch in attack to win the competition this year IMHO.

Stopping goals is our Achilles Heel, believing their own press may be the Wanderer's biggest hurdle...

Reply #599412 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I think it's fair to say that NBL pre season still takes a back seat to other sports for the majority of NBL fans, even those who follow NBL closely like most of us here.

Reply #599420 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Can you watch this on TV, through an app or other means, Smart TV etc?

Reply #599640 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:10 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754