40th Street Black
Years ago

Woodville Vs Sandringham

This game will require the Warriors to play the ultimate team game to get over Sandringham.

On paper they look quite impressive.

Marcus Timmons - Woolongong, Perth, New Zealand, Melbourne

Eric Wikstrom - Melbourne, Geelong, Albury, Broadmeadows

Matt Smith 6'10- just signed with Cairns

Bobby Cunningham - Warrnambool, punk'd on HoopSA forum

The Warriors last year beat Dandenong who also had a stacked team, so don't count them out.

Topic #3996 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

40 st black will you be at the nationals?

Reply #46468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the game meant nothing to dandy mate so this game will be abit different! how did eastern go against hume?

Reply #46470 | Report this post

big fella  
Years ago

Sandringham will thump Woodville. They will go close to winning it all

Reply #46477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is all of the woodville team going over

Reply #46479 | Report this post

SIr Spark  
Years ago

Only 9 of the boys are going, I dont think rees is going, so that leaves the starters, mapunda, pascoe, reeves and possibly gillet, steele, willis or duncan. More than likely Gillet though.

Reply #46480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would have thought steele deserves to go.

His post-match celebrations eclipsed all woodville players.

Reply #46481 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

made up for his inability as a player

Reply #46501 | Report this post

He has a state Mens league title and is travelling to the nationals, have you?

Reply #46503 | Report this post

rumour mill  
Years ago

Rees is going, if they get past Sandy they will face Cairns or Bendigo no easy task

Reply #46522 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

would love to c them win but it will be very tuff.hop[e it happens. go Warriors

Reply #46527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should beat Sandy but that will be the end of the road!!

Reply #46528 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

I think they are already at the end of the road. Sandringham are going to beat them into oblivion. Puddifoot on Timmons.....haha

Reply #46533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I only wish South had made it. JB on Cunningham. That would be a great matchup!

Reply #46537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meh, as soon as Sandringham are introduced to a little thing called 'defense' (which I heard isn't played much over there) I'm sure Woodville will have the upper hand.

Reply #46546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and defense is played in sa? cant be serious? all teams do over there is play junk defenses box and 1's zones etc.....

Reply #46551 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

a shock may be comming for some cocky vics that need a kicking!

Reply #46622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Take luck... sounds a little like knuckles mate, doesnt suit. Sandi by 35.... and thats with WV pegging back in the last quarter...

Reply #46628 | Report this post

if woodville want to have any chance of beating sandringham all they have to do is target bobby cunnningham mentally and physically. if you get in his head and get him to lose focus he usually is a detriment to his team. i mean we all saw his disgusting tirade of abuse on this forum because someone had pissed him off and i've seen him get unnecesary techs in games that have cost his team.
that would be how i would do it anyway.

Reply #46661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Woodville can beat Forestville they can beat Sandringham. Timmons and Cunningham are both way past their best. Not having Reesey will hurt tho, means Elder will need to play 40+ minutes which he hasn't done all year, but should be able to, at least in the first game.

Reply #46666 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Sandringham may not be a problem, but being at the stadium ("The Arena") this morning I saw the Bendigo Braves shooting around, and they are a very tall team indeed.

I dont know what plans we have for after the games tonight, but I will try and post results for all 3 SA teams, and a review of what games I got to see (Eagles women start at 1230, then Warriors men 2pm....my first game to work on is 415, so hopefully I'll see all the Warriors game - Rockets women are tonight.)

Reply #46678 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

that would be great yogee!!....

Reply #46681 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:11 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754