koberulz
Years ago

2016 Australian Basketball Challenge, Sunday

New Zealand vs Cairns, 11:00 EST/10:30 CST/09:00 WST

Illawarra vs Perth, 13:30 EST/13:00 CST/11:30 WST

Tianjin vs Zhejiang, 17:00 EST/16:30 CST/15:00 WST

Dunk Contest (Terrance Ferguson, Damon Heuir, Akil Mitchell, Jaron Johnson, Michael Bryson) and 3-point shootout (contestants unknown) - 19:00 EST/18:30 CST/17:00 WST

Adelaide vs Melbourne, 20:00 EST/19:30 CST/18:00 WST

No NBL vs CBA games on the schedule for today, so hopefully it'll be more competitive.

Topic #39971 | Report this topic

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Cairns looks good so far. Nice workmen like performance.

Streaming was good too for once. Well done NBL.

Reply #599711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The DUnk Contest looks amazing - will definitely be streaming in for that one!

Reply #599712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please for the love of god turn the back ground music off!!

Reply #599713 | Report this post

PeroV  
Years ago

Hello all - I'm a long time Hoops lurker but just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

I'm probably one of the few people who has watched every single NBL game the last couple of seasons (a sad, sorry milestone, I know). With that in mind, watching this preseason live stream I must say the game has come along in leaps and bounds in Aus since the rock bottom era of Kristina Keneally as Basketball Aus CEO a few years back.

Really hoping for a positive year for the NBL - with the raft of off-season player movement it looks like we might get a pretty competitive season. For me, Hawks look like they can get it done this year at big odds - they are well coached, will defend, have a gun Aussie big in AJ. On top of all that, they will scorch the net from 3 game in game out.

If there's any other punters on this forum - good luck this year. I played with and against quite a few of the NSW-based players and try to use that to my advantage. Has been a profitable few seasons in the NBL and am hoping to make some more $$$ off the bookies this season.

Reply #599715 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Well, the Wildcats are shyt...

Reply #599716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent

Reply #599717 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

The APPALLING lack of detail from nbl.com.au continues. Egwu is now called Ngwu apparently. Get your act together YOU NONGS

Reply #599718 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

unbelievable. Surely someone needs to be FIRED for that mistake? FIRED out of a CANNON and straight in the SUN. Not out SUN because I wouldn't want their unworthy atoms STAYING in our cosmological region of the MILKY WAY.

(note: I understand it will need to be a large cannon)

Reply #599719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just tuned in (well trying to...) - is the stream working for you guys?

Reply #599725 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Its been great tournament so far! Lots of highlight plays and high scoring games. Comparing this to the Blitz last year its miles above. Shame the Chinese teams couldn't bring all their imports would of made the games a little bit more competitive at least. Commentators have been great, some awesome insights and special guests on the broadcast. Never been this excited for the season to start. Only downfall on broadcast would have to be the no replays after some highlight worthy plays apart from that well done NBL.

Reply #599726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im just getting a black screen that says "Oyala" - is this what I should be seeing?

Reply #599728 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Until they go to air, yes.

Reply #599729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok, thanks koberulz.

Reply #599730 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Hoggytime would be smashing this 3 point contest. This would have given his nbl aspirations serious cred.

Reply #599731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Curry-esque performance by Cadee!

Reply #599732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$15K not a bad prize for a pre-season dunk contest!

That would be like a 10 per cent (or more) bonus for these guys?

Reply #599733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you could tell the time you would know when it was scheduled to start. The loonies on FB were going off.

Reply #599734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle under the pump already. JOey's batting 0.000 so far.

Reply #599735 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Ramone Moore looking real good early but then again he's going against the 36ers defence.

Reply #599737 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Deng with the monster block!

Reply #599738 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Just going back briefly to the 3-point comp - if I ever catch up with the vomit-inducing cameraman who followed every ball up and down, he can buy me a replacement dinner :)

Reply #599739 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Mu 27-26 at Qtr time.

Reply #599740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United with a 4 man non aussie starting side.

Reply #599741 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Creeks jump shot looks somewhat improved. He is at least shooting the ball with confidence.

Reply #599742 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Ferguson is wank!!

Reply #599743 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Glad to see Ferguson making me eat my words with 17 on the night.

Reply #599745 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

and now he has done something to his knee :-(

Reply #599746 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Boti saying not serious just banged it hard via Joey. Fingers crossed.

Reply #599748 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Bloody typical! Ferguson finally getting going and he hurts his knee. Really hoping its minor and he only misses tomorrow's game.

Its really good to see Creek stepping up in his first year as captain. I hope he can take a leap and join DJ and Randle as a star player this season.

Anyone know why Drmic isn't getting more minutes so far? He's looked decent to me, but needs more time on court to get a rhythm.

Also, why did Sobey not play? He didn't get suspended as a result of last night's ejection did he? Am I correct that he was ejected because he got two techs for flopping?!?!

Jacobsen needs to have a huge year alongside DJ if the Sixers want to be in the playoff hunt. Hodgson and Deng have some skills, but I don't think they're ready to be depended on.

Reply #599749 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Melbourne's list is kind of ridiculous.
They play without their 3 Boomers (if you count Barlow, whose been a Boomer for years) and still beat us.
3 imports that all look very solid and a team full of quality Aussies/locals.

Reply #599752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^ exactly, have to be favourites by a mile.

Reply #599753 | Report this post

PeroV  
Years ago

Any thread for today koberulz?

For what it's worth I like Perth, Adelaide, Bris and Hawks to get the job done today. Though I wouldn't recommend betting big in the preseason (wish I could follow my own advice)

Reply #599754 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

No Chinese teams today so hopefully just 4 competitive games instead.
Melbourne look a class above everyone else

Reply #599756 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

How can you say Melbourne are a class above? They beat TJN and then ADL by 3. Sounds like they are going good but let's wait and see how they go when they play a good team.

Reply #599774 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United and Sydney have the most talented Aussie crews in the NBL. If their imports don't turn out well, then they can easily replace them mid season.

I can't recall any Aussie crews comparable to Lisch, Newley, Garlepp, Khazzouh, Maric, Cadee..... or Goulding, Andersen, Blanchfield, Barlow, Wesley, Majok, Tomlinson, Odigie.

Throw in the well credentialled imports they've signed up (especially Melbourne with Jackson, obviously) and the talent is mind boggling. I'm not really worried what either team is doing right now, as the question is more about coaching. If Gaze and Demopoulos know what they're doing (a fair question, btw) then they'll both finish top 4.

Reply #599794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's only pre season someone thinks it's not about winning by so many, just....

Reply #599796 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:38 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754