Luke
Years ago

NBL TV Live

Don't know if anyone has noticed since the NBL hasn't announced it but NBL TV is live and up, successfully signed up for free with the Telstra offer, 2015 app has been updated and looks a lot more improved and easily to use, started a classic game in only a couple of moments after picking one, haven't checked out website yet, but a telstra tv app launched on October 5 as seen on Telstra website, great news so far!

Topic #39998 | Report this topic

Craig  
Years ago

Does anyone know how we can sign in if we are season ticket holder?

Reply #600225 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The website doesn't work at all, neither does the iOS app.

Reply #600226 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The website is working fine for me.

Reply #600227 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'm just getting a blank popup instead of the login form.

Reply #600228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe r u sure ur not the issue??

I had no problems with the abc stream, watched almost every game n nbl tv has worked perfectly for me. I have watched 3 full classic games with no issue over the past day.

I dont have any fancy internet connection or computer either.

Maybe the problem is ur set up not the nbl.

So maybe check that stuff before complaining n blaming the nbl for ur problems.

N if ur convinced its the nbl its simple unsubscribe n move on

It works just fine for everyone else so im gonna say it's not the nbls fault if it dont work for u

Reply #600230 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It worked for literally nobody until late last night, at least one other user is experiencing the lack of login form.

Reply #600231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had nbl tv working from around 5pm last night

Not bad as its not officially launched yet,

Also simple dont sign up til u know/ hear its working

Better than wasting everyones time with your constant complaints

Reply #600232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The abc stream wass ok. Mothing great. Buffering in and out. But atchable. I still cant get the free telstra access however.

Reply #600233 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Also simple dont sign up til u know/ hear its working

Better than wasting everyones time with your constant complaints
It's been announced, advertised and is now clearly online. I don't see how it's unreasonable to expect it to work.

Reply #600234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It works

Reply #600235 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What is the website's address?

I won't be signing up until they officially launch it just in case it takes my money and doesn't fully register.

The ABC stream worked great for me despite having a shitty connection and the two times it did buffer or whatever knowing it was probably my connection just kept refreshing the page until it started working properly.

Reply #600236 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Membership login anyone?

Reply #600237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl.tv is the website address

Reply #600238 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

Sign ups and logins not working for me either. Blank login form on the website and trying to sign up on the app just redirects me to cleeng.com

Reply #600239 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Signed up this morning, works fine for me.
For the people its not working for - what browser are u using. Maybe try another browser. Im using Safari and that works for me.

Reply #600244 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Will NBL TV work with Apple TV connected to a Samsung Smart TV?

I wondering whether to get Apple TV or just try and access the app via my Smart TV, but alot of apps aren't released for Smart TVs, so I doubt NBL app will work either.

Reply #600245 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Blank login page in both Firefox and Chrome.

Reply #600247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally the Telstra links are there. Had to uninstall it to get access to the free Telstra code. Once that was done it was easy.

Reply #600248 | Report this post

NBL #1 Fan  
Years ago

Well, I can confirm that it doesn't work with Smart TVs, and the NBL.TV website isn't built for Smart TV web browsers so it's either PCs, Smart Phones, or Tablets. Not TVs.

Reply #600249 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I get a blank login page if I click "log in", but if I click on one of the classic games the login page loads properly. Got it working on my laptop, connected to my TV via HDMI.

Also successfully used screen mirroring from my Galaxy S7 to my Samsung TV earlier.

Reply #600251 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Actually, the above only works in Chrome. Getting a redirect to Cleeng in Firefox.

Reply #600253 | Report this post

NBL #1 Fan  
Years ago

Is it just me or is the resolution for last season's grand final isn't crystal clear?

I can understand the lack of quality for previous classic games, but last season's grand final should be full HD I would of thought.

Reply #600255 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Even the older games look significantly worse than similar-aged NBA and WWE footage.

The maximum bitrate is only 1853 kbps.

Reply #600256 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Streams are 1280x720, which is HD. Even for the classic games, which is odd.

Used Cookie Monster to allow third-party cookies for cleeng.com and can now log in in Firefox.

Reply #600263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there a way to access it yet as a member?

Reply #600268 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There's nothing available to members that isn't available to the general public, no.

Just sat through Calvin Talford's debut, and it was difficult to do at 12fps. Switched over to the Slingers-Wildcats game afterwards, and that doesn't look like it's much better.

Reply #600278 | Report this post

Debre  
Years ago

Singed up and got it working on my pc and mobile, no chromecast support yet. But man is the quality bad I hope they improve the stream to HD and at a decent fps otherwise games will be unbearable to watch...

Reply #600284 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I spoke too soon regarding the resolution. The classic I was viewing at the time was 1280x720, but others seem to max out at 960x540. Standard definition DVDs are 1050x576.

They'd have to completely re-encode the videos to improve the quality, it's an issue with the source not with the streaming. I have no idea what's behind the frame-rate issues but they seem more likely to occur during the digitisation process than during the encoding process, which means starting completely from scratch for those games.

In addition to that, everything from 2004-2008 or so is 16:9 footage squashed down to 4:3 then pillarboxed back to 16:9.

I'd rate it a solid D- thus far. Nowhere near the catalog we were promised and the digitisation process appears to have been done by someone who doesn't understand video. Portions of the 1979 grand final are interlaced.

Reply #600291 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I am not sure about all the technicalities of this stuff but NBL.TV is not yet finished, which is why the league hasn't announced that it is out yet.

Reply #600300 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I wouldn't be critical of the catalogue yet, but the quality of the videos won't improve because they've already been digitised and I suspect the NBL won't re-digitise them in a better way with someone more competent if Koberulz is accurate about the technical aspects

Reply #600302 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I haven't had a look yet, but from what kr says it sounds like the deinterlacing might have been done in the wrong order for some games, which shouldn't be a big deal to fix up.

Personally I think the NBL would have been better off releasing a good product than a completed library. We're not going to watch every game ever in the first month. Plus I think it would only help, rather than hinder, if the start of each week of this season saw the NBL unveil another batch of historical games for us to watch. It really shouldn't be up to users to discover that some games haven't been digitised correctly.

Reply #600308 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Signed up. Paying monthly subscription.

App lets me login, but when I go to view a game, I'm told I have an "invalid subscription". Same error when I try to watch anything- pre season, classic games, etc.

Reply #600309 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cool, now working. Must have been a 10-15 min time lag

Reply #600310 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Agreed Luuuc

Reply #600312 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I haven't had a look yet, but from what kr says it sounds like the deinterlacing might have been done in the wrong order for some games, which shouldn't be a big deal to fix up.
I don't think so. The Bullets-Devils game is missing at least every second frame, possible more. They're not in the wrong order, the information just isn't there. At all.

The Slingers-Wildcats game is similar, except it happens every few seconds instead of every frame. It'll pause, then skip ahead a bit.

The 1979 grand final consists of at least two sources, which have presumably been combined to cover serious defects in the main source. One was deinterlaced, one wasn't.

Add to that the countless games that have been squashed down to the wrong aspect ratio, the random resolutions and bitrates, the overwhelming amounts of compression on most of them...it's awful. I've been holding off on watching my DVDs on the assumption a lot of that footage would be on NBL TV in better quality, and it turns out my DVDs are actually better than what NBL TV is serving up, despite starting from inferior sources. And almost none of it is on NBL TV anyway, despite the claims of 'every grand final' and 'hundreds of games'.

There are currently 89 selections in the 'classics' section, not all of which are games at all. It was never specified whether it would be every game from every grand final or just the deciders, but operating on the more forgiving assumption, the following are missing:

1994, 2003 and 2009 have game one available and nothing else. The rest aren't available at all.

And sure, it hasn't been announced yet, but so what? It's available, you can sign up and sign in and watch games. You can't really say at this point that it hasn't launched.

Reply #600316 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/nbl-live-faqs/

Is this for real? No streaming on PC...or...is this FAQ old???

Reply #600318 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

That would be old info. I've been streaming on pc/Mac this morning.

Reply #600320 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

You seem to be struggling with the fact that it hasn't been launched yet and it was always known they would add classic games in dribs and drabs.

If it isn't officially launched, it cannot yet be seen as a finished product. There are people working on the app and website service as we speak to make sure it works well.

If it matters so much to you, there is an email address given to you when sign up and you can ask these questions of them. Otherwise you're whining over something that isn't even finished yet.

Reply #600321 | Report this post

So what's the general consensus about this product's "useability" right now? Is it ready to try or should I wait longer otherwise I will endure frustration?

Reply #600322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've enjoyed it, watched 5 classic games over the past few days with no issues at all on my laptop

but take into account the footage of some classic games is 20+ years old, so its not going to look as good as a 2016 hd game, but from my experience it is very very clear and watchable.

Reply #600323 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You seem to be struggling with the fact that it hasn't been launched yet and it was always known they would add classic games in dribs and drabs.
How much more launched can it get than being available for people to subscribe to and having footage on it? It just hasn't been announced. It's been advertised, and promoted, and is available and there are countless people on Facebook trying to get help with signing up or signing in who are clearly under the impression it's good to go, as they should be.

Yes, it wasn't going to launch with the entire archive, but they said every grand final would be available and that it would launch with hundreds of games. Neither is the case.

There are people working on the app and website service as we speak to make sure it works well.
And they're going to fix what, exactly? There are still sign-in issues on iOS, from what I can tell, but other than that it all works in terms of the app and website. The problem is either the digitisation process, or the encoding process. Or possibly they were incompetent enough that those were both done in the same process.

Either way, the only way it's going to be fixed is to take down the problem videos (which is every single one I've watched thus far to one degree or another) and completely re-do them. That will take years.

but take into account the footage of some classic games is 20+ years old, so its not going to look as good as a 2016 hd game
Of course it's not. But these aren't analog issues, these are digital issues. The footage available on NBL TV is significantly lower in quality than the original tapes would have been.

I have a DVD collection of old NBL games that goes back to the 80s. All sourced from VHS. NBL TV would have had access to far better-quality 1-inch and BetaCam tapes, and digital originals for games from the mid-2000s onward. And yet my collection looks better.

My collection looks vastly worse, however, than archival footage from the NFL, NBA and WWE. Because they started with the higher-quality tapes and then digitised and encoded them competently.

Reply #600324 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Get your email that clarified your purchase and email them directly.

Reply #600326 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What do you expect that will accomplish?

The 1993 Bullets vs Tigers and 1993 grand final games also have frame rate issues.

Reply #600327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An imperfect step in the right direction is still a step in the right direction. Too much complaining.

Reply #600328 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

This is from the NBL's facebook. Please consider it:

" We realise there have been some teething issues with the app update and trust us when we tell you, we are working around the clock to resolve them. We want it running smoothly just as badly as you do.

We're committed to making our game #yourgame in 2016/17 and our new NBL TV platform is a big part in giving you guys the keys to the league, with both the upcoming season’s action and the classic games from the archives so we want it to be the best product it can be.

To make this as good as it can be we need your help and would love your input in helping us create a user experience and entertainment hub that is second to none. So if you have any suggestions, questions or issues we’d love to hear from you, reach out at [email protected] and together let’s make the NBL great again."

So, in short, email them. We're not the ones who can fix this for you. And fact is, they might not even be aware of these issues.

Reply #600330 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Where on Facebook? I can't find it.

Reply #600332 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

@KR - https://www.facebook.com/TheNBL/videos/1234742696577617/
Should be first comment

Reply #600334 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

How do we get it for free with Telstra? Or am i misinterpreting what's been said?

Reply #600336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Log into NBL Live via Telstra's network and it will know you are a Telstra customer and get it for free.

Reply #600337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turn off wifi

Reply #600340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it data free on telstra?

Reply #600348 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

No.

So it's officially launched now, and they've added game one of the 2012 grand final. Still missing the rest of what I listed, plus the Rob Rose game-winner that was used to advertise NBL TV.

It does, however, have the biggest winning margin in NZ Breakers history, which I'm sure interests precisely zero people.

Meanwhile, great games in NBL history that aren't present:
Game one, 1986 grand final
Game two, Cairns vs NZ grand finals
Quadruple overtime
Perth vs Sydney, November 2002 - Goorj said at the time it was the best NBL game he'd ever seen
The Bullets and Cats go to 4OT
Al Green scores 71
Reg Biddings scores 63 in a 40-minute game with no three-point line
Goulding scores 50 in a 40-minute game
Ian Davies drops 13 threes
John Dorge gets 14 blocks
Damon Lowery gets 3 free-throws
The Tigers and Titans go to OT as the Titans bleed everywhere in 1999/00
Andrew Vlahov kills Mark Dickel
Game two from the 2006 grand final
Bobby Locke gets 50 on debut
The 2008 grand final
Mark Davis screwing Darryl Pearce out of a 50-point game

And that's just the ones I can think of. Obviously there might be footage availability issues with some of those, but most should be on there.

Reply #600364 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Free data is needed here, the app is useless to me if i cant have free T data as i'll be watching it on the road or out and about not so much at home..Bummer.

Reply #600366 | Report this post

Bobby  
Years ago

Anyone know how long after a game is finished will it be available on demand???

Reply #600367 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

They will be on there eventually as they've continually said. They can only do so many things at once.

Reply #600377 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There are dozens of meaningless games on there; I'm taking issue with their prioritising.

The Rob Rose game-winner is actually there, it's just not on the Classics page. You have to search for it to find it.

Reply #600380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hell KB be thankful it's available.

Reply #600386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone managed to get full access (not the free model) to NBL TV via being a member of an NBL club?

If so how was it done?

When I see the options to sign up to NBL TV, they are :

1) Free - One Team Only.
2) Pay $5.
3) Telstra Offer.

Not sure how to get a login as a member.

Reply #600388 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Clubs will email their members at some point.

Reply #600389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the NBL tweeted that login details for club members will be sent out this week.

Reply #600390 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Look, five new games were uploaded today and they've told you there's plenty more to come. You're going to get your games man. Just watch some of the ones that are on there already!

Reply #600402 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

On behalf of every shut the hell up koberulz, be happy with what youve got

Reply #600404 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Look, five new games were uploaded today
2008 grand final, game five. 2012 grand final, game one. 1989 quarter finals, game three.

What are the other two?

Reply #600405 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yeah it's getting a bit much. Go and watch something non-sport related to relieve a bit of tension mate if you catch my drift.

When the NBL launched NBL TV today they put a little koberulz disclaimer down the bottom of the article.

Please be patient with us while we make the site 100% perfect. The timing of going live was obviously important to us to ensure you all have access prior to Round 1. Upgrades and improvements will continue to occur in the coming weeks.

Reply #600407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe, which Rob Rose game you talking about??

Reply #600409 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Kobe, which Rob Rose game you talking about??

Reply #600411 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Hahaha Zodiac brilliant

Reply #600412 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Hahaha Zodiac brilliant

Reply #600413 | Report this post

K47  
Years ago

I purchased it last night, not sure if how or when team members will get the free pass.

Watched a couple of 1990's classics. Worked great on browser and also from iPad onto TV via Airplay.

Didn't have any buffering issues.

Found a couple of little usability issues that could be ironed out you'd assume.

Current Season schedule is in reverse order, this weeks Rd 1 games are the last ones displayed.

Also when first searching for classic games i showed none. It wasn't until i selected teams did it show any. It'd be much better off showing everything, then allowing users to filter out.

I noticed the date was the date added to the system, not the date of the game.

Reply #600435 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, you can only browse the classics on the desktop site (although as mentioned previously, the Kings-Crocs game doesn't show up for some reason). You can only filter by season on the app.

The 2008 grand final has been resized for no apparent reason, meaning the scoreboard gets cut off by the bottom of the screen.

Reply #600440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe makes some valid points about the NBL TV product, I have to agree with his statements.

Really very few of us would accept this level of service from another provider.

Perhaps its because we've become so accustomed to the NBL'sbeing the NBL that we have come to accept this as the norm.

Having said all that I am happy to give the NBL a bit of grace given where they have been and are trying to get back to.

Reply #600445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes that $5pm or free product is not up to standard. Compared to the shit previously offered it's great.

Reply #600458 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

2001 R22 ADELAIDE VS MELBOURNE
A contraversial thriller between the 36ers and the Tigers played in Adelaide. Should it have counted? The answer is still being debated.

Reply #600459 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I can't believe the incessant droning continues!

You've been given the NBL contact details. They've asked for people to let them know about any issues they have with the service. You're clearly capable of expressing the issues you have - but you're doing it to the wrong people.

This is becoming obsessive now. I have a feeling that when every game you want is finally on the app you wont even watch them.

The service is still being developed. There are already 100 classic games on there with more to come. You've been given every option to raise your concerns with the page. It is a $5 app. Quit whining!

Reply #600461 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Is that specifically towards KB?

Reply #600462 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

KR, I've only lightly followed this thread but as you have mentioned it a few times the Kings v Croc games shows on the iPad app version. It's nearer the bottom of the page, like it was added as a "launch game" despite being added a bit later on.

For what it's worth I think it's brilliant.

Reply #600463 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You've been given the NBL contact details. They've asked for people to let them know about any issues they have with the service. You're clearly capable of expressing the issues you have - but you're doing it to the wrong people.
What's to say I haven't also contacted the NBL?

The service is still being developed. There are already 100 classic games on there with more to come.
There were 88 items in the classics section at launch, not all of which were games. They've added four since then.

And it really doesn't matter whether the service is still being developed. The games were digitised years ago. That's not an ongoing process. They are what they are at this point. And what they are in some cases is horrendously compressed, and missing scoreboard graphics. In the case of the 2008 grand final they've actually gone out of their way to ruin it.

There are plenty that are just from bad sources, too. Compare the 1994 grand final with the 1987 grand final. The former is an excellent-quality source ruined by compression, the latter is a poor-quality source being done no favours by compression.

Which is not to say it's automatically acceptable. If I had the tape they've used for the 1987 grand final I could come up with a much better result than they have. It takes time and effort, sure, but it's worth doing.

The price of the subscription is irrelevant. At least a large number of these games were digitised long before NBL TV - even the first version - came into existence. There's no 'premium' option that includes things like DVD-resolution footage and score overlays. And more care should have been taken during the digitisation process. This is the league's history, it deserves far better treatment.

Reply #600465 | Report this post

Bobby  
Years ago

Watched Wildcats v Sydney in the ABC on Television via HDMI cable. It worked quite nicely.

Just wondering when will games be uploaded. I can't watch the Wildcats at 430pm WST, with the game scheduled to finish at 630pm WST will the game be available on demand at 630pm????

Reply #600466 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Has anybody been able to successfully register, log in and claim the Telstra 'free' access?

I'm pretty IT literate, and last night the site and App had me going around in circles for about 45 minutes before I eventually gave up. Credentials not being accepted, password resets not working, interstitial popups from Cleeng, then finally the Telstra code I believe hidden behind an ad, meaning I couldn't get to see the redemption code to claim it. A total balls-up.

Did anybody actually test this signup process before they released it to the public?

Reply #600491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Signing up through telstra worked perfectly for me mate.

Reply #600492 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's worked for others, I believe. You have to make sure you're not connected to WiFi when you're signing up.

I think iOS has sign-in problems that are unrelated to the Telstra thing, too.

Reply #600493 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Wow, I finally got myself Telstra access and signed in on the iPad. Not sure how I managed it, and I wouldn't back myself to do it again. But at least the mission was finally successful.

Now to see how the live streaming works...

Reply #600509 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"2016 WAS the year of Royal Commissions, with investigations into trade unions, South Australia's electricity grid, the banking sector and NBL TV"

Reply #600513 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The 1979 Hawks vs Saints game randomly switches to widescreen for no apparent reason about 15 minutes in, cutting off the top and bottom of the picture.

Reply #600516 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Well, after all this talk about 1979 Hawks games, and the comparison between the quality of the 1987 and 1994 grand finals...and..... I'm just hoping I can log into my laptop tonight, plug the cable into my TV and get decent quality coverage!

Reply #600520 | Report this post

Well it's the start of the NBL season and my club still hasn't emailed me log in details to NBL.TV so I can catch the action (or, you know, actually test the service on my devices so I don't have to do it on the fly). All communication thus far is being ignored. To be honest, I wouldn't even be that upset if it wasn't going to happen before season start, I just want them to inform me of what is going on and when I might expect to be granted access.

Unsurprisingly, I'm talking about the 36ers. The league leaders in poor member communication. Have any other Season Ticket Holders from other clubs received their NBL.TV pass?

Reply #600527 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I don't believe so. Perth haven't, I think Sydney announced on Twitter that they were emailing them this afternoon.

Reply #600528 | Report this post

Excellent. I make the rash assumption that it'll be the same for all clubs. Nothing like a last minute mail-out!

Reply #600529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit stuffing around but signed up and paid last night, worked ok.

Reply #600547 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's a neat ploy, really. Anyone super keen for the archival stuff or wanting to make sure they're sorted for game one has to pay the five bucks, but they still get the uptake provided by the free passes for members.

No new content in the past few days, which is a little disappointing. The fact that neither game quality nor video quality seems to have factored into their decision-making thus far also makes it impossible to guess whether or not certain games will make an appearance in the future, which is frustrating.

Reply #600550 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

...The 1979 Hawks vs Bullets game has a random TV show recorded over part of the tape.

Reply #600574 | Report this post

Just  
Years ago

When I go to the Wildcats vs Bullets game, I get "Content Unavailable." "Sorry you aren't entitled to view this video." I thought you get all games for one club (in my case the Wildcats) for free? Or is it just not working because it's still a while before the game starts?

Reply #600578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You came too early.

Reply #600579 | Report this post

Just  
Years ago

Yeah, I get that a lot.

Seems like a strange error message though, because it tries to get me to sign up for a subscription (implying that I don't have access rather than I'm just too early).

Reply #600584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is NBL TV in HD?

Reply #600606 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I just received my access code from the Wildcats

Reply #600644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Authentication error.

Reply #600650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

100% useless. Can't get it to work on Smart TV, Phone or PC. Live scores etc work, but nothing live.

Reply #600654 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

NBL TV is working pretty well for me. I've got a poor connection so the game fluctuates between crystal clear and slightly blurry and other than a few seconds of buffering halfway through the 2nd quarter it's very good.

Reply #600661 | Report this post

NBL #1 Fan  
Years ago

Keeps looping for me. Can't load. Where is the facebook page?

Reply #600662 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Definitely looks more like an NBA production in terms of type of camera, the angles, graphics. Just something about it looks like a game from the U.S. when you see it from full court angles.

Need to see more stats for a player right after scoring, rebounding, blocking, etc. if they can fit it in just above the score.

Just need to fix the test talking from the commentators and get better during breaks.

Reply #600666 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Must of saw my post.. lol

McKay on 18

Reply #600667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PLease bring back the ol nbltv is was crap but it worked

Reply #600683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do I get refund for my free NBL TV that is broke?

Reply #600713 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The 2001 Kings vs Crocs game and the 1993 grand final look great. That's the sort of quality I was expecting all - or at least most - games to be.

Reply #600720 | Report this post

At least some Season ticket holders got their pass codes! Still nothing from the 36ers.

I did get a response to my inquiry yesterday afternoon though. "We have received information from the NBL this morning and we are currently in the process of putting together the details including the code and will be emailing all our members as soon as possible."
They also admitted the flow of communication on their behalf was not up to scratch, but of course they still didn't tweet or email out the status to their members in response. Just telling me was clearly enough.

I guess they're still suffering from a severe lack of administrative staff down at HQ if they can't organise a mail merge over the course of a day.

Reply #600763 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Jut received my pass from the 36ers and logged in successfully.

Currently watching the ABC replay of the game against Melbourne using Edge as browser and casting to my TV over Ethernet. The picture is brilliant!! Excellent definition.

Can't watch tonight's Hawks game live so looking forward to the replay tomorrow.

Reply #600765 | Report this post

Lucky you, RG. Still nothing for me!

Reply #600788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So where do you get support for NBLTV to solve the inability to get it to work?

Reply #600795 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

There's a live chat available in the app.

Reply #600830 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

When I asked Guy Neville on Twitter if they'd be using VHS sources, because AFAIK the original broadcast tapes no longer existed, he replied that he looked forward to me being pleasantly surprised.

The 1991 grand final is the same horrible blurry mess that's been floating around between various collectors for years, although thankfully they've used the version from the Six Championships DVD that combines it with better-quality footage for large parts of the game.

The 2008 grand final is still stretched vertically so the scoreboard gets cut off by the bottom of the screen. How does that even happen?

Reply #605302 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Add game two of the 2014 grand final to the list of squashed-and-pillarboxed games.

That and the 2013 grand final also have the One HD logo in the corner, so they're clearly just someone's home recordings.

Reply #605309 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Added a couple more Dragons games

Reply #605419 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:58 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754