the bagwan
Years ago

hosting a national junior championship

pro/cons of embarking on this, would like to hear from someone that has been involved as I have not.

I imagine the u14 club would require more accommodation (families, something, more teams, new etc) whereas u20s need less.

What are the benchmarks set at to hold these ?

Topic #40005 | Report this topic

the bagwan  
Years ago

sorry should be families, something new, more teams, etc

Reply #600419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you belong to an association then contact some of the associations that have recently hosted them or contact BA or your state basketball body for information.

Recent events have been held at Perry Lakes, Belconnen (Basketball ACT), Geelong, Ulverstone, Brisbane, Dandenong, Ballarat, Geelong, Kilsyth/Knox, Ipswich, Sturt, Tamworth, etc

I believe the younger the age group the more spectators will attend. The interest and enthusiasm from families and friends is less for the U18's & U20's.

I'm not so sure many, if any, of the associations make any money from hosting these events.

Reply #600456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 14s and 16s are certainly money makers. The U20s are unlikely.

The 18s could go either way depending on the distance from major centres.

Reply #600486 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754