NBL TV Production
Some thoughts on the NBL producing their own broadcasts...
- The NBL obviously have a vested interest in NBL.TV succeeding, hence the advertising currently in the market. Will this come at the expense of promoting the coverage on Foxtel?
- Will Foxtel continue to promote the NBL coverage if they are not producing it?
- What's in it for Foxtel in this arrangement, other than having more sports content to show? Is it is as simple as the NBL saying 'we will pay for production, commentators and give you the games to show so we have some TV coverage’?
- It will be interesting if Foxtel still supply their AFL and NRL commentators and crews like last season or if the NBL have sourced their own on screen and production teams. I guess we'll find out tonight! Hopefully Carfino is a special comments guy on no more than 1 game a week.
- I appreciate the NBL aren’t in a position to be signing massive TV rights deals, hence they have to pay for their own production, but it is an interesting approach. Well done to Larry and co for chipping in the money to fund it I guess.