Mock
Years ago

Sydney Kings v Brisbane Bullets Saturday October 8

Big game this one. I predict Bullets by 8 as my MAIN MAN Beal goes to work on the weak-minded and poorly assembled Sydney team.

Gibson and Bruce will be too calm and controlled for the goober Cadee.

Look for Kickert to be a thorne in the side of Sydney as he runs around reigning 3's. Who has the capacity to guard him in both the post and the 3 point line? Nobody from Sydney.

Sydney lack a third import - what are you doing Childress? playing for the texas legends? Please. The NBL needs you for this team to be competitive.

I will be there in the platinum seats, a DEPRIVED PERTH FAN IN SYDNEY letting the Kings know what I think of their chances this year (pretty slim).

Topic #40021 | Report this topic

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

As a Bullets fan, I was more confident last night that I am about the Kings game.
There seems to be a lot of hype around town, and that's exactly what the Bullets used to get over Perth.

A 2-0 first weekend would be an absolute treat, but I can't see it happening.

Reply #600824 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Going into this game with about an hour and a half's sleep, but excited all the same. Brisbane looked pretty good to me their first game, this will be a tough game... I'm hoping we manage to kick things off with a close win.

Reply #601023 | Report this post

Me bEn  
Years ago

Four minutes in and Barfs already harping about fouls against his precious Kings. So painful, wish Fox hadn't taken him back.

Bullets could take a page from the Kings and tone it down on the music too.

Reply #601065 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Anyone else see the NBL had "Shaun Vukona" on screen haha

Reply #601066 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

5 seconds left in the quarter, Cadee with the ball ... ok let's go to a replay now :/

Reply #601067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh here's the fred

Not sure if Craig Moeller or Jay from Frenzal Rhomb

Reply #601068 | Report this post

B  
Years ago

decide to cut to a replay when there is 5sec left in the quarter lol

Reply #601069 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Sydney have no offense, no one can score in bunches or shoot

Reply #601071 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Lisch has brought his brick Rio form into the NBL season

Reply #601072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch is not Lit

Reply #601073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me or does Beal look like Piston's era Josh Smith

Reply #601074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane BullCats

Kings cooked

Reply #601075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendrick Lemanis

Reply #601080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Hill

Reply #601082 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Turned out to be a close one. Still not quite sure how.
Docker man actually got minutes and wasn't too bad.

Reply #601083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets 2-0: Lemanis showing he's the best coach in Australia?

Reply #601086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watching live I'm not certain on either imports, certainly their defence, Maric is laughing all the way to the bank, Hill was good, docker man got them back in with defending and box outs, boards and went off for the blood rule some how never got back on, Newley was reasonable, garlepp can't play in a shuffle system or defend anyone athletic, Lisch got get the ball in his hands more, Cadee if ain't making shots struggles and Bryson I don't see it.

Kings could turn it around but got make some tough decisions.

Reply #601107 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

I have heard Bryson is a very pleasant guy but geez he needs to have more impact than that. A couple of missed lay-ups an dunks hurt. He needs to finish a lot better to keep his spot.

The team looked disorganised and unbalanced. Brisbane's stars mostly had quiet nights but still they led nearly all game and would have been very unlucky if Sydney stole it.

Hill and Moller were the bright spots. Hill had maybe his best game in the NBL.

Reply #601116 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

When Bullets get Bairstow back, I think they will be a playoffs team. His dope post play and efficiency from mid-range is going to really have them rocking and rolling

Reply #601151 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

TBH, I thought the Kings offense looked fine, but Lisch and Cadee were strangely passive in that first half in particular. Both of them were getting open looks on the shuffle sets - enough to get off the 3 - but weren't taking the shots. IMO, in the normal flow of the game, those two guys should shoot every open 3 they get.

Moller is nearly good enough on the glass to make up for his lack of polish on the offensive end of the court, and Hill had a game probably 10x better than anything we saw last season, but Newley was the guy who looked the goods to me - a bad pass or two and missed layup aside, which seemed to be contagious.

Reply #601152 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Jick & AngusH, yeah Hill & Moller were positive sparks, and the imports were quiet : (
I liked seeing Hill focus on playing big (instead of settling for Js) & Moller can play on O (check out some of his Waratah & SEABL games!)

Rebounds were the dif tonight, Kings needed more of them.

Reply #601169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus H

Moller is very good offensively but I'd hazard a guess that he was just getting the ball to the shooters and playing D. He looks a prospect though, his defence on Beal and Craig at times on the switch was outstanding and on their bigs was good as well.

Reply #601174 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Moller did well. He did all the little things. Brad Newley was good, but the rest of the Kings were, "ehhh"

Reply #601175 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Last season Hill was a pretty much a guaranteed travel on any post up attempt, but tonight he was damn near "crafty". With Moller I'm not sure if it's ability or reputation, but he got ignored in their sets few times, at least two of them being fairly easy attempts down low (IIRC both were while Tommy G. had the ball in his hands - I think Tommy has felt he needs to score every time he touches the ball now he's coming in off the bench).

Reply #601176 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Come on Air Delay, Waratah stats are nothing to go by, it's some much a different league it's nearly a different game... Agree that Mollers hustle was very good and was the only one rebounding really when Whittington was spending too much time on the bench, and for a DP, especially in his case, he performed well...

The problem is though, that he SHOULDN'T have had to be out there at all, let alone for that many minutes... Maric played under 10mins due to some pretty silly fouls and one or two maybe dodgy calls, but both teams were getting those... The officiating tonight was so much tighter than any other game we've seen so far, and really, I can't blame players for getting frustrated when the next game either play won't be called like that...

I'm really surprised that we got that close by the end... Sure, we were missing three full roster players, but two of those are managements fault. Sure, we've got Josh Powell coming in, hopefully for the next game, but why the frack has it taken THIS long to get him here? Torrey Craig got 17 FRICKING REBOUNDS tonight... I don't get it...

It took Lisch until halfway through the 2nd quarter to get his first points, and I can't remember him taking more than maybe two shots before that... He's our marquee player and the reigning MVP... Why so long?

It looked like the team was a rudderless mess with no organisation and just a shambles... Is this in part because of the shuffle offence and no real ball handler? Our shooters weren't getting the ball and we weren't making the most of any miss-matches...

As for our imports... I can confirm that Mike and Greg are super nice and lovely guys, met both at the ABC and they're top blokes... Greg needs to adapt to NBL officiating, but he's definitely got more to offer, he just needs to stay on the court... he was robbed once or twice though, with the ref making calls while being obstructed, but that's gonna happen...

Mike though, and it kills me to say, I don't think can deliver... He was brought in to be a shooter and he just can't make a shot... He gets beat by the player he's guarding quite a bit which causes problems and other open players when he needs help... Passed on a wide open Moller late in the game and just shanked up a crap shot himself... Not even a one pass set...

Can someone fill me in on what happened with Tommy? I missed most of the 3rd quarter due to crap food service, but did he see any game time at least in the 3rd as I don't think I saw him in the 4th at all? I thought he may have fouled out when I wasn't looking, but no...

They're just lucky that Brisbane looked a bit ordinary/unconvincing too otherwise it could have been real messy...

Reply #601185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is if the dp is doing better than the main players and understands the system he should be playing, some of the main guys were poor. What to with Bryson, and Whittington shows reasonable signs but he doesn't get in front his man in D and reaches, collecting cheap fouls. Tommy looks like the game has caught up with his athletic ability.

Reply #601206 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tommy looked terrible on both sides of the court last night. He was getting eaten alive on D by Kickert in the post, gave up about 6 points by over helping off his man, and gave nothing on the glass... It was a typical Tommy game, minus the offensive spark he usually provides.

Reply #601209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JVG and Gaze will be very nervous already.

Reply #601214 | Report this post

Roger  
Years ago

Positives:
Great Venue
1st Baby Race at a basketball game
The New Harlequin
The Lion is back

Negatives:
The Shuffle
The Imports combine for 11pts
The Lost!!

Reply #601242 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

The baby race was a positive?!? Ack... I think one of the biggest positives (literally) was the giant screen setup... boy was that impressive!

Probably the biggest negative was Mike Goldman... I've complained about him everywhere I think, but jesus he was an awful MC... Great enthusiasm, but completely useless in a basketball situation...

Reply #601365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So wtf are the kings sitting at the wrong end of the bench for?

Reply #601485 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:02 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754