KBRulzRulz
Years ago

NBL TV good quality but jerky

I feel like there is a frame rate issue with the stream.

My image quality is really good. But the smoothness of the stream is really jerky and jittery.

Anyone know how to fix this or having the same issues?

Topic #40022 | Report this topic

RJC  
Years ago

Whilst watching the live stream on my iphone yesterday I noticed the frame rate wasn't great. So you're likely experiencing the same thing.

When I got home, I watched some on my computer and it worked fine. I recorded some of the highest quality stream and it runs at 1080. Which, if that is what my phone was streaming, it's no surprise it struggled a bit with the live stream. Really, 720 should be the highest res for a live stream to mobile. Hopefully future app updates will give the user a bit of manual control over the quality of the stream.

Reply #600858 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't appreciate their false advertising about being able to watch NBL TV on your TV. Every time I plugged in the VGA cable to connect my PC to my TV the stream stops and goes to a screen telling me to download the app.

Every other stream on the internet including Netflix works but of course NBL TV make it so their stream doesn't. I've already paid for the first month so before the next month comes around I'll be ditching NBL TV and just going back to watching unofficial streams over the net from other sources.

Just so typical of the NBL rank un-professionalism.

Reply #600860 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Another thing the useless clowns doing the live chat on NBL TV's page told me to get Apple TV or Chromecast. Nice. Every other stream on the net you can connect to your TV via VGA cable except NBL TV and their answer is go buy some other product not sorry we'll fix out shitty set up.

Unbelievable.

Reply #600861 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Zodiac, the nbl.tv stream works on my TV via an hdmi cable from the computer. Why would a VGA connection be any different? How could it identify the kind of cable connection to the TV?

Reply #600867 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Below a certain resolution, it assumes you're on a phone and sends you the mobile site.

Reply #600869 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No idea mate. Not that it matters but my laptop is old and doesn't have an HDMI outlet so I've always used a VGA cable for internet streams to watch on my TV. I've tried three times to watch NBL TV on my TV and all three times as soon as I plug the VGA cable into my laptop the stream immediately stops and goes to a screen called 'Download the app' which a pic of terrance ferguson dunking.

It's some sort of issue with their set up as every other basketball game stream on the net works fine via VGA cable as did the ABC pre-season tournament, as does Netflix, Stan, Presto, NBA games etc

Reply #600875 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

"Below a certain resolution, it assumes you're on a phone and sends you the mobile site."

Are you serious?

Reply #600878 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's not the league's fault you're watching on 1995 technology.

Reply #600883 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What bit about any other stream I've ever tried on the internet works fine except for NBL TV did you not understand?

Reply #600885 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's not about the stream, it's about the website.

Reply #600887 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't know what that's supposed to mean I'm sitting here watching the stream fine on my laptop.

Reply #600889 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

How do you maximise on a PC/laptop? It keeps disappearing too fast and is hindered by the help chat dialog box option.

Reply #600899 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Disappearing too fast?

Reply #600901 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Yeah. You hover the mouse to the maximise option, yet it disappears before you click on it, probably because the chat dialog box takes precedence on the website.

Reply #600926 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Sounds like your question has been comprehensively answered Zodiac

Reply #600931 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Any mouse movement inside the video should pop the controls back onto the screen. Haven't used it since they added the chat option though.

Reply #600937 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

ME, where?

FWIW, I never had any issue being able to maximise the screen.

Reply #600947 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Watched the stream on my xbox after not being able to get it working on my tablet. Feed was watchable so was pretty happy with it.

Reply #600974 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I was watching it on free airport wifi in Tokyo. No complaints.

Reply #601008 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

well its free, what do you expect? Picture perfect quality?

Reply #601077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, does Fox not have any production involvement in the league whatsoever? I can only assume that the NBL is doing the entire production to the point where the commentators aren't even mentioning Fox in the broadcast, and not a single Fox logo to be seen anywhere.

So Fox just take the content and show it and thats about it? NBL doing all the work themselves. Been good so far. Very happy with the professionalism of the product overall, but kind of wish that a broadcaster would want to be a bit more involved.

Still, happy days being able to watch the league for a measly $5 a month. So, not complaining there. Must be costing the NBL an absolute fortune though.

Reply #601087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not free. It 's free for Telstra mobile subscribers only.

Reply #601092 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats v Cairns buffering every 10 seconds. What a joke. Piece of crap.

Come on NBL!!!!!

Reply #601100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For me the quality oscillates from good to terrible and back again

Reply #601102 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Anyone can maximise the video on laptops / PC?

Yes the option comes up when you hover over the screen but it disappears when you try to get anywhere near the maximise option!!!

Reply #601104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got my 32 inch Sony Bravia TV plugged into the second video port (NVIDIA Card) of my PC via a HDMI cable and set up as a second monitor (Windows 10)

Clicked on the "full screen" icon and I am now watching the Cairns/Perth game full screen, quality is very good.

Reply #601106 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

The post game interviews are TOO quiet for the video. Can't hardly hear what anything is said.

Reply #601172 | Report this post

Moz  
Years ago

Thanks for the resolution. I was wondering why it wasn't working on Chrome for me - I have Chrome on my 2nd monitor which is a bit smaller, so I've had to rearrange things to watch. Not ideal but at least now I have a resolution. It's a very strange thing to do and not even provide a link to the desktop site. But at least it's better than past years. This will probably be the first year in a while that I watch NBL.

Reply #601345 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

When I was able to watch live, I thought it was pretty good... no significant lack of quality other than a couple of buffering issues, but that could have been my sporadically dodgy internet...

My huge problem is the lack of game replays on the night of, so the fact that there is only one replay from the entire round accessible on the website, is completely unacceptable...

@Wwizard - it's only free to season ticket holders and Telstra customers and that's neither here nor there... The amount of money that the NBL would be shelling out for this and it's a bollocking mess, they should be just as or even more pissed with the result than anyone...

I doubt the NBL would be in charge of encoding and releasing games on the website, so they need to be lighting a fire under their vendors... Otherwise drop them and switch to YouTube... No idea why they didn't do this in the first place, if they were worried about not being able to charge for access, lots of podcasters now have a subscribers only section that you have to pay for, so persisting with what can only be one of the hiugher ups business associates, is just harming the brand...

Reply #601372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magically the NBL TV worked for me finally. I even emailed to NBL asking for assistance and got no reply.
The buffering was in and out and the video quality when it did work was perfect. Full screen on my all in one pc, hdmi'd to my 64" TV was fine too

Reply #601385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It buffers and also when it doesn't buffer due to lack of frame rate it ss "jerky" not sure of a better word to use.

Reply #601426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754