SC
Years ago

36ers season tickets

So with 3 days to goin til the first game, I don't have my season ticket.

Am I alone here or have they not been sent out?

I read they were available to collect at one stage but assumed that if not collected, they would be mailed out.

Topic #40046 | Report this topic

Cal13  
Years ago

Apparently there was an additional charge to have your tickets posted which was not mentioned when they were purchased. So you will need to pick them up. Once again great fan support from the sixers management.

Reply #601544 | Report this post

SC  
Years ago

You're kidding right? It costs a whopping $1 to pop it in the post.

Guess I'll be joining the queue of 1000s collecting on Friday night from the single staff member at the gate. Hopefully I'll get in in time to catch the second half.

Terrible customer service but don't really expect anything else these days.

Reply #601546 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

What a disgrace. Season ticket holders for 20 years and have to go in and pick up tickets. What was wrong with sending the tickets out like every other year? Stick the great member pack - not worth the drive in to get it.

Reply #601547 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Poor old Sixers get hammered every season on this

Reply #601550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get your acts together 6ers management

Reply #601551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your all kidding right? it was clearly advertised through Facebook and email how to collect your pack. if delivery was required, you could also organise that.

can't go blaming management because your too lazy to be organised and/ or follow simple directives. its the week of the first game and now you decide to do something.. i.e whinge on a forum?!!?!?!

I'm very happy with the support the new owners have offered our club, especially considering we'd be operating on a shoe string budget. i think our social media platform needs to be better improved and a new away uniform sorted stat, other than that all is good!

Reply #601552 | Report this post

SC  
Years ago

Rubbish. It's not like the club is just around the corner and convenient to drop in for everybody.

For gods sake if cost is an issue, just charge $5 extra in the original ticket price and just send it out like every other sporting organisation on the planet.

Reply #601554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

never said it was convenient for all, if its not organise and PAY to have it delivered, simple. don't charge others who are able to collect it.

Reply #601556 | Report this post

Cal13  
Years ago

The issue is not the cost of delivery its the fact that when i purchased my tickets by phone I was not advised that tickets would not be sent out like they had been for the previous six years I had bought tickets. If i had been I would have happily paid it. Now 3 days from the first game after not recieving my tickets I have to take time off work to collect them as it is now to late to organize delivery.

Reply #601558 | Report this post

Cal13  
Years ago

The issue is not the cost of delivery its the fact that when i purchased my tickets by phone I was not advised that tickets would not be sent out like they had been for the previous six years I had bought tickets. If i had been I would have happily paid it. Now 3 days from the first game after not recieving my tickets I have to take time off work to collect them as it is now to late to organize delivery.

Reply #601559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok, I do understand that having recieved them for the past 6 years via mail you may have expected that and perhaps they could've mentioned this when purchasing.

However, it was def well advertised how to collect them and I wouldn't rely on how things were previously done in this ever evolving world which has turned away from the post at large. Leaving it till the 3 days prior to first home game and then having a sook on social media is ridic.

Reply #601561 | Report this post

Cal13  
Years ago

No one is having a sook, only stating the facts

Reply #601562 | Report this post

The Realest  
Years ago

It's a bloody hard gig to run a professional sports team, even more so in a second string sport for spectator numbers in a market like Adelaide, however I agree that changes haven't been communicated clearly enough.

I just looked at the schedule the other day and realised many Saturday games start at 5pm now, how many were away of that prior to renewing tickets?

Reply #601571 | Report this post

bulldog  
Years ago

Also found it amusing that a pack for members does not include a list of home games. Here are your tickets. Figure out for yourself when to turn up.

Reply #601586 | Report this post

fatguy  
Years ago

not saying running a pro sports team is not hard, because it is
BUT over the last 6 months what have the 6ers really been doing?
Joey and maybe 2 others can scout/recruit players

resign the lease for the Arena? pay to join the league again? hire some dancers?

Not hard to give someone the job to either A) notify people that YOU need to pay for delivery of tickets or B) organise a new system where they dont continually stuff up memberships

Feels like they are lazy in their approach and are happy to keep basketball as a second tier sport

Reply #601588 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

The membership application form "clearly" explained that you would need to pay $20 to have your tickets and member pack (cheap Tee shirt, lapel badge and flag) posted to you. It was fully explained in three words tucked away down the bottom right-hand corner of page 2, in the Miscellaneous section, just under Dog and Cat membership fees. It was fully described as "Postage (Domestic only)".

I would like there to be an option to forget the member pack and just have the tickets posted out for a $5 fee.

The Oct 5th News Letter (with the grammatical errors and typos) says that you can collect your tickets from the Stadium during business hours or tonight 'til 8.30pm via the corporate entrance (eastern end).

You can also collect them on Friday from 5pm at the main entrance of the stadium.

Reply #601589 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

yes, you can collect, and if you ask they will printout an a4 sheet giving you the game times, as the fridge magnet game schedule has not arrived "because of the NBL" ??

you may be asked to drive in to collect the magnet at a day and time convenient to you during normal business hours, when they arrive in February ;)

Reply #601595 | Report this post

It was a bit irksome to have to collect Members packs but i found it very clearly communicated that we'd have to do that and I understand the reasoning behind it. They tried to turn it into a "members day" type situation where you pick up your member's pack and have a shoot around on the court and meet the players etc. Trying to boost fan engagement beyond game night is only going to be of benefit to the club.

I'm the first to admit the club, historically, sucks at communicating with members. I even took them to task about the NBL.TV codes the other day, but in this instance i found it very clear how to get my tickets. Maybe i just read the right emails and social media posts. I don't know.

Reply #601619 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

The club should not rely on everyone using Facebook or any other social medium.

Reply #601623 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:48 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754