Anonymous
Years ago

Is Goulding the cause of United’s offensive woes?

In the opening two games, Goulding shot just 6-of-28 from the field, and a horrible 3-of-19 from beyond the three-point line.

Told ya this guy is crap, can't defend, always take low percentage shots, make bad decisions when he is on the court.

The worse thing is he is a boomer!
Would rather have kids like Adel, McDowell white, bolden playing for the boomers instead.

http://pickandroll.com.au/chris-goulding-melbourne-uniteds-offensive-woes/

Topic #40072 | Report this topic

_Strungout_  
Years ago

Is anon #40072 the cause of hoops.com.au shitpost woes?

Reply #601844 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

Anon....do you know what a sample size is?

This would be like everybody assuming that everything you write on here is garbage just because of this one post......

Reply #601874 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He's crap?

Runner up for league MVP last season.

An Olympian and current Boomer.

Played NBA Summer League for Dallas last year

Has played in Spain & Italy

Reply #601880 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

His biggest problem to me is too often he doesn't have anything else to get him going when he isn't knocking down his threes. He has the ability to drive and get himself going, but it doesn't seem to happen in that thing Melbourne does in the halfcourt that I think is supposed to be an offense.

Reply #601886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac. Just show you that the standard of the nbl is
pretty low when a selfish chucker like Goulding ( who can't defend) was runner up for the MVP.

Seriously, i don't think he should play for the boomers. There are more deserving players like
Adel , mcdowell white and bolden, who play better defense, have better basketball IQ, athleticism, and are better team players.

Reply #601890 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

He ain't crap.

He is a SHOOTER, he needs to SHOOT his way out of his current slump. Popovitch said to Danny Green F it, let 'em fly. This is what Goulding NEEDS to do.

Reply #601901 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

As I've said on here before, yes, Goulding has poor shot selection and regularly has horrible shooting nights.

But the same was true of Copeland and Heal. And Kobe in the NBA.

The challenge is sharing the ball and working out how everything will work together when guys like Moore, Andersen and Jackson also love having the ball in their hands. I suspect they'll work it out eventually, they're veterans. But DD does need to add more movement and variation to the offense.

Reply #601902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the question being, is he the cause? He is certainly a very solid contributor in my opinion.

A volume shooter who occasionally gets lucky and has a good game. Very poor defensively, and cannot facilitate to save himself. Basically a baller of no substance.

If he had any game at all of substance, the Boomers would have medaled, once again in my opinion. He and Cambage would make a great mixed doubles combination.

Reply #601920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a chucker in the mold of Trey Burke, who put
personal stat before team performance. Play terrible defense, make terrible bad shot selections and is not a team player.

Reply #601923 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze was the worst basketball player in the history of Australia.
Except in those games when he shot well.
(Which just so happened to be almost all of them.)

Not comparing the two, but Goulding IS a shooter. When he's on fire he can single-handedly turn a game. Saying "he doesn't do X" is a bit like complaining that Rotnei don't dunk.

My only beef with Goulding is that he flops like Ikizukuri.

So maybe he's in a shooting slump at the moment.
So ok, yes, if you reason that he is relied upon to produce X% of MU's score, then clearly he aint doing that at the moment. Hopefully he'll fight his way out of the slump.

Reply #601924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a liability for both the boomers and united,
just like Trey Burke was a liability for the Utah Jazz. He has lost more matches than he has won for his teams with his irresponsible shooting, terrible defense and bad on court decisions.

Reply #601925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trey Burke comparison? This is silly. Maybe someone didn't get an autograph from bubbles and this is the retaliation? Surely not a real meaning behind this. Can play shooters shoot and when he shoots well it's over.

Reply #601929 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've long noticed these (presumably) kids idolising upcoming players well before they've ever competed at the same level. Seems a bit premature.

Reply #601935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Completely judging his entire career on the first two games is ridiculous however he played extremely poorly against the Sixers and was a major reason they lost.

Reply #601979 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

The anonymous poster driving this thread, desperately trying to get someone to agree with his uneducated opinion is a liability to the internet.

Reply #601981 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I'll way in with my 2 cents. Goulding is the type of volume shooter who can win a few games when his team had little chance of winning but his playing style also lends itself to good team losing games that they had next to no chance of losing. When you are surrounded by the type of talent United have either you need to drop the ego and adapt or the coach* needs to adapt your arse to the bench if you refuse to do so.

*term coach loosely adapted to describe a person who spends most of his pre match time on personal grooming and does nothing during a game but yell at the refs,scribble on a board and pump out multiple aaaarhhhaaiiiights

Reply #601986 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

weigh...

Reply #601987 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Perhaps he thinks he's gonna shoot fifty agen.
So I'll keep chucking 'em up.....

Reply #601998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding is not the problem for United. Tomlinson is. He has the worst attitude for a player of his skill level.

Reply #602000 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Not a fan of Goulding at all, I think he's a clown. But anyone who's putting young Mr Bolden ahead of him at the moment is a larger clown

Reply #602004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding is a compulsive chucker. That is all he does.
When his shooting is off, He has nothing to fall back to. Apart from his (often woeful) shooting he does not contribute anything else for his team. He does not play defense, and does not look for his team mates for easier shots.

Reply #602006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

duke fan.

Bolden can at least play defense and is a good rebounder. He also has supreme athleticism and is a team man.

Reply #602007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what has Tomlinsons attitude got to do with anything?

Reply #602032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding is 1 from 5 against Adelaide at half time.
Rubbish shooter.

Reply #602041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, didn't do a lot and still beat the Suxers

Reply #602086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travelled like the Leyland brothers, changed pivot foot all night, uncontrolled. So many hands and intimidation early on, illegal screens and ridiculous ref calls in the first quarter. Felt for Anderson who was the only United player that got screwed on the calls. Don't know who he has pissed off.. Jackson and Randle going at it like school kids was annoying to say the least..

Reply #602114 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Wow.

This thread stinks.

CG43 will shoot his way out of this slump.

Reply #602115 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754