Mock
Years ago

Vucevic to Sac. Gay to Orlando. Who says no???

Orlando have spent enough time trying with Vucevic. Bring in Gay, promote Biyombo. They are trying to win NOW with Ibaka coming in for Oladipo. Patience is gone.

Kings get an interesting piece in exchange for a player with ONE SIZE 15 FOOT out the door. Gay won't stay he could be gone for nothing if they aren't smart.

Kings also get Dawson.

Topic #40074 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

My opinion on Rudy Gay is maybe lower than most, but I'd give this trade a big *yawn*. Doesn't make either team better while sending Gordon back to the bench and also gives the Kings yet another 5 man, which is not exactly a need for them.

Reply #601948 | Report this post

fatguy  
Years ago

what do you mean "tried with Vucevic"??

Vucevic is a top 10 C in the league

Rudy Gay is a declining player, who at his peak only made the play-offs once (which they got eliminated in 7 games in first rnd)

Vucevic can have another 5 double double years in the NBA

Rudy Gay is coming off his worst scoring season since his rookie year a decade ago!

and on top of that Kings have like 4 Cs already. Why trade for another big?? especially in a league that has become more 3 pt orientated

Reply #601950 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Vucevic puts up some numbers, but he gives up a lot, too. Protecting the rim and defending the PnR are probably the two biggest things you want from bigs in today's game, and they happen to be his biggest weaknesses.

Reply #601952 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Vucevic has his flaws, but with Ibaka and Bismack this season he'll have some help covering those weaknesses.

Also, Gay is garbage. I had to watch him with my Raptors and was stoked when he left. At this stage of his career he's really only good as a bench scorer.

Reply #601957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, the Kings definitely need another 5 on their roster with Cousins, WCS, Pappagiannis, Labissierre already

Also Vuc is worth more than 30 year old Gay. He's one of the best post players in the league

Reply #601969 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Stupid trade wont happen

Reply #601976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bud is a beast when heathy he can own a game. Gay is a nice second or third option.

Reply #601985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kings def say no. cousins, cauley-stein, papagiannis, koufos and labissiere all on the roster already. you could argue the kings need to go the other way and move one of them as theres nowhere near enough minutes available

Reply #602535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754