Creek injury replacement?

With the news of Creek being out for up to 2 months, I'm sure the club will be looking to bring in a replacement.

I personally would like Creek's minutes to be covered by Ferguson, Teys Sobey and Drmic and get another big. I think we need an experienced post defender as Jacobsen and Hodgson just do not have the experience in my eyes. Losing Petrie was a huge loss for us and I feel we have not really replaced him well.

My pics of who I would like is either Cam Tragardh or BJ Anthony, thoughts?

Topic #40086 | Report this topic

Manu Feildel  
Years ago

How far away is Matt Knight? Waxy would be good

Reply #602284 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Trigger would probably be best available, but he'd just compound our defensive issues.

Reply #602285 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Burston's available and a great post defender.

Reply #602287 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

DJ & Trigger on the same team? Yeah nah. Chances are with the finances I could only see a development player type being called up but once Walker's 7-8 game stint with Perth ends he would probably be the most logical decision.

Reply #602299 | Report this post

Truth Teller  
Years ago

Deng is really a natural 3 playing out of position at the 4 and 5 spots, so I would rather save the money and allocate minutes to him, Ferguson and Drmic.

Reply #602303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way the 36ers bring anyone in. Why would they? they claim to have zero funds, and this team is making up the numbers with some gutsy 'almost' type performances for the rest of this season. The crowd was phenomenal the other night even when they got down 24 points, so as long as they keep coming out, the business types wont be too keen to put money into a dead horse. Trigger, Walker and Burston and Joey's guy BJ Anthony wont be making this team any good. Its a new generation of 36er management.

Reply #602309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the same ol 6ers management. Mis managing.

Reply #602310 | Report this post

I bet Joey's definitely wishing Waxy was still unemployed at this point. Anyone else is unlikely to do us any favours until they learn the system unless they're a flat out playmaker and there ain't no money for that!

Reply #602311 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

why not Joshua chapman the BEST player in Sydney. Why is he not in the NBL? when other complete CLOWNS are.

Reply #602312 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Walker &/or Tregardh? Really?

I'd suggest we 'go with what we've got' but really put the acid on Johnson to step up. And if he doesn't it should be bye, bye DJ as soon as possible.

I see Creek's loss as a major opportunity and as 'make or break' time for Johnson. The guy is the senior local player and so needs to step up and take a major leadership role. If not he's bench material and cut at the end of the season [probably can't do it mid season, sadly] in my opinion.

I hope he comes through - grows up and accepts the responsibility he must assume if the team is to be competitive, but I'm not holding my breath.

The guy presents as physically and mentally weak and on his inside shots seems more interested in dropping the ball and throwing his hands in the air with the aim of drawing a foul [which seldom happens] than completing the shot.

Not sure if the problem is with his hands or his head - perhaps both - but quite apart from his propensity for simply dropping the ball, there are some noticeable technique issues with his close-in shooting. The mental stuff, which is possibly the real issue - is obviously much harder to deal with.

Creek's enforced absence leaves a big leadership gap that needs to be filled. There is also a scoring need but the leadership is more important, in my opinion. This presents a significant opportunity for Johnson to step up and lead as well as perform, if he's up to it.

Reply #602315 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I might be eating my words in 2.5 hours, but these 36ers aren't going to win many games minus Creek.

If Knight comes back in the next week or two, it'd be stupid not to bring Walker in. He's match fit, knows the system, similar type of player to Creek, and brings much needed toughness and some morale to the group.

Reply #602316 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

(And wouldn't cost them a mint either)

Reply #602317 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

And another advantage of Walker- he trained pre season with Melb, played pre season with Brisbane and is in Perth right now- might have some insights for Joey based on very recent intel from 3 different opponents.

Reply #602318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 months, geez Adelaide could not afford that

Creek was so excited about the new season too, what a bummer.

Reply #602320 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Pop,

I agree with what you say about DJ and I too have kind of given up on him now but he's under contract for next season too, but come 2018 I really do hope the Sixers move on from him.

Reply #602323 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

chapman is the answer

Reply #602326 | Report this post

overloaded  
Years ago

They are looking at Brian Conklin is what I am hearing from my 36ers insider

Reply #602368 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Conklin is an American though?

Reply #602394 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think that was the joke, Conklin knocked out Creek last season remember.

Reply #602397 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Eating my words.

The team just has character. And a distinctive game style. Punching above their weight. Reminiscint of Bulldogs in AFL this year and to a lesser degree St Kilda.

Reply #602458 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That didn't take long hey LV

Reply #602462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mathiang Muo had a pretty good SEABL season and never got a fair go at Perth I would like to see him given a chance

Reply #602471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't get someone external, based on today I want to see more of Sobey and Ferguson. Sixers are a young team so why not give the young guys more opportunity to develop. I'm not a big advocate of Joey's coaching but you have to give him credit he seems to unearth and develop young guys pretty well.

Reply #602494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mathiang.....no thanks

Reply #602512 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Hoggy is the ideal replacement

Reply #602522 | Report this post

ash  
Years ago

What is Ben Madgen doing? Too short??

Reply #602526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the idea of Conk Them. He can take on the Beefcakers of the opposition and do as much damage as they are doing to our waifs.. No really just kidding.. But someone has to take on Jawai and the leagues big screeners. Hard midcourt screens are far more common this season and we need to match it.

Reply #602531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

julius hodge

Reply #602534 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Joey mumbles his words , but I don't think we gonna bring anybody in ...........

Reply #602649 | Report this post

Keen observer  
Years ago

+1 for Hoggy. What Adelaide need is an accurate 3 point shooter who plays no defence at all.

Reply #602650 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Six weeks , I heard Creek say....
Seems we'll go with what we got...

Reply #602651 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Grab Walker for the fun of it ? Be good to see him back.

Reply #602664 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Unusual not to bring anybody in.
Perhaps there's a lotta players insufficient minutes.
While only last week Sobey played terribly and the invective began to fly....

Reply #602694 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754