anonymous
Years ago

double dribble or NOT a double dribble?

Is this a Double Dribble or NOT a Double Dribble?

Please explain because I'd really like to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpHPow6_caw
Video is unlisted so please don't post anywhere else

Topic #40104 | Report this topic

Joe_m  
Years ago

Its a travel if anything.

Not a double dribble but a travel. Walks before bouncing.

Reply #602964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a double dribble. Guy fumbled it. Didn't even dribble it again so makes it less likely to be called.

Reply #602965 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah I'd say the fumble probably excuses it from being a double dribble. It does look like a travel as soon as he catches it. Whatever it is, it's all kinds of wrong.

Reply #602967 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The release of the ball and the pivot foot coming up happen within a split-second of each other even when it's slowed down to that speed. Can't really call that a travel; it'd be impossible to spot.

Reply #602968 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Although I'm not sure the dribble actually ends the first time; it appears to hit his knee rather than being held in both hands.

Reply #602969 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Is not a double dribble. You could say two fumbles and something in between a poor choice of dribble.

Not a travel, forcing the ball down the moment he catches it.

Could argue it was a double dribble if that is what the ref called, for n the end it is always their opinion that matters

Reply #603111 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Play on.

Reply #603143 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yup, play on guys...

Reply #603145 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:07 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754