Anonymous
Years ago

cats cheerleaders voodoo dance

why did they change the music this season? its not as good anymore imo without the original music.

Topic #40128 | Report this topic

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

It got old. That intimidation dance was good and effective for the first two or three times. I remember the first time they did it was against Townsville (in 2012/13), and it really worked - it got the crowd involved and because of how new it was, it definitely intimidated the Crocs during the timeout. After the second or third time though it lost its touch, and sometimes the girls did it at times when the game actually wasn't completely over (one time the Breakers had possession down only 3 or something). But hey, that's just my opinion. Perhaps others loved it the other 30-40 times they did it

Reply #603667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was definitely overused and used at wrong times, but I agree, the new song doesn't have the same effect.

Reply #603669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what was the name of the old song?

Reply #603670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well then they should only do it at selected times - but with the right music. Right now, they do it every game and with the wrong music.

Reply #603674 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Something had to change, 99% of the entertainment is the same as the last couple of years :P

Reply #603676 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrlhLaNClgw

Reply #603686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RIP Challenge Stadium. Da GOAT :(

Reply #603689 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

@ #603670:

Timbaland - Throw It On Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW07szuiZmo

Reply #603694 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

^good remembering

Reply #603696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the music in general and the volume could really do with a change. Was way to loud Friday night

Reply #603703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The old song isn't allowed to be played anymore because of the lyrics being offensive for a family-friendly area

Reply #603705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're joking. Well get a radio edit version then!

Reply #603713 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

Honestly, I've heard it over 100 times and I still can't make out what they're singing other than "Just throw it on me"...

Reply #603787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFo0ret-RIY There's even a clean version readily available too...

Reply #603817 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754