Anonymous
Years ago

Kings have the best chemistry?

Not only are the kings stacked but they look like they enjoy each others company a lot. Heaps of laughing etc. You need this when you are stacked and have big player's who won't necessarily play big minutes and score a lot.

I credit this attitude to gaze. He's always appeared easy going and a good guy to be around. As they say the team takes on the personality of their coach

Topic #40136 | Report this topic

Luke  
Years ago

Gotta agree with that, I know they are stacked but the best team on paper does not always win but if they keep up the chemistry the wins will start flowing though..

Reply #603895 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Kings have the most money, that's about it.

As for Gaze, surely you're not suggesting he actually coaches the team?
I guess if the players start coming out with clueless comments, you can probably credit that to him. Otherwise I would attribute anything positive to Vickerman.

Good luck to the Kings, hopefully their success will be sustainable and finally lead to a big NBL following in NSW.
But we don't need to make excuses for them. Anschutz has spent up big to get them some success.
Pretending otherwise would be like attributing the Cats success to Gleeson being a top bloke.

Reply #603910 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Dazz said a funny!

Gleeson is a flog.

Reply #603913 | Report this post

Crusty Juggler  
Years ago

they don't have the best chemistry... and certainly don't have a good fanbase. You know you're garbage when you can barely get 6,000 people average in a city of 4.8 million. Lucky the Purple and Yellow crew have a rich owner or the Kings franchise would be long dead.

Reply #603918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I don't know if does the technical stuff but he is their leader. All I'm saying is his personality appears to have rubbed off well

Reply #603919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6000 is not bad for a Monday night. Remember the kings have been a basket case for a long time it will take a long time to change opinions. The wildcats didn't go to 12000 straight away there were some hard yards getting momentum in challenge stadium first

Reply #603920 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

lol @ people who think Gaze isn't a real coach because they have a more experienced coach on board.

It's not like Gaze is taking the time outs and barking the instructions from the sidelines or anything, is it?

Reply #603933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daze hate away. The anonymous is absolute correct imo Gaze has so much love for the game seeing his passion ooze out of him in his timeouts is great. I actually envy his ability to do what he loves so much for a job! They may have the $ but they also have the chemistry and that can be the hardest thing to achieve with that many egos seems like a coach I'd want to perform for. And I'm a 36er fan so no bias here.

Reply #603941 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I wouldn't dismiss Copeland's influence either, he seems to have paid his dues at lower levels and Gaze saying that Vickerman is in control of defense and he and Copes the shuffle offence with a few modifications, well I certainly wouldn't give Vickerman all the credit and besides maybe Vickerman not being a head coach has taken some pressure off him a bit and Gaze's nature could have done Dean the world of good.

Sydney certainly look like they are having fun, it's hard to judge Cairns now as their shot just won't fall but I wouldn't put Perth in the same conversation as Kings right now... oops I think I just did

Reply #603944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't consider LC to be contributing anything at all. He was employed at the ACS and we know how that ended. Coach of partying absolutely.

Reply #603946 | Report this post

shouldhappen  
Years ago

I love how all the haters cannot give credit where it is due!!!
Gaze and the team have far exceeded every ones expectations,
but surprise surprise, the haters are still barking.

Go Drewy and GO the Kings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #603947 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Their chemistry does appear to be great, but they have a damn awful victory song haha

Reply #603948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it is hilarious that PERTH fans can have a go at another franchise about spending money and having a rich owner....

Pot kettle black ffs

Reply #603956 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Fair call there, anon.

Over here we look at the faith that Jack Bendat put in this club, the personal money he was willing to spend to make a real go of it, and we're very thankful that he did.
It's something to be applauded. Not sure why the same wouldn't apply to the Kings.

Reply #603958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For one the Kings are trying to get it right. About time. Go the KINGS@!

Reply #603964 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Good to see the Kings have some success. It's been a frustrating time for Kings fans since their return to the NBL. Hopefully the owners investing will do for the Kings what Bendats investments did for Perth.

Reply #603993 | Report this post

lawsy  
Years ago

I personally love watching this team.. Best kings team I've seen

Reply #604003 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Typical knobhead fan giving other Perth fans a bad name with the bitching... Luckily, and it pains me to say, there are more of the reasonable and likeable Wildcats fans around...

*shudders* that felt weird...

Ok, so while I don't know if they've got the BEST chemistry, and now is the time that we have to put up with the overreaction of a lot of Kings fans that have been long without something to cheer for, it's certainly right up there and the best chemistry that I've seen on the Kings for a very long time... The off court chemistry has been clear for a while now, but last night especially, the on court chemistry was blazing... Everyone was clicking, throwing that extra pass, making those tough passes that you know your teammate is going to be there to get, not everyone getting starters minutes but hustling for every minute they were out there...

Seeing our greatest male basketballer ever on the sidelines with so much passion has got to have given them a huge boost, and from all accounts from interviews from players so far, Gaze has brought a lot in training and off the court as well... So despite Dazz's blah blah, he couldn't be more wrong...

As for the cashed up owners, Wildcat fans certainly don't have any leg to stand on, they've just benefited from one for a lot longer and it's clear that their owner is doing it for the love of the team... Hopefully this isn't just a one and done situation for the Kings and we can benefit from it for years to come as well... Like others have said, the Kings have got a lot of work to do off teh court to undo a lot of the shit that previous owners/management have fucked up previously, but they're working hard and not JUST throwing cash at the problems...

Reply #604006 | Report this post

Wordsmith  
Years ago

doesn't everyone know that all Wildcats fans - good and bad, light a candle and say a prayer every night for the continued well being of Jack.

Reply #604034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are people using this thread to bash the cats fans. I am a cats fan and I started this thread

Reply #604042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is bashing you mate. Just a few of your knob one eyed friends

Reply #604071 | Report this post

Perth fan  
Years ago

Whatever Gaze, Copeland, Lisch, Newley etc are bringing to the table, they should bottle it and sell it. Add the mateship and fun Josh Powell adds, and it's something we haven't seen for a long time from Sydney.
As an avid wildcats member, I am super proud of what our club has done since I started following them in 1987. But I must say, I'm joining that kings bandwagon as my second team. I just love what they are doing- great seeing the shuffle plus improvements back. The notable thing though is that these guys are just enjoying what they are doing. It's great to see the comraderie. As for coaching, Gaze is doing a great job with his assistants. Anyone who thinks Gaze is just a front on the coaching side is just crazy. Watch how he leads the timeouts. It's like seeing his dad all over again.This team are going to be doing awesome things this year- just hope not at the detriment to my Cats.... Sorry one-eyed supporter.

Reply #604075 | Report this post

Perth fan  
Years ago

Whatever Gaze, Copeland, Lisch, Newley etc are bringing to the table, they should bottle it and sell it. Add the mateship and fun Josh Powell adds, and it's something we haven't seen for a long time from Sydney.
As an avid wildcats member, I am super proud of what our club has done since I started following them in 1987. But I must say, I'm joining that kings bandwagon as my second team. I just love what they are doing- great seeing the shuffle plus improvements back. The notable thing though is that these guys are just enjoying what they are doing. It's great to see the comraderie. As for coaching, Gaze is doing a great job with his assistants. Anyone who thinks Gaze is just a front on the coaching side is just crazy. Watch how he leads the timeouts. It's like seeing his dad all over again.This team are going to be doing awesome things this year- just hope not at the detriment to my Cats.... Sorry one-eyed supporter.

Reply #604076 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754