Anonymous
Years ago

Ingram leaves Wildcats

Perth Wildcats import shooting guard Andre Ingram has requested to return home to the United States immediately.

The 30-year-old has cited mental health reasons for the sudden decision.

"In a time like this we have to focus on the individual, and right now Andre's welfare is our number one priority," said managing director Nick Marvin.

Ingram’s departure comes a day after point guards Damian Martin and Jarrod Kenny were both ruled out with injury, further depleting the club’s backcourt options.

“What I do know about our organisation is when our backs are to the wall, every individual digs deep and steps up for the greater good. Adversity unites us, it brings out our best,” said Mr Marvin.

“We have faced many obstacles before, and with resilience we will clear this hurdle.”

The Perth Wildcats are yet to make any decisions on a replacement player.

The club would like to thank Andre Ingram for his brief time at the organisation and wish him the very best.

Ingram played two games, both wins, shooting six of 12 from outside the arc.

The Wildcats take on the Illawarra Hawks in Wollongong on Friday night. Tip-off at 4.30pm WA time.

Topic #40146 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Well then

Reply #604139 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Well, I suppose on the plus side, we can now grab an import who can run the point???

But WTF is happening at the Cats?

Reply #604142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im guessing these same mental health issues are the reason he has never left the US to play before

Reply #604143 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

...O ...O ...O ...O

Wheels fallen off

Reply #604147 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I assumed he probably wouldn't last long out here anyway basketball is clearly a hobby for him and spending a decade playing in the D-League without ever having played overseas before should've been a concern for the Wildcats as I and a few others said at the time.

The real shock is here is the ineptitude of the Wildcats to sign this guy in the first place.

Reply #604149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disappointing to see him go, looked like he could become a real weapon for us with his outside shooting. Hopefully he's ok.

Plus side is we can look for a combo guard now who could be a better fit. We need someone ASAP, but hopefully they don't rush into it though and make sure they find the right kind of guy.

Crazy couple of weeks for cats fans, maybe we'll get 3rd time lucky with the next import?

Reply #604151 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

this is a circus, not happy.

Reply #604152 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

I hate to say it but I would suspect his departure is due to the current injury woes. They can't adequately replace two ball-handling starters with a local so they need an import. It would be a terrible look to state they have released him due to their roster imbalance but they had to think of something.

Reply #604153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They MUST get an combo guard import. One that can run the point until Damo or Kenny return, and then can transition into a scorer once they do.

Look no further, NATE ROBINSON. Make it happen Marvin.

Reply #604154 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

This just in:

Ricky Grace Signs With Wildcats

Perth Wildcats have signed Club legend Ricky Grace as injuries and other shenanigans have taken its toll on it's roster.

Managing director Nick Marvin said it was the only natural thing to do, "Ricky can still steal hubcaps off cars, the only difference being that they are stationary cars now."

Grace said it was an honor to again put on the Wildcats singlet he wore so proudly for his entire professional career, "I'm Ready"

The Wildcats expect Grace to be available for Friday nights game against Illawara, where he will take on Butch Hays, who has been signed as a replacement for Rotnei Clarke, who was cut in an alternate reality.

Tickets available from Ticketmaster

Reply #604155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with anon, sounds like the reason he never left the d league in the first place

Reply #604156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's an easy conclusion to jump to but at the end of the day damo is only out for two weeks. Would be drastic to cut him just because of that

Reply #604157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mental health issue=homesick?

Reply #604158 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

WTF! Terrible timing. There's no way they can get a replacement cleared in time for this Friday.

Reply #604159 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

Unless they sign an import who is already in the country? I don't know who falls in to that category.

But it gives them time to get the right replacement this time. A proper combo guard who can create on offence.

Reply #604160 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Marvelle Harris type would be good..

Reply #604162 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Can only laugh at this point. If the backcourt situation wasn't ridiculous before ...

On the plus side, the Hawks are really in need of a freebie right now so it's nice for them.

Reply #604163 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

Jaron Johnson still in Perth, apparently.

Reply #604164 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

I personally don't think it's right to speculate on MH issues, so best wishes to him and hope he's okay.

Johnson was never released, just 'de-activated' and is still in Perth... I wonder what they'll do now.

Reply #604165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Johnson will return with a wake up call and becomes a beast. maybe not. Blake woulda been handy right about now.

Reply #604168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks now odds on favs Vs Wildcats.

Reply #604169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jaron Johnson is STILL in Perth and has been seen at the Wildcats facility working out.

He could play this weekend to help out the Cats.

Reply #604170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rj hunter just got released from the Celtics. Make it happen

Reply #604171 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

To match Sydney on paper, they'll have to go big time signing..

Reply #604173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nate Robinson. Enough said.

Reply #604174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ray Allen would solve the outside shooting deficiency

Reply #604175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats this year feels like a TV show in its 6th or 7th season, that's been successful but starting to get a bit repetitive, stale and boring. So the shows writers have decided to do all this crazy stuff and plot twists to spice things up and make it interesting lol

Reply #604176 | Report this post

_Strungout_  
Years ago

This has to be Hoggy time.

Reply #604178 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

They need some Kenyon Mcneaill to Jerome Randle lottery luck.

Reply #604179 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

"Wildcats this year feels like a TV show in its 6th or 7th* season"

*30th ;-)

Reply #604181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put a call into Kobe Bryant, lol

Reply #604184 | Report this post

lawsy  
Years ago

Let's be honest, he looked pretty ordinary. You can't play in this league being a one trick pony. He is obviously very content playing in the D League for $50k per season, living in his home country. The guy has never travelled out side of USA to ball, and I'll be honest, I think this league is too tough for him. He had zero ability to create his own shot, and he would be found out.

Perth are in HUGE trouble

Reply #604185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adris Delon would suit their needs perfectly

Reply #604187 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

What's that Greenwood kid up to?

Reply #604189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playing for the Adelaide Crows' reserves

Reply #604191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth would have been in bigger trouble had Ingram stayed. No way they would have won a title with Ingram as an import

Reply #604192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw Gleeson give it to him almost every chance he got so I think that is probaly why he bolted.

Reply #604193 | Report this post

Nonanon  
Years ago

"I saw Gleeson give it to him almost every chance he got so I think that is probaly why he bolted."

hahahahaha wow, what an outstanding theory.

Reply #604194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw Gleeson tearing into him game 1 which I thought was harsh but he passed up open looks so probably not that far fetched.

Reply #604198 | Report this post

Amateur  
Years ago

Tre Nichols anyone? In the country, and can score. Oh wait, SBL player not at the right club. Ok just ignore me

Reply #604199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That probably played a part - the general pressure and intensity whereas in the D league it was more of a part time job along with his calculus tuition. That and being in another country probably brought a lot of stress and anxiety. Having been through some stressful jobs myself I don't blame him for quickly identifying it wasn't for him.

Reply #604200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope Perth management swallow their pride and give Johnson another crack, he knows the system and available for Friday.

Reply #604203 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Someone with handles thanks.

Reply #604204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about U'u

Reply #604205 | Report this post

Deimos33  
Years ago

Yes U'u

Reply #604206 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Last I heard he was sitting pretty in his home state hanging out with Vlade Divac and Demarcus Cousins as part of Kings staff.

Reply #604207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brad robbins has love handles does that count?

Reply #604208 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

I see Gary Ervin has been pretty active on the ol' Twitter with this news...

Reply #604209 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

He's not an African American with swagger, no deal.

Reply #604210 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Ervin is 33, not sure if we'd want him for the whole season..

They probably need to take time with this one, it's getting ridiculous.

Reply #604211 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

"I see Gary Ervin has been pretty active on the ol' Twitter with this news..."

I didn't see that because he blocked me :O(

Reply #604213 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Seems weird how in an interview he said he was waiting for the call. He would of had ample time to prepare to move over to Australia. Mental health is no joke and i wish him all the best with the rest of career. Wildcats needs to spend a bit more to have any shot this year imo

Reply #604216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Done some arm chair scouting... Ronnie Price seems to be the pick of the litter of recent NBA squad cuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_1CYwUR1rA

Archie Goodwin would also be very nice.

Reply #604218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on Benno, they've tried to build a roster on a limited budget. Time to splash the cash if they are still serious about winning a title

Reply #604220 | Report this post

The Bear  
Years ago

That Tre Nichols idea is pretty good. An outstanding scorer and outside shooter who can also handle the point.

There will be those out there who will say that the step-up from SBL would be too big, but didn't some fella called Redhage start off at the Northwest Tasmania Thunder?

Reply #604223 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Lawsy, More like $25K. I'm pretty sure $25K is the maximum salary in the D-League. It's why anyone who wants to make a career out of being a pro baller or has a family to support doesn't hang around too long in that league.

Ronnie Price popped into my head last night for an NBL team in a strange situation he was just cut by OKC despite signing a 2 year fully guaranteed deal for $5 million.

Knowing money probably wouldn't be an issue then an NBL team needing a PG would be silly not to give him a call.

Reply #604224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My left nut Marvin cut his ass and is doing what the cats always do, twist the media to make them look the inncocent party. I'd say damo is in big trouble with that jaw and they now have the money free for a long term injury to bring in a stud. Mental health issues, doubt that.

Reply #604225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, really hope the Wildcats and Bendat's decide to go all in, spend some cash and pick up a really high quality guy. Hopefully Sydney adding Blake to their already stacked team might put the Cats under pressure to make a big move. We really need to make a big signing here if we want to win this year, otherwise I think we will struggle to go all the way.

Reply #604228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gary Ervin is pretty much begging the Wildcats for a job

Reply #604232 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Where's this

Reply #604233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rubbish, using mental health issues to cover a sacking is low, no professional team would be dumb enough, especially considering Greg Hires involvement in mental health charity. If you were right don't you think Ingram would come out and call bullshit, which would send the club into disrepair.

Reply #604234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/G_erv3/status/791137933701029889

https://twitter.com/G_erv3/status/791141133300686850

Reply #604235 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/basketball/perth-wildcats-import-andre-ingram-to-head-back-to-united-states-citing-mental-health-reasons/news-story/fd0ee78ba3b017fd8bcab8803b0fd348

PERTH Wildcats coach Trevor Gleeson says "mental issues from the past" were behind the sudden exit of Andre Ingram, which has deepened the club's guards crisis.

It comes as the Cats confirmed the signing of local guard Jackson Hussey to help fill the void left by Ingram, Damian Martin (fractured jaw) and Jarrod Kenny (groin) ahead of Friday’s road clash with Illawarra.

And Perth has not yet ruled out approaching axed import Jaron Johnson to bolster the depleted backcourt, with the American training with the main group on Wednesday morning.

Gleeson said he was first made aware of Ingram’s concerns on Tuesday afternoon, less than six days after the import had arrived in the country to replace Johnson.

“It surprised me big time,” Gleeson said.

“He said it was nothing to do with the team - I thought it might have been to do with his family.

“We offered to bring his family over. But he said it just wasn’t for him to play overseas.

“We did a bit more digging, and there were some mental issues from the past that have risen again.”

After sleeping on the decision, Ingram confirmed on Wednesday morning that he wanted out.

“He’s not in a good place at the moment, and we’ve got to take him at his word for that,” Gleeson said.

“There’s some issues there that he didn’t really want to broach with me. But he didn’t feel right.”

Gleeson said he was confident the club had done its due diligence in scouting 31-year-old Ingram, who has played in the US for all of his professional career.

The club met with the import on multiple occasions and used intel from former coach Conner Henry and former assistant Paul Woolpert, who both had involvement with Ingram in the US.

“We did a lot of research, even in the two weeks before we got him here, that he was the right guy,” Gleeson said.

“Everything had the boxes ticked.

“He probably kept to himself a little bit (upon arriving)... but I just thought that was a mature athlete looking after his body and wanting to stretch by himself.

“He’s more of an introvert than an extrovert. I thought that was a bit of his personality, but maybe there was something deeper than that.”

INJURY CRISIS: Setbacks for Wildcats point guards Damian Martin and Jarrod Kenny

Gleeson told reporters on Wednesday afternoon the club was still weighing up its options with regard to a potential recall for Johnson.

“That’s something we’ll go down… we don’t know yet where we are with that,” Gleeson said.

“We’ll have to cover that area sometime, but right now that’s not a priority for us.

“He trained with us today, but he’s been training with us for all the time (since being cut). We’ll see how that plays out.”

Johnson was released only last week after failing to fit with the team, but his availability and knowledge of the side’s set-up could prove valuable.

Hire said he was confident the Cats could still perform strongly against Illawarra despite the guard shortage.

“In terms of backs against the wall and what this situation holds, it’s unlike any other,” he said.

“For us, it really brings our group together. We had a really good session. Whenever the chips are down, we have guys stepping up.”

Wildcats vice-captain Greg Hire said Ingram had participated in a weights session with the team Wednesday morning before Gleeson broke the news to the playing group.

“It’s definitely quite a shock,” he said.

“The past couple of weeks have been unusual circumstances.

“But obviously we’re very respectful of Andre and his situation right now, and the least we can do is be as supportive as we can.

“We weren’t briefed on the path or background (of his mental health issues). But I think that reaffirms how tough it really is... And how mental health issues can hit anyone at any time.”

Hussey averaged 20 points and five assists per game for Geraldton in the SBL last season, and impressed with a 20-point display against the Wildcats in a pre-season game last month.

Hussey will join development player Corban Wroe on the roster for Friday’s game.

Reply #604236 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Why would Wildcats lie about it anyway. Not like it would be a big deal to turn around and say "Circumstances have changed and we need to go a different direction".

Reply #604237 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Dear, oh, dear, we are knee deep in it now.

Good thing we banked a couple early close-ones, the next few weeks are not going to be pleasant viewing.

@alekrad,
"I didn't see that because he blocked me :O("

Ha! Me too, apparently. I don't flame anyone on twitter, and I don't think I ever tweeted Ervin, I can't for the life of me think of how I earned that one, lol.

Reply #604241 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"We did a lot of research, even in the two weeks before we got him here, that he was the right guy," Gleeson said.
So Johnson was definitely gone by round one.

Reply #604242 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The issues sound legit bit funny he didn't even want to stretch with his teammates and kept to himself a lot, sounds like he might've regretted the decision already by the time he landed.

I'm not sure re-using JJ again would be a good look that would place the Wildcats firmly in basketcase territory so better to let that one go and just get by with what they have until a proper replacement import is found.

Reply #604243 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Ha! Me too, apparently. I don't flame anyone on twitter, and I don't think I ever tweeted Ervin, I can't for the life of me think of how I earned that one, lol.
Same here.

Reply #604244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why isn't the Johnson decision a priority? We've got a game in two days. Give him a one week contract at least

Reply #604248 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Trvor Gleeson's press conference
https://audioboom.com/posts/5207586-trevor-gleeson-press-conference-26-october-2016

Reply #604250 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Seems weird how in an interview he said he was waiting for the call. He would of had ample time to prepare to move over to Australia.
He was talking figuratively. Cats spoke to him months ago, and it didn't happen.
By the sounds of what Gleeson said, Ingram had a maximum of 2 weeks notice this time around.
It can be tough for some guys, leaving everything you know. Even though we're very similar to the USA in many ways, we're still a different country.
Plus he was probably smart enough to realise that with his confidence shaky, his shooting would be off, and things would only spiral downwards.

Reply #604251 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Why isn't the Johnson decision a priority? We've got a game in two days. Give him a one week contract at least
It's a weird one alright.
He's even less of a good fit now, but he's back (still) training with us, and obliviously knows the plays. You'd assume they'd slot him straight in whilst the search goes on for a permanent guy.

Reply #604252 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

There is a chance the Wildcats could bring back Johnson who is still in Perth. Under NBL rules a player who is removed from the team roster may not return to that same club roster in the same season, unless he is replacing a player who has suffered a season ending injury or illness, which Ingram is.

"That's something we will look at. We don’t know yet where we are with that but we always said Jaron was a great guy," Gleeson said.

“He trained with us today but he has been doing that all the time. We will just see how that plays out. The guys love him so that’s part of being a professional too but we’ll see how it goes.”

http://www.nbl.com.au/featured-news/33489/

Reply #604254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson was definitely gone by round 1 but the cats were thinking about it which is consistent with Gleason's comments that the pre season didn't instil them with great confidence

Reply #604255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jackson Hussey will be named into the team shortly. ex Cockburn Cougars junior, moved to Pikeville for College and had a solid half-year with Geraldton in the SBL last season.

Reply #604263 | Report this post

The Bear  
Years ago

Wasn't he an ex-Wolves junior?

Reply #604265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have good inside info that Andre Ingram engaged in seedy behaviour during his short stay in Perth and had to leave urgently.

Reply #609696 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

He always did seem like he had a hint of that "playa" gene..

Reply #609699 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Define Seedy.... Are we talking David Bailey seedy, Beal Seedy or Troy Buswell seedy?

Reply #609700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He engaged in "tiny pinder" type activity.

Reply #609702 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Or Tiny Pinder seedy? Too far #lol

Reply #609703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Troy Buswell seedy?"

He sniffed jack Bendat's wheelchair

Reply #609709 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Gold.

Reply #609713 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

hahahahaha classic.

Reply #609719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is real inside info from one of the ex Wildcats assistant coach. I think the Wildcats had to "hush" the news.

Reply #609723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any word on specifically what he is alleged to have done?

Reply #609727 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I heard - third-hand - that there was a significant off-court indiscretion, although no specifics were given.

If that was indeed the case, surely Johnson has to be deactivated? Ingram's alleged illness is the only reason he was allowed back.

Curious as to what the NBL procedure is for that. Ingram was out of the country awful quick, so I doubt there was time for an independent assessment. Do they just take the club's word for it?

Reply #609728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The story is that he was intoxicated and did a "tiny pinder" type activity. All the wildcats players knew about it. I got my information from an ex Wildcats assistant coach. It is legit info.

Reply #609729 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

If he did a Tiny Pinder type activity, why weren't the police involved?

Reply #609732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He had a better record from Poundtown than he did from Downtown.

Reply #609733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Catgate.

Reply #609734 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

He didn't seem like much of a rim perpetrator.

Reply #609735 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

*penetrator

Reply #609736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His three days in Perth would be more exciting to hear about than Delly's life story.

Reply #609737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was told that the Wildcats paid some "hush" money

Reply #609738 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Reply #609739 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Marvin didn't realize that when he said "he could hit that from the parking lot" that he was talking about one of the cheerleaders.

Reply #609740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did sex.

Reply #609741 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Reply #609742 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Old man still got game LOL

Reply #609743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doing what tiny did may indeed me associated with mental illness. It's a broad term. At the end of the day we all take our actions based on decisions our mind makes

Reply #609744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except some bloke's brains are in the penises.

Reply #609781 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

"At the end of the day we all take our actions based on decisions our mind makes".

Gold. Although, the action the girl was involved in (allegedly...) doesn't sound like it was her decision.

Reply #609817 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Doesn't sound like the behaviour of a good god-fearing, family club! Very disappointed if this is truly the case, but even if not, koberulez brings up a good point... they shifted him back to the U.S. very quickly, is the NBL working on the honour system now with regards to contractual/season ending requirements? Surely there should have been some unbiased third party involved at some point?

Reply #609830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It sounds exactly like the actions of a God-fearing club!

Reply #609831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Surely there should have been some unbiased third party involved at some point?" yes and it's called the Police.
If these allegations are true then the Wildcats organisation will be #1 in hushing things up as well. Shame, shame, shame.

Reply #609832 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Anon1: well yes, that's true as well, at the risk of not getting into a religion bashing agreement :)

Anon2: I was meaning more along the lines of a player being dismissed due to a season ending injury and the team using that excuse to bring back a previously dismissed player... but yes, from a legal standpoint as well, that's true...

Reply #609833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't people with the sources just say what happened? The lack of detail smacks of just rumour creating.

Reply #609839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think there are enough hints to work out what allegedly happened however saying people saying they heard it from a former employee of the club doesn't make it true either. Its just a baseless rumour IMO.

Reply #609840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Former assistant sounds like disgruntled assistant... Lets throw shade and create a rumour because im bitter

Reply #609847 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That seems like a bizarre rumour to create out of bitterness, particularly given how quietly they're spreading it.

Which assistants have even departed the club recently? I think Woolpert two years ago was the last one, and that's a long time to hold a grudge.

And that's without taking into account that a second person is telling the same story.

Reply #609911 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Gleeson is a flog.

Reply #609920 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

I can confirm the following for an absolute FACT:

The internet is full of sick & twisted gutter-trolls who make shit up.

I'm serious, we know this happens, so unfortunately you can't follow the "where there's smoke" line.

These anony-trolls, who won't even put a screen-name to their post in case they get called out, are maliciously defaming Ingram. Whom by all accounts is a clean-living, family man.

And to top it off, the allegations don't even make sense:
You're suggesting a guy who was only in the country for a week or so, and barely had time to scratch himself between games, that his first order of business was to go out and commit child-abuse?
Then you're suggesting that several people at the Cats engaged in a criminal conspiracy to cover it up and get him out of the country? That's called "Perverting the Course of Justice" and being an "accessory after the fact," both SERIOUS criminal offences.
There is simply no way employees at the Wildcats take those risks. If he did that, they would have let the police handle it, and wiped their hands of him.

Reply #609923 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

If you'd alleged that he got on the turps, or drugs, or even that he had a wild party with hookers, that might have had some credence.
1) Its the sought of behaviours the Cats wouldn't tolerate (from him at least).
2) Past history may not have been easily discovered.
3) Not actually illegal, or at worst marginally so.
4) Nothing worse that your average AFL player gets up to.

If that happened, I could see the Cats getting rid of him, and "glossing over" the real reasons.

But no, you had to go overboard and allege he committed an extremely serious (and despicable) crime.

Reply #609924 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

These anony-trolls, who won't even put a screen-name to their post in case they get called out
I mentioned back when it first happened that I'd heard, from someone who'd spoken to a friend of someone, that there was a serious off-court indiscretion. I was aware at the time it wasn't particularly reliable, and said so. But another poster coming in with the same story makes it a lot easier to believe.

More broadly, though, this does raise the question of the validation of season-ending conditions; it seems like the NBL has merely taken the club's word for it.

But no, you had to go overboard and allege he committed an extremely serious (and despicable) crime.
Nobody actually alleged a crime was committed.

Reply #609928 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

I can confirm the following for an absolute FACT:

The internet is full of sick & twisted gutter-trolls who make shit up.

No I think he's right Gleeson really is actually a flog ;)

Relax Dazz the sun will be coming up tomorrow :)

Reply #609930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great last two posts by Dazz. The rumour just doesn't add up.

Reply #609935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754