Anonymous
Years ago

Did jaron Johnson fly out with the cats today

As per the heading, active know if he's playing?

Topic #40157 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can confirm a black guy wearing a red shirt was spotted at the air port today.

Reply #604375 | Report this post

will  
Years ago

he most certainly did.

Reply #604384 | Report this post

Juan  
Years ago

Out of curiosity, how do you guys know?

I'm imagine groupies following a team bus from the Bendat Center and crying when they see their idols at the airport.. most likely wildly wrong here.

Reply #604387 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

Team bus? What bush league do you think we're running down here?

Two stretch Hummers.

Reply #604404 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

West Australian just uploaded scenes from today's trip to the airport.

Reply #604415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wroe
Johnson
Prather
Knight
McKay

Hussey
Kernich Drew
Hire
Redhage
Wagstaff
Brandt
Vague

Looking a lot better than 24 hours ago

Reply #604479 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So who are they going to start at point?

I'm thinking the starting line-up goes something like:
Prather
Johnson
Wagstaff
McKay
Knight
Although I suspect that during the game they will need to make good use of Wroe, adn whilst I think they might want Wagstff on the floor to start, he'll spend most of his time in 4 spot.

Reply #604482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see what they go with. Johnson may come off the bench first game back, Wroe isn't a starting quality player right now, but plays a position that is currently empty, maybe they avoid going too tall with something like

Prather
Johnson
Hire
Wagstaff
Knight

Bring McKay off the bench with energy, add another shooter into the starting lineup in Jesse and bring in Wroe after a few minutes to balance out the line up.

Perth are going to have to grind it right to the end, they will have some troubles tomorrow night if hey haven't already.

Reply #604485 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I think they will go with Wroe as the starting PG. Moving too many guys out of their normal position is likely to create even more problems for their offence. Although if Wroe and Hussey can't handle the heat then I would say Prather would run the point.

Wroe
Johnson
Prather
Knight
McKay

Reply #604486 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'd draw a distinction between who starts, and who plays most minutes where.
Problem if you start Wroe, is that you're begging the Hawks to go at him and intimidate him. That's gonna happen to some extent whenever he comes out, but you'd rather things were a bit settled first. Plus, you don't want him to think he's got to carry the can. Much less pressure if he thinks he's the backup PG.
Apparently Prather ran the point in the pre-season, so hopefully not too big of a stretch for him. Wagstaff, Hire, and Redhage have all played the 3, so that's not a big stretch either.
At least with McKay, whilst he doesn't appear to have much range, he's reasonably quick up the court.

Whilst they will obviously need to use Wroe, DKD, and even Hussey in the backcourt, I'd expect them to be partnered by an experienced player at all times.

Reply #604498 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Do they even need a point guard, just get Prather the ball :P

Reply #604500 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

"American shooting guard, Jaron Johnson will re-join the Perth Wildcats this week after the departure of Andre Ingram.

Johnson will play in tomorrow's clash with the Illawarra Hawks and the club’s intention is for him to see out the rest of the 2016/17 season in a Wildcats singlet."

...from the NBL website.

Reply #604502 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754