Peter
Years ago

Steve Adams - $100m deal

Steve Adams is reportedly finalising a $100m 4 year deal with Oklahoma City Thunder.

Not a bad pay day.

Victor Oladipo also finalising a $84m 4 year deal

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11739823

Topic #40188 | Report this topic

Peter  
Years ago

and this link

http://www.news.com.au/sport/american-sports/nba/steven-adams-set-to-become-new-zealands-highest-paid-athlete/news-story/b1dfa718bfea51e11f8fc2f4e494ae9d

Reply #605247 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Well deserved, will be a top 5 centre in the years to come. Not far off now.

Reply #605255 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

He's certainly earnt it, especially coming from his first year with comments about him possibly being limited off the bench to now being one of the best C in the league

Reply #605256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KAT
Anthony Davis
Myles Turner
Demarcus Cousins
Whiteside

Adams doesn't come close to those guys and never will.

Reply #605260 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Myles Turner haha? Give it a rest, the guy has had a nice start to the year but a bit early to have him top 5

Adams could be an allstar in the not too distant future. Deserves his payday

Reply #605263 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

You're right, Adams will never be as big of a douche as Demarcus Cousins.

Reply #605268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What has Adams done so far to put him top 5? Adams is not even capable of putting up numbers that Turner has so far.

Reply #605269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Take your hand off it, Adams is definitely not in the top 5 haha

Reply #605273 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

I think gone are the days where you want your centre to average 25 & 10. Today's best are all about giving you 10-15 & 10 and able to defend. All the centres that score well and extend out are much more power forward like in play style in my opinion.

Reply #605275 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

And the $100m deal won't change Big Steve in any way..that's what we love about him.

It's just numbers to him; he hasn't got a haircut as a "cost saving" measure haha.

He came from nothing; such a grateful and humble guy.

Reply #605280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think Adams is a top 5 centre but disingenuous to include Brow in that list. He's a PF who can be used at the five.

Reply #605287 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Who has said Adams is in the top 5?

Of the 5 players listed above that Adams apparently will "never get close to" - Turner is not proven and certainly not top 5 now (Jordan>>>Turner) and Whiteside three years ago was playing D league. So anything is possible.

Adams has improved immensely in the last couple of years and could be an allstar if he keeps trending upwards.

Reply #605288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The list of 5 was the first 5 guys that I can think of that are currently better than Adams and have a lot more upside. Thanks for reminding me of Deandre Jordan - I hadn't even come close to finishing the list.

If we're allowed to project Adams for his potential growth then we can do the same for Turner. Adams will never come close to being as good as Turner will, and Turner has a ton of improvement in front of him.

Reply #605289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smooch myles turner will be a beast. The way he goes about it, he is destined for great things. As for adams way to get paid for being a hard nosed 80s throwback type big.

Reply #605296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrew bogut ( in his prime ) is better than adams

Reply #605299 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Good on Adams for getting paid, seems like a pretty good dude too. But to suggest that he is top 5 is absolutely laughable.

Give me:

Al Horford
Brook Lopez
Andre Drummond
Dwight Howard
DeAndre Jordan
Karl-Anthony Towns
Marc Gasol
Hassan Whiteside
DeMarcus Cousins
Pau Gasol
Rudy Gobert

I also feel like you could make a case for preferring these guys:

Robin Lopez
Andrew Bogut
Timofey Mozgov
Joakim Noah
Nikola Vucevic
Joel Embiid
Jahlil Okafor
Jonas Valanciunas
Marcin Gortat

I'd suggest he's not even top 10 and possibly not even top 15..

Reply #605300 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I'd agree with NV on that second list, but that's it. Adams is a better defender than JV, who I'd say has a decent upside.

The top list I'd agree mostly with, although still believe Howard is the most overrated player in recent times. Non-winner.
I'd rate Adams as probably towards the lower end of the top 10 centres in the league right now. He was huge in the playoffs last year and has started this season pretty well.

And I agree Turner is going to be a beast, but to dismiss Adams as a hack who can't compete with him is nonsense.

Reply #605306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one said he is a hack, just far from top five....and nowhere near an All Star.

Reply #605312 | Report this post

uncle jimmy  
Years ago

The NBA where "goons" are paid a 100 million bucks happens.

Reply #605320 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Adams only turned 23 a few months ago. This deal is based on potential.

He showed some serious potential in the 2016 playoffs. He's a big guy and shouldn't have peaked yet.

Reply #605328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adams top five? not yet but maybe one day when this deal is almost complete
Turner top five? also laughable, he also hasn't shown as much as Adams has since he's a few games into his 2nd year.

Having said that both could one day be close to the best centres in the league yes.

Thunder shelling this cash out for Oladipo and Adams is all about Westbrook. You surround him with pieces to compete but not with guys who could be alpha dogs and its more likely to appease him. You get these guys committed now and show Westbrook the path you're going down is only going to boost your chances.

Reply #605379 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754