Freethrows
Years ago

Travis Trice medical scan?

I have heard that Travis Trice underwent either an MRI or a CT scan today on his injured arm.

Has anyone heard any news on whether he'll be right for Saturday's home game against the Kings? A huge part of Cairns' chances ride with him playing.

Topic #40197 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho was on EON radio earlier today and said he is 50/50 for this weekend.

Reply #605425 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

"A huge part of Cairns' chances ride with him playing."

Yep, like on Sunday when he went down, and Taipans won by 15 away.

CNS actually have some decent depth in guard positions (Gliddon, McCarron, Heuir, Weekes), unlike another team that seemed to panic when they lost theirs.

Reply #605430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame that hasn't translated into more W's

Reply #605432 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Yawn. Once CNS have played as many home games as everyone else we can discuss the W column.

Reply #605435 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cairns have been the most impressive team of the season not named Sydney or Perth, and Trice has been a huge part of that.

Shame if he doesn't play, cos it'll reduce significantly their chances of continuing theirmomentum. Is Lisch playing?

Reply #605440 | Report this post

Manu Feildel  
Years ago

I really rate Trice now, and while our margin extended without him against the Hawks, the complexion of the game was completely different from what it'd be when the score read 0-0 at the start. Plus it was a small sample size against out-of-form competition.

Weeks and McCarron are good as pinch hitters but you wouldn't give them big minutes. They wouldn't stack up against opponents' starting talent.

Reply #605450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trice was totally embarrassed by Randle in Adelaide. Made him look like he was out of his depth with his play.

Reply #605470 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Randle's been embarrassing the whole league for the past season and a bit. Hardly a knock on Trice...

Reply #605474 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

He still wasn't 100% in Adelaide, their next meeting against Randle will be very different.

As far as i've heard the elbow isn't the issue, it's his hip that's been keeping him out of training this week. I reckon we've got the cattle to handle him resting Saturday so he's 100% for the away trip.

Reply #605476 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

IMPORT guard Travis Trice had an MRI on his hip on today in a bid to play on Saturday night against the Sydney Kings.

The red-hot Trice is no certainty to face the Kings on Saturday night for the Cairns Taipans in their second home game on the season.

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/travis-trice-is-a-chance-to-play-against-sydney-on-saturday-night-and-had-an-mri-on-his-hip-on-thursday/news-story/de5559ebf79b381fd7df5a5d1293bab5

Reply #605532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the arm is now a hip, or somewhere else

Reply #605541 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Was interesting to see how Randle struggled when Abercrombie was on him last week, he got very frustrated.

Will be interesting to see if other teams follow a similar strategy, although there aren't too many Abercrombie's floating around!

If I was Cairns I'd do everything to get Trice up for the home game and then rest him for the away trip, if that's doable.

But both would be ideal, you can't beat Sydney without good pressure release, and Trice is a one-man show in that regard.

Reply #605545 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I didn't catch that game Paul but maybe this could hbe start of strong wing defenders being matched against Randle- with more height and length than point guards eg: Edwin, Newley (or even Whittington, perhaps), Prather, Craig?

IIRC Craig may have matched up on Randle a bit in that OT game up in Brisbane?

Reply #605551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scoring is not adelaide'a issue Paul.

Reply #605552 | Report this post

miracle.touch  
Years ago

Trice out of both games this weekend.

http://www.taipans.com/featured-news/trice-miss-double-header-sydney/

Reply #605662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucky for the Kings. This may be their year

Reply #605813 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

He was never going to be at full strength so best to keep him away from the top team for now. Taipans should still get the home win tonight.

Reply #605834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:13 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754