MK
Years ago

Taipans bite Kings... violet crumble time again?

Loved seeing that "unstoppable" Kings get biten. Let's be honest, everyone but those purple and banana fanboys had to be cheering for Cairns.

terrific defense by the snakes.

Gaze can eat his words after his dispicable remarks codemning other teams he thinks are spending more than his $ydney King$. Maybe he will learn to keep his mouth shut to avoid spewing forth more verbal diarrhea.

Personally, as a fan of a fair league in which teams like Sydney admit they are blowing the cap and will happily pay tax, I hope each team the Kings face bring extra focus into sending them back to the bottom of the ladder.

Topic #40222 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

So much for Sydney being unbeatable

Reply #606146 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I'm sorry, but did the Kings promise to win every single game?

Reply #606151 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

We love Gazey!

Reply #606152 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

You have to show up and play hard esp when things are not going your way. Gaze showed his inexperience by not getting up, when his players were down. Showing some passion and demanding some effort and patience from his team. They pretty much went into funk mode through second half.
Does not matter how much talent you have....... you have to tough out the bad spells. Could be their weakness.
Lets see how they respond.

Reply #606157 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

so much for them nd then daylight

Reply #606182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

even before last night's result, I had a good chuckle at suggestions earlier in the week that this could be the best Kings side ever ... I'd take just about any of Brian Goorjian's Kings sides to wipe the floor with this current version more often than not.

Reply #606188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clueless haters. im not a Kings fan, but its very clear by watching alot of sports over the years, that no team is unbeatable nor do they really want a undefeated type of season ala the NFL's Patriots a few years ago. Last night was a flat, grind it out ugly cairns style of play. But the Kings are by far the most stacked cohesive team overall and its their title to lose.

Reply #606196 | Report this post

Knight  
Years ago

Anonymous 606 - "Their title to lose"

another purple and yellow loser and this entire website will have to be shutdown. Laughed so hard at your comment. You are in NO position to claiming you're anywhere near a title. You had 5 decent games, in a long season. See this is the rubbish we are dealing with and why we should learn to despise King's fans. They tip themselves for a championship after 7 games.

Enjoy what little success you have had so far because it will come crumbling down and the Cairns game is just a sign of things to come.

Reply #606308 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

you're clearly a King's fan, no one comes on here and defends an "opposition" team so vigorously without being firmly lodged up the tailpipe of the team they're defending. Your anonymous so it's hard to take you seriously, clearly a band-wagoner.

Reply #606310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah a MK nick gives you validity said no one ever.

Reply #606313 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted and banned.)

Reply #606317 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

All this shows is what we have expected all along.
When things start to go wrong during a game, there's not much your "Assistant" Coach can do. You need your coach to adapt, change things up, and set a new course. And Gaze couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

On the plus side, it gives EVERY team hope, that all they need to do is rattle the Kings, make things, interesting, and anything is possible.

Reply #606441 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Gaze couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.[citation needed]

Fixed that for you.

And what can a head coach do during a game that Vickerman couldn't do, even assuming, arguendo, that your ridiculous hypothesis is true?

Reply #606448 | Report this post

Wow... the haters jumped on the vitriol bandwagon pretty quick... If everyone can go back to the tape, it's not just bandwagon Kings fans that were saying this team was unbeatable... Any proper Kings fan knows that they have these rubbish games up their sleeves and weren't getting ahead of themselves...

Normally I don't go head to head with fuckwits, but these are the dickheads that give this place a bad name... The Kings had a bad game where they didn't click, had no passion and looked a real mess... Just like their first game... Hopefully they shake it off and pull their fingers out tomorrow night, just like they did after that first loss...

All teams have shit games... I'd ask where the hate is for the Wildcats who only just got past a super depleted 36ers team (who still only played 8 players) without how many key players and how much difference in experience between the rosters, but it's probably in the game thread, but God help me if I have to wade through that likely mess to find out...

Reply #606479 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Lol at the people saying "So much for Sydney then daylight" etc etc.

They had a bad game. Pretty much every team in the history of basketball has had that.

The question is how they respond. On short notice vs same opponent makes it as perfect a test as possible.

Reply #606488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The amount of predictions and calls of "they won't win the title" around this place whenever any team has ONE bad game is ridiculous. Perth has had plenty of bad regular season games in the past three years but still won two titles. NZ are the same.

Anyone that looks for a trend of form this early in the season, and basing things off the last game played, is a moron.

Reply #606491 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

"Trend of form" agreed.

Team structures and balance of skill sets are something different however. Astute observers know the difference.

Reply #606492 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

"Reply #606317
re: Taipans bite Kings... violet crumble time again?
enjoyed the Kings loss, never seen a bunch of poo-flickers like this current Kings team. "We want a Cadee on our roster" - said no one ever - junktime player. Newley complains and thinks he is the best player in the league, what a spikey-headed prick he is, perfect for the Kings roster. Gaze enjoys the taste of his own bathwater. Maric is a 50 year old man pretending he's 31. Cannot see how anyone could get around this team. Pretentious wankers."

Lol, I didn't type this crap. Some smart arse is pretending to be me!

Reply #606494 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted and banned.)

Reply #606496 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:34 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754