MK
Years ago

United were chasing Jerome Randle.

King's GM has admitted that they went hard at signing Randle, but Randle was already stitched up by the 36ers.

Cannot see Randle ever putting on a United outfit without an outrageous salary offer from United. Too bad United forked out for Jackson, Goulding and Anderson. Still he loves Adelaide and the Sixers and so does his wife. Doubt he would leave.

Triple M reported Adelaide gave him a 300,000 dollar contract... does that sound about right?

Topic #40232 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

United aren't the Kings...

Reply #606321 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think I remember the rumour MU went after Randle hard but he had already agreed to re-sign with the Sixers.

There were reports he re-signed for $300k+ yes.

Reply #606326 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

And he's worth every $.

Reply #606328 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

This brings up an interesting thought.

I think if United or the Kings did manage to sign Randle, many of us would view the salary cap system in a different light.

Signing talent and bringing it in to the NBL is great, but what about the prospect of poaching/emptying talent from poorer clubs?

This could happen at the end of this season and it could become incredibly troublesome. Randle might just be a stroke of luck to both the 36ers and the NBL but hiding a genuine serious issue.

If Randle doesn't return and the 36ers don't pull off a miracle find again, how vulnerable to being completely non-competitive is the team likely to be?

The disparity between rich and poor is potentially widened to the point that maybe a luxury tax benefit won't cure the issue of a competitive competition.

Reply #606350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$300k in a side of underperformers. Maybe he should have taken another offer and won a chip.

Reply #606352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch is a better overall player anyway

Reply #606393 | Report this post

You raise a good point about known-good product being poached from the less wealthy clubs. It's a real risk that proven performers could get sucked to the big clubs, the massive pay packet overruling any kind of good-faith agreement the lesser clubs might have put in place for a star to return. Thankfully Randle backed his talk and returned to Adelaide, though I'm positive there was plenty of incentive to come back to the NBL with another club. I definitely rate him as a person of integrity off the court as well as on.

Reply #606515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch has been one big dud this year. He only looks like a better defender because he's 6'2". Randle is a much better player. You only need to look at their history to prove who is worth more. Not saying Lisch is not a great player just don't kid yourself into thinking he would have still won the MVP last year had Randle played the full year.

Reply #606521 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

The player who wins MVP is not necessarily the same player who is most likely to boost your title chances.
Lisch might not score all the points, but in a proper team that's not what any one player should need to do anyway.

Reply #606522 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754