Anonymous
Years ago

Singing the team song

Just noticed Josh Powell post a clip of the team singing a song in the rooms after tonight's win. (Like in the footy) Gaze getting very into it too.

Is this normal for all teams and is this a recent phenomenon? I think the wildcats do it too.

I'm not sure about this it feels a bit bogan.

Topic #40247 | Report this topic

Manu Feildel  
Years ago

One extra piece of entertainment in the package that is NBL. Nothing but a good thing. Plus it's actually pretty cool

Reply #606808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All clubs do it at all levels and it's been on going for decades a. I don't think it's exclusive to footy.

Most clubs keep it private, and I think it should stay that way.

Reply #606829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As above. Most clubs have some song. Many of those same songs have footy origins. AFL.

Reply #606833 | Report this post

Bring back the 36ers Club song that the fans used to sing after every home win! I still know it word by word, but they used to play it on the PA and put the words up on the screen. Adds to the atmosphere! I think the original might need some updating these days though, both musically and lyrically (references the Clipsal Powerhouse).

Reply #606857 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Love the passion!

Reply #606866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:53 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754