Isaac
Years ago

Sixers lose 72-95 in Millicent

Tigers won 95-72.

Anstey and Corletto 16 each, Stiff 14

Rychart 16, Maher 14.

Apparently the Tigers led by 5-10 most of the game and then blew it out at the end.

Topic #4025 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Was a fairly scrappy affair. Nash looked terrific and was easily the best player on the court from what I was watching. He guarded 1 through to 5 and looks in great shape.

Anstey looked lazy and got rather upset after hanging just a little too close with Mr Cooper, the pair exchanging elbows etc.

The Sixers vets were frustrated with the kids. Nick Hambour is still finding his feet in the system, Gower battled hard and often guarded D-Mac, Gerlach was OK but kept the ball for too long in the offence, and Magden only played limited minutes but easily had the best looking shoes on the court (two tones of blue - dark and light - anyway, my daughter liked them).

SOS to Willie Farley to help out Brett Maher and someone wrap Reesy in cotton wool, 'cause they'll need his size.

D-Mac is 41 now? I hope I'm still that quick when I'm 41. He looks very comfortable leading the team. They started Mottram ahead of some Hoare (sigh) and some other Stiff (sigh again). Stiff was great when he was out there, combining drop steps with jump hooks and crazy drives - I love his game. Corletto is finally getting a go, but likely only until Dave Thomas returns. And Tucker is quick but not much else, and my daughter kept asking "where's Tucker's daughter?" Boom boom!

Overall, an average game and just a preseason contest but was good to see basketball in the South East. Millicent put on a great show with kids absosmurfly everywhere, and to whoever handed out those *@#$&(@# Farmers Union Iced Coffee "Thundersticks" - don't ever do that again. Even my 2-year old girl can make them make loud noises. It was deafening in the place!!

PS. Go Power - please!

Reply #46775 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tigers missing DT. Sixers missing Farley.

Hopefully the Sixers can pick up a pre-season win sometime soon!

The Melbourne Tigers have made it three preseason wins in a row with a 95-72 win over the Adelaide 36ers in Millicent tonight.

Chris Anstey and Daryl Corletto led the scoring for the visitors with 16 points each. They were well supported by David Stiff who chipped in 14.

For the Sixers, who were missing star import Willie Farley, Dusty Rychart scored 16 and Brett Maher 14.

The match was close throughout with the Tigers unable to gain a significant advantage until a final quarter run where they were able to break the game open for the final margin.
From the Tigers.com.au site

Reply #46780 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Can't believe it. Thought I might've finally won my first "basketball" for the hard work and research put into post #643. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

Reply #46781 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Thanks for the basketball Isaac. After 643 posts, I'd like to thank my mum, my dad, my girlfriend Judy, my wife, all my former coaches ..... everyone who's inspired me over the years.

Re your quote from the Tigers' website ..... I went to the Sixers' website for their version of events but alas, there's nothing there.

Reply #46788 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Reply #46800 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Melbourne end winning streak. Losing to St. Mary's College at Sandringham overnight. Daniel Kickert had 33. I couldn't get there and I don't know if Chris Anstey played but could Kickert have had 33 on big Chris.

Reply #46879 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:38 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754