Undersized Pf
Years ago

U16 Girls Woodville

I didnt see the game but i heard a woodville U16 girl scored 58 points. Thats massive, anyone know who it was.

Topic #4026 | Report this topic

watcher  
Years ago

we can't mention u16 names here - can we?

but it would have been the state guard

i would score that many points if i had all the team's shots as well!

Reply #46783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The girls played really well. Lyn is doung a great job.I saw about half the game and was just so happy to see the team share it around and have several avenues to the hoop. every one was doing the team things and even though one girl scored 58 she still was dishing it off as well. Would love to have seen her stats. Go girls Go Lyn.

Reply #46784 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

thats missive if its true.lynne has done well to build a team thats looks like its going places.i hope all the girls stick together though the whole juniors program and win a ship.58 points.thats could make the record books.but whos cares,as long as the team won!

Reply #46786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can anyone say what number she was then

Reply #46789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it doesn't hurt to give credit where credit is due

Lynne Holland has rebuilt the junior girls at woodville and now is reaping just rewards.

Remember it was Lynne Holland that helped produced Darren Ng, Mark Fuller, Jarrod Graves and Nathan Baggott to name only four.

Well done Lynne

Reply #46791 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

that is HUGE!! well done. wat was the over all score then?

Reply #46799 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

they won by over 100 i think

Reply #46802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess they played Centrals. Well done Urs.

Reply #46803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

102-28 (i think) 9th plays 10th haha says alot about centrals ay

Reply #46860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville arent 9th or 10th...6th and outside the five by 1 game. Off the back of a narrow lost to Norwood by 2, win over West and win over North Adelaide by 12.
For the record the final score was 110 to 27. 83 point margin Centrals biggest losing margin this season...and the North win was their biggest losing margin this season.

Reply #46866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

58 points was an excellent effort...and thanks to number 12 for the 12 or so assists

Reply #46868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think all the girls played good! Just because the state girl got 58pts doesnt mean shes hell good, well it does but every player helped in someway! Well done 2 the girls again and hope u make it 2 the finals

Reply #46926 | Report this post

YES  
Years ago

GO WOODVILLE!!

Reply #46927 | Report this post

basil faulty  
Years ago

lynne is a great coach and it good to see a woodville girls team with a bit of bite.

That group have been ok for several years and lynne would be the icing on the cake for them

But many plaudits should go to Donna - who had the girls for several years in u12/14s and to kym who got the state squad girls initially interested in playing district basketball.
Donna taught those girls to play properly from 10 years old

Reply #46937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had the girls in 12/14 but got them nowhere

Reply #46940 | Report this post

basil faulty  
Years ago

hardly think 3rd one season, 4th another and runners up in A reserve at nunawading - going nowhere

Reply #46946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the team that they had should been first in those seasons. i think the credit should go to michelle kolo she did wonders with those girls

Reply #46947 | Report this post

Side Show Bob  
Years ago

The credit has to go to the girls themselves for having the dedication and determination to fight through the adversary of adolescences (Girls basketball is so different to boys). A coach has very little to do with skill development or a player improving; if that player doesn't want to improve they will simply not put in the hard work, hence not improving at all.

Reply #46949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everybody is very flattered by the positive feedback on the Under 16 Girls Group - however we are at the start of our journey and the girls need to keep themselves grounded. We are predominantly a group of 1st yr players with 2 very good 2nd years in our team. The girls have improved and will continue to do so, but need to keep grounded to enable us to achieve our long term goals.

After our girls group was depleted by a mass walk out to another club approx 6 years ago - everybody concerned has worked hard to try and rebuild - We have been on a long term plan and we are now starting to see some improvement in our girls divisions with some good players coming up the ranks - starting from Under 10's. This would not have been possible without the help of dedicated and positive coaches like Jodie Barratt and Donna Sheldon in our younger age groups, who have the same dreams and goals in mind for our girls.
All players, coaches, parents and club hierarchy have been very supportive over the past couple of years - but there is still much hard work to be done to make WDBC girls consistently competitive again.

Thanks for the positive feedback - however,we need to keep the kids focused to enable us to get our girls division back on track - but we can now see that there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
Lynne Holland

Reply #46953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOOD POINT

Reply #46954 | Report this post

What ever happened to 'that coach' that left Woodville and took the 12 best W'ville girl juniors to join the opposition club.
Did she last a season?

Reply #46969 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Heather Prior no longer coaches!

Reply #46972 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

well said Lynne

Reply #47003 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Well done to the girls, but there seems to be a lot of back-slapping over a good win against a bottom side in the minor round,
Hope the Centrals girls don't get too dis-heartened and just remember that experiencing the hard times makes success much sweeter

Reply #47033 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well said Lynne

Reply #47036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#47033) I guess you could say that the Woodville Girls side of the club has experienced quite a few of those disheartening years.

Perhaps everyone can finally see light at the end of the tunnel after many rebuilding years when one coach left and took 12 players with her.

you would have thought she wouldn't have had the nerve to turn up to Vera Craig's funeral but she did - go figure

Reply #47042 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

ill say this, the woodville girls in the next few years will be more dominant than the boys side, that is the vibe that i am getting. although our under 10 div 1 boys team are top atm. but i personally think the girls will have more teams in the finals. i hope im wrong and they r both very successful. but that is just my feeling

Reply #47045 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Let's hope Magic don't start up a girls side or you may be wrong again Killa. What is the latest on the Magic organisation?

Reply #47052 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

yeah good point, wat do ya mean by wrong again?

Reply #47054 | Report this post

what controversy  
Years ago

two steps forward one step back

if the girls are on the up - why oh why - did they appoint the u14 div 1 coach again - who walked out on the u12 div 1s part way thru season - to leave the team and club - only come back and do it again?

Lightning does strike twice.

appointing a div 1 coach straight up with no district experience was a brave call anyway.

perhaps deals were done?

Reply #47442 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:51 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754