Anonymous
Years ago

Has gliddon gone to the next level?

I've always thought of him as a solid player but now he seems to be a genuine star. His shot creation in tough situations is now a genuine threat

Topic #40270 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

stupid post gliddon is crap.

Reply #607415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why because he has been ordinary apart from the last couple of games....

Reply #607428 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Yes Mrs G , your son has definitely gone up to the next level...... just remind me ... what is the official classification of the level just above mediocre talent, inconsistent performance and unrealistic delusions of attitude ?

Reply #607455 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Gliddon is a better athlete than he gives himself credit for. He is capable of team mates throwing to up near the rim and going and getting it.
He is only just passable handling the ball, but it is his shooting that can take him to the next level. He is not a flat out shooter in that he does not take enough shots. It is not instinctive for him. He is what I would call responsible shooter.
I would like to see him shoot without thinking about it and he hits good and if he misses...next time.
He needs to add "take it to the hoop" options to round out his game.
Sort of player every coach wants....... but he needs to take more risks to go to star (winning games) level.

Reply #607559 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Gliddon is a very good basketballer, who has a very high basketball IQ. He rarely ever makes bad decisions and is a very solid shooter. He's an excellent defender, frequently holding opposition guards to well below their average scores.

He needs to elevate a little more on his jump shots, I think, and definitely could improve his handles a little, which might then give him more confidence to dive the lane, which is the biggest area of improvement he has left.

Fearne has challenged him to be more aggressive offensively, this year, which is why people might think he's gone to the ''next level''. I'd wait until he averages 18-20ppg before I'd say he's gone there.

Reply #607565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon has 1 good game and you say he's gone to the next level lol

Hes a good player but very inconsistent

Reply #607583 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Today a good case in point. How can Gladden play a half of basketball, the most minutes on his team and not take a shot? He has to stop playing so cautious and try to get involved even if it means taking the odd bad shot.

Reply #607617 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Na.. Anon 583 with the great early call..

Reply #607648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't the commentators at the pre-season tournament keep going on about how Fearne would fine him if he didn't shoot 15+ shots a game? From memory he hasn't done that all season, could be a costly year for him...

Reply #607830 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754