jumpshot
Years ago

Ex-NBA players are no match for NBL talent

Blake can't shoot and looks unsure on every drive. The defence is reading all his passes at the moment, as they know he can't shoot and can't drive. Most of the Aussie guards are better than this guy. Powell fumbles, looses his balance and falls over all the time, looks disinterested on court, and shooting 1/7 pg. The Kings are having no input from our bench. They both need to go ASAP.

Topic #40277 | Report this topic

Tempo  
Years ago

Maybe the Ex NBA players come down here because NO ONE ELSE wants them...There is a reason why no one wants them.

Blake is 36 played in the NBA for over 10 years and is here for a holiday.

When asked why he chose Aus the first thing he mentioned is he heard the weather is great over here in summer.

Reply #607608 | Report this post

Edward  
Years ago

Tempo is a sad human

Reply #607609 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

If an NBA player is demanded by an NBA team, rejects that offer and comes over and struggles, then you have a point.

Everyone that comes over here is a reject.

Reply #607610 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

No, i am not sad...i am talking FACT.

Reality is, ONLY NBA players that come here are UNWANTED by NBA teams...and there is a reason why they are UNWANTED.

Must be pretty bad if you are unwanted when you have horrid teams like the 76ers and Nets in the NBA.

Why couldnt Blake get a gig at the 76ers? They chose Sergio Rodriguez over him. Says it all.

Reply #607612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't get why some on here are campaigning so hard to 'convince' people that they're not wanted by an NBA team, it's pretty clear that an NBA team hasn't made them a decent offer otherwise they'd obviously be over there playing.

Just because they're struggling a bit atm though doesn't mean they are absolute trash players, they just need to settle and get their confidence up and play their role. IMO I kind of think it's a good thing that they don't just come here and dominate, makes the league overall look much better when established (yet declining) players come here and don't just dominate the league.

A 36yo past his prime Blake coming over and dropping 30 a game wouldn't be a great look for the league, but if he's able to become a good role player then I think it's a good thing having someone with a profile like his.

Reply #607614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sergio is a hell of a player...Tempo you have shit for brains

Reply #607615 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

No decent offer? How much is Blake getting paid here? $200k? Heck, lets say $300k

The NBA minimum is approx $1.5 mill for someone like Blake who has 10 years of service.

You telling me Blake left $1.5 mill (minimum) on the table, left his family in the U.S and decided to join the Kings for $300k MAX? LOLOLOLOLOL

He came down here for a holiday, a change of scene different country, good weather, lifestyle.

Thats the reality

Reply #607616 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Powell is averaging pretty much 10 and 5 in 19 mins at 53%. That's pretty solid. If Sydney weren't so ridiculously stacked, he'd be playing more and averaging more. This is a guy whose been an end of the bench type for the majority of his NBA career. He's not a young guy with potential, and he's not a legitimate NBA starter level player, he's a role player. He's also been out of the league since 2014.
Blake is seriously struggling, though. He's playing like a guy with nothing left to prove, who is pretty much here for a paid vacation during his semi-retirement. Which is basically the case, when you've got a guy whose spent 13 years and almost 1000 games in the NBA.
People see these guys like David Andersen, Steve Blake, Al Harrington, and expect them to come in and dominate, like they would have done at 28 years old in their prime. In their prime, they were playing big minutes in the NBA (or Europe) and earning multiple millions of dollars. And now that they're in the mid 30s, they're well past their prime and getting a contract wherever they can, before their career inevitably ends.

Reply #607618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tempo you just sound stupid, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you and I have no idea who you are even trying to argue with on this. It's clear that if he was offered an NBA contract he'd be playing in America and not for the Kings. No one on this forum is saying NBA players grow up dreaming of coming to Australia for a fraction of the pay to chase a ring down under. Other then stating the obvious with lots of capitals letters and "LOLOLs" I have no idea what you're even trying to argue.

Reply #607619 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

And really, why would the Nets or 76ers want a player like Steve Blake? They're building for the future. Sergio Rodriguez is an international veteran, who is 6 years younger than Steve Blake. He can give them that veteran presence, for more than 1 year, and can actually play some solid minutes.

Reply #607620 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

Why on earth did the 76rs sign Elton Brand at age 35 last year?

Why did the Lakers Ron Artest at 36 years of age?

You see plenty of times teams sign vets mainly for their locker room experience and help the young guys.

Blake couldnt even get that at the woeful 76ers

Reply #607621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blake would have been too good for the 76ers, they seem like they don't like having players that can help them win games lol

Reply #607622 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

We all know that Tempo is Clint Dogg

Reply #607623 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Because someone 6 years younger was available...

Reply #607624 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Oh god, this AGAIN?

Reply #607625 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Blake is being outplayed by most of the Aussie guards, but everything else Tempo said was either dumb, stupid, or a bit of both.

Reply #607662 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

I love this Tempo dude. (Mod: Moderated.) just a sad drip in society that hates on certain topics to get a rise out of everyone. He's actually bagging a man who has played 900+ NBA games, An NBA Champion who has made over $35,000,000 in his career who at 36 obviously loves the game and wants to milk every experience he can. The US is a shithole, he probably wants to move his family down here and retire in Australia with twice as much coin.

Tempo, keep stacking shelves at Gametraders nerd boy, and stay off the internet for a few weeks.

Reply #607708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh chilldress dominated here

Reply #607750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hush tempo.

Reply #607773 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Everyone that comes over here is a reject.
By that logic, so is everyone who plays here. And everyone posting on here.

Contributes nothing to the argument. Tempo, pull your head in or post elsewhere.

Reply #607783 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:33 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754