Dazz
Years ago

Damian Martin's Injury Replacement - ??????

(Feel free to chance the title when they actually sign somebody)

while we probably need another 'deactivation', i just can't see them doing it with how much of a mess our whole import situation has been so far. If it wasn't for all the drama that's already happened they probably would have done it ASAP when martin got injured.

On the other hand though, we're already turning into a bit of a laughing stock over it, what else would be have to lose by adding to the drama.
Considering we haven't gotten blown away, yet, we may persist until Kenny returns.
What's got me wondering is that they haven't rushed out and signed some local from the SBL, etc.
Seems they have been waiting for Kenny to return, and then evaluate?

I'm confident that Kenny will make us look respectable, he's an experienced competent PG. But he's not Damo, and it still leaves us exposed in the backcourt and an injury away from disaster.

Cutting Beal, that really is the gift that just keeps on giving. But moving on.

We NEED somebody to replace Damo. JJ just keeps demonstrating that we don't want him handling the ball. If he stays, he has to spend some time in the 2 spot, but we need other options. So really we need a combo guard. (But with limited options you'd settle for a decent PG, or a decent SG than can run the point when needed.)

LOCALS
Steve Markovic - Playing Summer League in Sydney
Rhys Carter - England
Everard Bartlet - Working & Coaching in NZ
Indiana Faithfull - Canberra???

Otherwise we need to cut an import.
There's a few guys I'd like to see back in the League, and presumably a few guys in the D-League who wouldn't mind a crack. Jackson is an obvious option.

Topic #40299 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Wildcats are going to stick with what they have, Gleeson has said so himself, time to accept it.

The Cats and Dolla could not come to an agreement, it happens, time to accept it.

Please no Steve Markovic, the Cats already tried Luke (Lindt Cafe) Martin, Markovic is next level from Martin.

Reply #608281 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

If Kenny is ok again then I wouldn't expect the Cats to go chasing another PG.
Time to suck it up and move on.

Reply #608290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why quote someone from another thread to start a new thread that discusses the same topic?

Reply #608292 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

You have Kenny & Hussey. Move along Dazz.

Reply #608294 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

... and Bragg.

Reply #608295 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

You have Kenny & Hussey. Move along Dazz.
-:Bitch-Slap:-

We don't (and can't) "have Kenny & Hussey" since the latter is the injury replacement for the former.

Reply #608298 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

The Wildcats are going to stick with what they have, Gleeson has said so himself, time to accept it.
Yes, I can see now why you choose to remain anonymous.

What Gleeson actually said:
We'll certainly put the antennas out in Australia and all over the place and see how we go. We certainly won't be in a rush to do anything. We're going to back the guys we've got and go from there.
We're going to have to do some adjustments as a coaching staff when we haven't got that defensive presence and leadership that Damo shows.

Any chance people could actually discuss the options, instead of just being idiots?

Reply #608299 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

One option is to work with what we have for the time being, and give that a chance to succeed.

Reply #608301 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

Because your version of a discussion is just you bickering and complaining about every aspect of the Perth Wildcats.

I think you'll find Hussey will stay on board as the injury replacement for Martin.

I guess i'm just thankful you don't run the team or it would certainly be doomed.

Reply #608302 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Reply #608305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i don't think Hussey is able to stay on is he?

Reply #608306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well in 3 games he's played less than 7 minutes total so it's hardly a big hole to fill

Reply #608307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

P.S. Love your work Ricky!

Reply #608308 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

No one cares

Reply #608311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You dazz.... the wildcats want you. But really not too many people care.

Reply #608312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tom daly is the man they should have got

Reply #608334 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Thanks Anon, really appreciate the good feedback.

Too bad we don't have like buttons for posts, its really hindering guys on here giving a general thumbs up I think.

Reply #608344 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

I too like Tom Daly

Reply #608345 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ricky is one of the few good things about hoops.com.au

Reply #608357 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

*thumbs up*

Reply #608359 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

@PerthWildcats · 25 minutes ago

Given the Wildcats injury situation, the NBL has cleared Jackson Hussey to play this round, despite Kenny's return.

So ... what was that about a "bitch slap" earlier?

Reply #608392 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

My Aunty knows Tom Daly, FWIW

Reply #608395 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Haha, I love how you just throw "FWIW' on the end there, as if that's not a major game-changer.

Reply #608399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleason will stick with what he's got till Damo gets back.

Reply #608401 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Massive game changer Luuuc

Reply #608405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny + Bragg = 35:38, 12 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, 4 turnovers.

"We NEED somebody to replace Damo"

We sure do Dazz. Our situation is super desperate.

Reply #608535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bragg was a nice pick up

Reply #608539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Props for that comic too!

Reply #608540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We sure do Dazz. Our situation is super desperate."

Well to be fair, before this game (when the thread and discussion started) we were desperate. Martin gone, uncertainty around Kenny, Wroe had been very average and now injured, Hussey didn't show a lot, and Bragg hadn't shown much yet either. I don't think anyone this week felt confident in the cats PG situation. It's easy to come back here after a game and troll and say how someone was wrong. I don't think anyone expected the performance and output we got from Kenny/Bragg tonight.

Reply #608546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bragg was a nice surprise but many of us were saying that Kenny would improve the team. Not because of his output but because he is a starting-quality NBL point guard, something the Cats haven't had for the past two and a half games.

The "trolling" is directed at people who were saying haha so good so see the Cats crumbling.

Reply #608555 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

#Braggsanity is coming

Reply #608572 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

This thread was a waste of time & bandwidth right from the start.

Reply #608574 | Report this post

Farrison Hord  
Years ago

Dem feels when Dazz is completely wrong.

:)

Reply #608575 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

... but I'll pay #Braggsanity

Reply #608576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just sign Tre Nicholls & be done with it.

Reply #608578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754