Dazz
Years ago

Sydney Kings v Wildcats - Sat 19th 7:30pm AESST

Well Perth's solid win last night has hopefully sparked interest in this game. Sydney deserve to be favourites at home, but it should still be a great game. Hopefully the game didn't take too much out of McKay, and he can increase his minutes.

I think Sydney got rattled early, interesting to see how they fare on their home court.

Anyone know what ticket sales are like?
Taking on the reigning champions, in a "top of the table" clash, both the Kings and the NBL need this to be massive.

Topic #40311 | Report this topic

LV  
Years ago

Sydney can't afford to get beaten up inside the paint again. Have some pride boys! Fight like mad Lions.

If they bring an extra 10% intensity compared to last night, they win. The crowd will help there.

Reply #608806 | Report this post

uncle jimmy  
Years ago

I cant wait for both teams to be at full strength and go at it.

Reply #608811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney will win with ease. Perth got a great start and didn't look back, without the home town behind them will be much more flat. Kings get rolling and it could be a blow out.

Reply #608815 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

The athleticism of the Wildcats made the difference on Friday, added by Matty Knight's strong rebounding.

Expect the same with, hopefully, McKay recovering from his illness and contributing fully. That would be awesome.

Reply #608816 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Perth will undoubtedly try to do the same thing they did on Thu night, i.e. crash the offensive board, attack as close to the paint as possible, push as fast as they can in transition after defensive rebound and try their luck whenever they get open looks when ahead in the scores. Gee... that sounded like what most coaches would want their players to do... funny that...

IMO, Deano going to have a lot on his plate trying to nail defensive tactics and matchups. Maric, Powell and Whittington need to step up more. Cadee was absolute rubbish Thursday, didn't focus harder on defence with his 0 pt offence. If he's AWOL again on offense I'd be in favour of benching him for Prewster.

Hill also didn't get any playing time, I'm wondering why Gaze persists with Garlepp all the time because of his supposed 'offensive' ability off the bench. So far this season when you need Garlepp to fire, he's came up duds or his offense made minimal impact. Take a gamble with Hill more often I reckon, there were some situation where he'd be a better defensive presence and may even provide offence on par with what Garlepp could produce.

Reply #608825 | Report this post

good front court vs good back court could go either way but I think the kings bounce back. wildcats will be satisfied after friday night but kings will be fired up and out for sweet revenge in front of the home fans.

Reply #608826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings back in the pack if they loose this one, should win though. Cadee has to get back to early season form and Blake has to show more at both ends. Should be great game be interesting to see how many people turn up.

Reply #608831 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Blake is rubbish. Perth by 10, and will show Kings they need to improve and get rid Blake after this game.

Reply #608842 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's an interesting one. While we speak of Perth's backcourt being weakened, if you look at their perimeter trio of Prather, Johnson and Kenny it is very capable. If they get contributions from Bragg and Kernich-Drew again they can make this a real ball game.

It's been a season of bouncing back after losses though, the Kings will defend better than they did on Thursday, and you'd hope for their sake they'll be tougher in the paint.

Reply #608845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Expecting Kings to probably win, but hopefully Cats put up good fight. No doubt the Kings will come out fired up and ready to redeem themselves, but the cats will come out full of confidence that they can win this. Should be a good game.

Reply #608852 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

contain the others, newly and lisch will do what they will do what they do. Johnson is the key, if he plays well we tend to be be more of a threat. Perth win this then it sets them up for the rest of the season.

Reply #608854 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

Kings wont turn up flat again

Reply #608860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for those that didn't know, sportsbet have a promo on this game: Double your winnings on a big win/little win bet as a bonus bet up to $50

Current odds:
$2.70 Kings 1-10
$2.80 Kings 11+
$4.00 Wildcats 1-10
$7.00 Wildcats 11+

Reply #608861 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Kings 11+ is juicy

Reply #608863 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

So glad to see Mayberry in Adelaide. At least he won't be screwing the Kings tonight

Reply #608889 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

I'm a Red fan in a Purple crowd tonight. Hope we pull it out but don't like our chances of doing it again.

Reply #608940 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Terms and Conditions

4. This offer excludes NSW, SA & WA residents.

:/

Reply #608943 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Sydney screwed them selves Thursday night! as Lv says day light only lasts for so long.

Reply #608950 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Need Wagstaff to start cooking! if Allen is in charge, we will get ripped. 'll needs Sydney and Melbourne to fire to try and get interest back and the ratings.

I would love to see those teams succeed, then you know the nbl will be strong.

Reply #608955 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Kings get this one comfortably.
They only lost in Perth because WA doesn't have daylight savings.

Reply #608962 | Report this post

BBall analysis``  
Years ago

Look for the Perth boys to use the "lemon" call to alert the weak side man of an incoming switch.

Reply #608966 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Kings fans, your pre game entertainment is comically shit

Reply #608970 | Report this post

BBall analysis``  
Years ago

I love Cadee's upside. Look for Cadee to use the crab dribble stutter step to break down the high trap and kick it two the 2-man coming of a tight V-cut from the elbow.

Reply #608971 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

don't understand why no one expects Perth to win tonight? on top, Martin is the captain, but he ain't there and won't be there all season. we got the balls and the team to win tonight!

red army keep the faith! pressure on Sydney not us

Reply #608972 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

If the Kings get physically dominated like in WA, I reckon Gazey needs to try something different.
Bench Cadee & Blake.
Try Newley in the 2.
Use Hill instead of Garlepp.
If the bigs can't rebound, give Moller a crack - kid can rebound.

In other words, don't give guys minutes based on reputation, base it on effort.

Effort = Results. Just ask the Cats : )

Reply #608973 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

@TimberBall If you're referrring to the Bullets vs. 36ers stream then I'd agree with the shit part but nothing funny when you wanna watch a different game and they forced you to watch the blowout ending of another game... NBL TV need to think of a way to separate the streaming.

Reply #608974 | Report this post

BBall analysis``  
Years ago

Truly a mouth-watering clash!

Reply #608977 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

@SteveK2, I'm at the game and everything about the pre game build up is cringeworthy. 4000 kids with free tix in the crowd. Why does no one wear kings colours?

Reply #608978 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

@Air Delay I like your thinking :). Exactly what I've wanted to see out of Gaze. His inexperience is starting to show in terms of being predictable and slow to react to opposing coaches' tactics.

I wanna see a starting line-up of Lisch, Newley, Whittington, Powell and Maric. Shake things up, bring in Hill to sub for either Powell or Maric, or depending on match-up bring in Moller.

Reply #608979 | Report this post

Brutal Game  
Years ago

Purple is a colour that should never be worn by a male sports team.

Reply #608980 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Colour clash IMO.

And Knight shouldnt be able to wear a black undershit..especially with dark purple opposition shirts. Red is too close to the purple.

Reply #608982 | Report this post

BBall analysis``  
Years ago

Sydney are rocking and rolling! Newley's slashing and finishing ability are truly top shelf. Expect Perth to make adjustments very soon.

Reply #608984 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Not sure if I like the Cadee Blake combo on D...
Kings starting well though.
Whittington has been HOT!

Reply #608985 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Bragg picking up where he left off on Friday. Earning his keep at both ends.

Reply #608988 | Report this post

BBall analysis``  
Years ago

Wasteful couple of minutes from Sydney. Yes Bragg is already a very useful player who makes defenders look like they are stuck in mud.

Reply #608992 | Report this post

uncle jimmy  
Years ago

Sydney needs to be worried. Perth just starting to dominate without Knight, Prather or any of their stars going off .

Reply #608993 | Report this post

BBall analysis``  
Years ago

Why do Sydney sell Harding singlets? Is he a DP or 13th man type guy? I have never seen him play.

Reply #608994 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

The Kings with so many scoring threats. Blake's now starting to find his shooting range too

Reply #608996 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Dexter, Wagstaff, Johnson need to start shooting the 3 balls! if they keep it under 10 3rd quarter in with a chance.

lisch been to quite for my liking, going to step up for sure.

Reply #608997 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Lisch hasn't started yet, that should worry the cats. Cats starting to push the tempo like Thursday and it's working...why didn't we start that way???

Reply #608998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bragg has been talking himself upp...

Reply #608999 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Johnson is very inconsistent. When he is shooting well the cats look so much more dangerous. On nights like tonight with JJ quiet they dont have any punch from the perimeter. He hasn't been an upgrade over Beal thus far

Reply #609000 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Darcy Harding is a DP for the Kings. Only got 1 min play time this season so far, at the end of a blowout.

Reply #609001 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Im glad JJ has been listening to me. Showing more aggression and knocking down a three this third quarter

Reply #609004 | Report this post

BBall analysis``  
Years ago

Thanks Steve2. Real game of runs at the moment.

Reply #609005 | Report this post

BBall analysis``  
Years ago

Sydney still struggling to get good looks when Perth show them zone.

Reply #609007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matty with a big 3 then charge!

Reply #609013 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

Bye bye Perth

Reply #609014 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

... and then some Gleeson floggery sets the scene for 2 daggers.
That'll do it.

Reply #609015 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

disgusting two minutes from the cats there

Reply #609016 | Report this post

BBall analysis``  
Years ago

Costly technical on Gleeson. Perth were gathering momentum until he was T'd up.

Reply #609017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol well done Gleeson, absolute flog, Clippers of the NBL

Reply #609018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ffs

Reply #609019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone else find the sydney announcer really annoying?

Reply #609020 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Ouch

Reply #609021 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Doesn't look good for Knight, could be season over for Perth.

Reply #609022 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

Looks like Knight has done his shoulder

Reply #609023 | Report this post

uncle jimmy  
Years ago

Knight looks like it could be season over. Not a fan of perth but wow they are cursed this season with innjuries

Reply #609024 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Ouch I can tell from Knight's face how that felt, I've popped the old shoulder and its not fun folks.

Reply #609025 | Report this post

uncle jimmy  
Years ago

Looks like another dislocation of his shoulder

Reply #609026 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Gleeson: "What's the tech for?" Ref (thinking) "Because you're a dickhead"

Good to see Powell come to play tonight

Reply #609027 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

injury-riddled title defense seasons: three times in a row for the Cats now. It's legit a theme: 2010/11, 2014/15 and now 2016/17

Reply #609028 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Damo and Knight injured again. What were the odds.

Reply #609029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Odds were pretty good

Reply #609030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth now crancking up their defence when the game is over

Reply #609031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can Brad Rosen just f**k off. Man he is a shocking commentator.

Reply #609032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The three muppets helping the kings all night

Reply #609033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tbh I've found them commentators in this game to be annoyingly trying to push the NBL onto the viewers and try to convince them how good the league is

Reply #609034 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Sydney 11+ gets it done

Spewing I didn't put it in my multi

Reply #609035 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Uggh, just when things are looking up for Perth, that injury to Knight will be costly.
McKay and Brandt need to really find something now, or the Cats need to go shopping for a new import. Barely know which way to turn at the moment. F@#%!

Game was ok, good game by the Kings, predictable result. Once they got their tails up, they were going to be hard to beat at home. Just a little disappointed in the way Perth fell away in the last quarter, especially when the points split could become a factor. Good to see a mini run towards the end though. (Loss of Knight obviously a factor, and could render the split moot.)

Reply #609036 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

So many times the cats controlled the tempo in that second half but committed stupid turnovers and couldn't quite get the lead. Gleesons tech just opitimised the cats poor second half.

Credit to the Kings though they shut down Prather well. So many weapons they deserve to be favourites

Reply #609037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stupid refs. If Hire says the ball wasnt out of him he should be believed! Respected man in the league unlike some.

Reply #609038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs are so bias against Perth

Reply #609040 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah they contained Prather well, and that alone is about half the battle in keeping us down.

Reply #609041 | Report this post

Tempo  
Years ago

Refs bias against Perth? lol

Perth had 21 fts to 7

Reply #609043 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Free throw count :

Perth

daylight

Kings

Reply #609044 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The technical was on Knight, not Gleeson.

Reply #609046 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Gleeson is a flog.

Reply #609049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course the refs in Perth never help them. Mike you didn't put in your multi and no one cares.
Dazz is still a dickhead. Nothing's changed
"Perth now crancking up their defence when the game is over." How is that even possible?
Time for Knight to retire.

Reply #609052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Of course the refs in Perth never help them.
Mike you didn't put in your multi and no one cares.
Dazz is still a dickhead. Nothing's changed
"Perth now crancking up their defence when the game is over." How is that even possible?
Time for Knight to retire."

Personally I find the refs aren't intimidated by the Perth crowd and sometimes seem like they even like the negative reaction.

You seem salty Mike won and you didn't

I don't see anything wrong with what Dazz said

He meant the 'games over' as in the Cats can't win it from that point because of the margin... idiot

Knight is a gun, just been unlucky with injuries

Reply #609060 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Knight is an awesome player, but even as a Kings fan I cringe every time he hits the court.

Entertaining game, and Perth fought hard to keep themselves in it. Good to see Blake find the bottom of the net a few times and Powell getting a steady diet of post feeds. Newley is world class going to the basket, too. Some of his finishes... wow.

Some more good minutes by Bragg tonight for Perth - definitely think he's destined to be the next Weeks. A couple of mistakes at the end of his court time, but that's to be expected.

Reply #609067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knight has been "unlucky" with injuries since his AIS days. That's not unlucky. Mike lost BTW.
Clearly you know nothing about betting.

Reply #609068 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

C'mon people ... that's 3 posts that have misinterpreted "Spewing I didn't put it in my multi"

Reply #609070 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

‏@OlgunUluc

"Matthew Knight walked out of the arena with his left arm in a sling. Doesn't look good for the @PerthWildcats big-man"

Reply #609071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth dosent need a big to replace Knight because Brandt, Mckay, Wagstaff and redhage are more then enough . they need a pure 2 guard.Someone who can break defences down off the dribble. Kenny, Martin and Bragg are more then enough at the 1.I would look at someone who can penetrate and be a secondary playmaker/passer.

Reply #609088 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Shame for Knight. I like him, the ultimate quiet achiever and has been having a great season

But surely this is karma for all those wankers who've been kicking United while they're down and claiming Barlow doesn't count as an injury, for some incomprehensible set of mysterical reasons

Reply #609098 | Report this post

Brutal Game  
Years ago

LV you are a sick and twisted POS.

Reply #609101 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Meh, a lot of people were sick and twisted and kicking United when they had 3 players out. By making up some BS about why 3 equals 2. Like we're living in a Matrix or something.

Perth might be fine, you never know. They are the Cats, after all.

Reply #609104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this forum is just full of retards isn't it?

just so much drivel and bullshit

Reply #609107 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Wow LV

Just wow

Reply #609115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So it's Knight's fault that all those people were kicking United when they were down? What a stupid thing to say LV.

Reply #609120 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

No no, it's Karma against all the imbicilic fans who w making fun of other teams injur

Reply #609124 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

How many beers had you downed when you made that karma comment LV? I'd blame it on the alcohol and move on!

Reply #609126 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

LV - Your just full of BS! Ironic that you are calling others wankers when your being one yourself.

Reply #609127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV is almost as big a wanker as Dazz. These two tards make Koberulz look like Steve Kerr.

Reply #609128 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754