LC
Years ago

Hollywood movie deal for Delly's story!

Matthew Dellavedova will have a feature film created about his life and basketball career, according to his his Australian manager, Bruce Kaider, and Olgun Uluc of FOX Sports.

Delly's basketball journey hits the silver screen

Who should play Delly?

Topic #40326 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Straight to Betamax.

Reply #609562 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

I hope we win an Olympic medal in the movie!
might be a close as we ever get to experience that.

Reply #609567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skinny Jonah Hill to get this role. Or Mac Miller.

Reply #609590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hugh Jackman finished his role as wolverine so that he could play outback Jesus.

Reply #609599 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

Denzel Washington

Reply #609603 | Report this post

Ricky D  
Years ago

If its just based on a true story, he could theoretically win Finals MVP, Olympic Gold and become Prime Minister.

Reply #609605 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Jackie Chan's toughest role yet..

Reply #609607 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Theon Greyjoy From 'Game Of Thrones' - especially when Delly was at Saint Mary's.

Reply #609611 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

'Straight to Betamax.'

lololol

Reply #609629 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Seth Rogan

Reply #609640 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

He could eve play himself in parts of the movie, that would be awesome!

I think this is great news and just so deserving of a guy who puts it all on the line every game and wears his heart on his sleeve for his country...

Just to confirm, it is Hollywood, not Bollywood, right?

Because I can see Bing Lee playing him :)

Reply #609659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I think this is great news and just so deserving of a guy who puts it all on the line every game and wears his heart on his sleeve for his country..."

There are hundreds if not thousands of athletes who fit this mould. Do they deserve movies?

This is a step too far for Dellymania.

Reply #609660 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Who gives a flying pig's arse what you think anon!

Victorian Country lad who was never supposed to be spoken about in the same sentence with NBA legends winds up being a college hero, NBA champion, gains the respect of fans, peers and coaches, creates his own piece of history and plenty of media hype with his tough and tenacious play and all you can do is say he is like thousands of others...

Name them, you goose!

Reply #609666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you need a tissue, and I don't mean for your tears.

"who was never supposed to be spoken about in the same sentence with NBA legends "

And he still isn't! Just calm down, there is no question he's done extremely well for himself but his life story is not worthy of a movie.

Reply #609669 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Obviously there are many people in positions of importance that don't agree with you. What do you have against him?

Plenty of 30/30 films made about American kids who have done well coming from ghettos or amazing stories from all kinds of sporting backgrounds, so why not one from an amazing kid from down under?

I think it's great, you don't, I think Trump is a clown, you probably believe every word he says.

So be it...

Reply #609671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm saying his life story is not worthy of a movie. Why are you taking that so personally?

"Plenty of 30/30 films..."

So make a 30/30 then. This is a movie, not a documentary.

"I think Trump is a clown, you probably believe every word he says."

Wow, that was the worst retort I have a ever heard. You're a dickhead.

Reply #609672 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Ha finally, I got to you, now you know how it feels when someone is being an internet troll.

Of course I could have let it go, I just wanted to defend Delly.

Also, I am allowed to have an opinion, you started this by quoting some of my words and trying to put your opinion in over the top of mine.

Glad you agree he is worthy of a 30/30 film, I actually think that would be great also, but if they want to make it a feature movie I would happily watch either one...

Reply #609674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I just wanted to defend Delly."

Except I wasn't criticising him...if you think me saying his life story isn't worthy of a movie is trolling, maybe stay off a forum where people share their opinions.

Reply #609675 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Or we could all just wait until you have named those hundreds, or thousands of athletes you consider worthy of their own movie first, like your opinion is the only one that matters...

Reply #609677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um that isn't what I said. Seriously man, try and wipe the cum out of your eyes before posting about Delly.

Why are you going to such stupid lengths to defend him even when nothing bad was said about him?

Reply #609678 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Ok Shane, settle down and leave Bear alone now.

I'm sure you too can get a movie about your rise to glory, and then losing it all.

While at it perhaps movies about Lauren and Penny, Andrew and Joe can also get a pitch to an executive or three.

Reply #609682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be hard to make a 30 for 30 if there isn't documentary type footage taken over the last few years.

Reply #609683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear has a lot of footage from when he hid in the bushes out the front of his house.

Reply #609684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like another anon troll has been carved up and served.

Reply #610095 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

According to today's Age, SBS On Demand will be showing a film about Delly and the Boomers from today

Reply #861433 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Yes, it was shown on TV yesterday and now available on SBS on Demand. I just watched it and it has great background on the veteran Boomers. Very insightful.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1916929603935/green-for-gold-the-boomers-documentary

Reply #861439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I enjoyed it, the Simmons next up for Australia was out of date though.

Reply #861446 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754