Train
Years ago

Wildcats Vs Hawks Sun 28th Nov

Hawks finding some form with recent wins against Breakers and 36ers.

Wildcats injury problems continue with Brandt and Prather both leaving training with ankle injuries.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/33324078/wildcat-brandt-sidelined-at-training-with-ankle-injury/#page1

What the hell are these guys doing during their training sessions?

Knight is expected to return and play through the pain.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/33324078/wildcat-brandt-sidelined-at-training-with-ankle-injury/#page1

Topic #40335 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandt and Prather injurewd their ankles. Prather in doubt and Brandt most likely sitting. No Knight, no Brandt, no Martin and Prather in doubt. Hawks by 20

Reply #609892 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Johnson to score 30+, Wildcats by 2.

Reply #609898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandt & Prather are just another couple of typical Wildcats injury fakers. This type of behaviour can run through a team like a (non-fake) virus.
Sunday will probably also see Lachy Reid fake a sore throat, Wilbur fake being an actual cat and a couple of the cheerleaders shaking their fake boobs.

Reply #609904 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Hawks haven' won in Perth in how long? Could this be it?

Reply #609912 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

No games on a Friday night tonight... are we celebrating Thanksgiving too now or something.

Reply #609915 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I'm going on Sunday.
Will be on the lookout for Dazz.
Cats by 5

Reply #609919 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm going on Sunday too.
Will be on the lookout for a large "Gleeson's a Flog!" banner.

Reply #609922 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Listen out for the guy screaming "Maggots" at the top of his lungs, about 20 times a quarter.
I'm in the row in front.

Reply #609925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully the Hawks belt the shit out of the cats. Would be a perfect.

Reply #609926 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Perth's injury list just keeps growing and yet despite of it all they still sit second and split with the Kings and gave the Kings a run in Sydney.

Having said that the dam wall burst sooner or later and their brave resistance will give way to a losing streak. You can only cover so many holes at once.

Reply #609929 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

"Sunday will probably also see Lachy Reid fake a sore throat, Wilbur fake being an actual cat and a couple of the cheerleaders shaking their fake boobs."

So both Lachy's and Wibur's boobs are fake ?

Reply #609933 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Hey Ricky,

Nothing worse than rushing home from the Brewpub on a Friday evening so you can watch the game only to find the game isn't on!

Reply #609936 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Its going to depend on who's fit.
If Knight and Prather play, Perth will win.

Reply #609937 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Home cooking by 3

Reply #609986 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol, I'm making up a Gleeson is a flog sign as I type.

Hope it makes the TV broadcast

Reply #609999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #610003 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

^^^ awesome

Reply #610004 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Posts in this thread appear to have been lost due to data corruption. Sorry.

Reply #610089 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

No great loss ;)

Reply #610090 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"So, maybe I was Wrong about the Arch-Bishop's Bottom..."

That was one butt-ugly game, and not just cos we lost. Full credit to the Hawks, they played a tough and consistent game. Cats were just bleah, and TOO many passengers.
We've got too many "role players" and leave far too much resting on Knight & Prather. Our defence is good, but not great without Damo, and that makes it hard to win with only a couple of scorers.
DKD had an off game, that's gonna happen with a youngster.
JJ too, he's just so inconsistent.
Hire is becoming even less of a scoring threat, he was a complete goose-egg today.
Redhage needs to Retire.

And yeah, so far this season Wroe has been disappointing, whilst Bragg has been a revelation Sure, a game's not likely to turn on the 11th man, but why play Wroe over Bragg, especially when we're getting plastered?

Reply #610093 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Great win by the Hawks! Cats need an import scorer that can shoot consistently from the perimeter.

Reply #610094 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Gleeson is without a doubt the worst coach in the league. That loss is all on him, Wroe playing over Bragg? Forgetting that Illawarra can hit 3s!!! Can we sack him yet?

Reply #610096 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Surely Dazz we need to address the elephant in the room - Gleeson is a tosser and has the coaching ability of a soiled toddlers nappy! Cats fans need to be worried. Five straight games on the road in January could put a massive sent to that Finals record. If Marvin is smart, he puts Nielsen in charge if the Cats get the wobbles interstate

Reply #610097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Perth should deactivate JJ again.

Reply #610098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure about all the pressing Perth did. Led to lots of mismatches which weren't necessarily exposed immediately but made rebounding more difficult and they killed us off those. Don't think we got one turnover off the press so not too sure it was positive

Reply #610099 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Gleeson seems to have a good game plan for the start of games, but has no idea what to do when it starts to go against him.

Reply #610100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going off twitter, expect Illawarra to take the rest of the season off after winning their championship tonight.

Reply #610105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they should be happy. They hadn't won in that feral place for years and to keep making big shot after big shot to shut up the crowd every time it looked like the Cats were going to make the run everyone expected them too. Every ball fan outside of wa is happy with this result and the way it played out. Best believe that.

Reply #610106 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Great win HAWKS.Now we are rolling.Good to see Rotnei & Aj starting to play to there ability.Great games from Timmy Coenraad.Norton,Kay,Martin.Hawks showed if you shut down Prather & im a faker (Knight)which they did after the first qrt Wildcats are going to struggle to put points on the board.Hawks are sharing the scoring which Bevo is pleased about and when Hawks are shooting the 3 ball well there a tough team to beat.

Reply #610107 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Ive always liked the offensive ball movement of bevo coached teams. This season he has more players that can knock down the open shot. The Hawks are looking like a very dangerous side. If it wasn't for some poor turnovers in the last quarter they should have won by more today.

Reply #610108 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

^^^ Agree with shutting down Prather. Its a real problem when opposing teams are comfortable sagging off the three point line to clog the keyway.

Reply #610111 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Gleeson tends to coach to a plan, and most often it works. Even when we're down, he sticks to a modified plan, and mostly it works. His ability to "see the big picture" ie the whole game, is what has won us two rings.

Unfortunately when things don't go according to plan, it looks bad.
Wroe v Bragg is but one typical example. He considers Wroe to be more experienced and dependable, so he gets the minutes. Had we won, it would have been a good game plan.
Simple fact is that too many players were off their games today. Had any one of those stepped up, it would have been a different result.

The Problem is that if you look at the Cats as a team wanting to win another ring, then two of their imports just aren't up to scratch. (Even though they are probably on par or better than half the league.) Hopefully that will change. Last year Prather went from being an ornament to MVP. If JJ and McKay can improve their consistency, things could look a lot better.

And lets not forget what a massive hole Damo leaves. With JJ's foibles, we're relying on BOTH Damo and Kenny to play big minutes and carry the backcourt. With Damo in, JJ plays 20~25 minutes and splits his time between the 2 and 3. Without Damo, he's playing mostly in the 2, with Hire and SR bakcing up the 3.

Reply #610112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather looked a bit flat tonight

Reply #610113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Relax dazz your breaking this game down now as though it's all doom and gloom. Welcome to the reality of the nbl anyone can and most likely will beat anyone. Perth no matter how much you wish are not exempt. The hawks were fantastic today at making silencer upon silcener it happens. That Martin 3 was huge.

Reply #610114 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Where have I said its "doom and gloom"???

It was ugly, we lost at home to one of the worst teams in the league, and it happened because (A) we don't have Damo, and (B) too many players had "off games". As I said, it happens.
Had any one of those guys stepped up and had a decent game it would have been a different result.

Reply #610116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought JJ and McKay did their job today. Kenny and wroe were disappointing though. First game where you really wished marto was back

Reply #610117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not doom and gloom yet your timing for the redhage should fake a career ending injury thread says otherwise. Your all passion no brains dazz.

Reply #610122 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"This season he has more players that can knock down the open shot."

I think last year's Hawks team probably had more shooters with Penney and Lisch on board!

Reply #610123 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

1. I couldn't find Dazz
2. The atmosphere at Perth arena is still epic
3. My Gleeson is a flog sign was confiscated by security before the tipoff
4. Aside from the opening 5 minutes when the cats were hot and full of beans they stank
5. Gleeson is a genuine liability
6. Kenny isn't anywhere near up to it. No ring with this dude running the offence.
7. Loved what the Hawks dished up tonight.
8. The f&$k is Knight missing layups down the stretch. Hopeless.

Reply #610124 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sorry to hear about the sign. It would have been pretty appropriate today.

A few of the rotations left me scratching my head today.
Regardless, the Hawks deserved that one. They stayed mentally tough, which they've failed to do over here recently, and did a good job of taking away our transition game.
Nice to see Jesse find his outside shot at least. One of few positives.

Reply #610129 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

That sign would've been hilarious. Not a good showcase of Wildcats basketball tonight

Reply #610130 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

"DON'T MOVE".

Oh, the drama!

Cats are staring down the barrel right now.

Reply #610131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson looks like a moody middle aged woman that works at the school canteen. And she has had enough of the naughty kids who steal lollies.

Reply #610136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rebounds and free throws, you need them to win games and the cats didn't get or make enough.

A bit disappointed the unbiased crowd here aren't jumping up and down over the JJ charge like they were the Jerome Randle one...

If the ref's paid as much attention to the actual no charge line as they did the imaginary one Gleeson (A+ flog tonight) was meant to stand behind maybe games would be better.

Reply #610138 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

time to think about a rebuilding, as much as I love the player's that have built and sustained success, it's time for a new generation of player's to step in.

damo, knight redhage throw in hire and Wagstaff and Kenny. great player's done there deed for the club.

start Dexter, bragg and need some imports to score. still don't understand why they don't play more minutes, sick of the rotation crap.

Perth were rolling and he benched the guys to have a rest? I would love to have a job to work half a day and get paid for a full days work.

Reply #610139 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

^^^ completely agree

Perth got off to a flyer and scored ~20 in the first 5 minutes.
Gleeson basically benched the starters, brought on the B team and they scored bugger all over the rest of the qtr. Worse than that they lost momentum and the hot players (Knight & Prather) went cold. TBH, if wagstaff hadn't made those shots they would've lost by 15.

Reply #610140 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Not doom and gloom yet your timing for the redhage should fake a career ending injury thread says otherwise.
Are you actually mentally challenged?
Whether Redhage plays on, plays more minutes, or less, will not make a huge amount of difference to the overall results. I mean sure, if we had Motum lined up to replace him, but reality is we'd be looking at Walker or somebody similar.
And where did I suggest he "Fake" anything? FFS. If the guy was in perfect health, we obviously wouldn't be having this conversation.

Reply #610142 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

time to think about a rebuilding, as much as I love the player's that have built and sustained success, it's time for a new generation of player's to step in.
damo, knight redhage throw in hire and Wagstaff and Kenny. great player's done there deed for the club.
start Dexter, bragg and need some imports to score. still don't understand why they don't play more minutes, sick of the rotation crap.
Wow, and people think I'm doom & gloom.
It will be interesting to see how the season pans out. If JJ & McKay get into their stride, and we get Damo back, we could yet be a 'ship threat.

But yes, come the end of the season, I think we will see some significant questions asked.

Perth were rolling and he benched the guys to have a rest? I would love to have a job to work half a day and get paid for a full days work.
Yeah, it looks bad when we lose, but it mostly works.

Look, we stank today, it happens. We need some of the guys to lift and get more consistent, so this doesn't happen too often.

Reply #610143 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Team is getting old, injuries. Every game not just yesterday, 28 game season and your best player's seem to be warming the bench to long.

Reply #610145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wroe is a big liability right now. I think you bite the bullet and play Bragg instead of him.

Reply #610147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz you mentally challenged moron. You wrote a thread about Teague and it's perhaps time for a season ending injury. Now you are actually employing there that he fakes it OR you just wish him to have one... either way you my good sir are an idiot. Stand by the shit you write don't back track now your so far behind as is.

Reply #610151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you didn't mean for him to fake it and he isn't currently inured then why the quotations? You're a true muppet dazz, if you didn't flood this site with your crap people wouldn't even bother relying to this silliness

Reply #610174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo made a crucial adjustment after the embarrassing first five minutes.

Realising that individually that the Hawks couldn't defend or outrebound a state league team ( or watching 100000 NBA tapes and not seeing a full court press)Bevo switched to a zone.

Not your regular NBL zone though. It was more like the local comp style. The one where you just stand around and hope that the opposition misses more than they make.

Perth (bar Wagstaff)obliged and the rest is history.

That interaction between Gleeson, the ref and the imaginary line that Gleeson could not cross, well apparently he could if he squatted but I digress, was an embarrassment for all involved.

Reply #610192 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

I was just surprised the ref didn't give him a tech.

Reply #610194 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

It concerns me that McKay spent so much time on the bench. In his 19 mins he went 4-4FG, 4 rebounds, 3 Steals, 3 Blocks and zero turnovers. Especially when the team was getting owned on the boards I can't understand why he was hardly used in the last 3 quarters.

Cats need to be more consistent from behind the arc. Johnson and DKD in particular had a bunch of wide open shots that didn't even look close to going in. If they can't hit the 3, teams all over the NBL are going to Zone Perth.

Reply #610195 | Report this post

Kapten  
Years ago

Wildcats were too hesitant to shoot the three ball, esp Kenny.

The Scrub that is C.Wroe needs to be sacked. hasn't done anything worthy of a Wildcats PG role in his career to date.

Reply #610197 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Wroe is a DP, isn't he? Why the hate? Give the guy a break. He may not ever be a starting calibre point guard; he's still only just turned 24.
Maybe Perth would be better off with Mason Bragg as a DP. There's always next year.

Reply #610200 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

It's like both Perth and Kings don't want the top spot. Just playing crap and blowing games right now.

Reply #610210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some over reacting here! Gleeson ran with his starters 4/5 until the 3.5 min mark from memory, fact is the run was over by then.

The Offence is a mess, less pointing and thinking and more doing, too many guys worried about where they should be not taking what the defence gives them.

If I was the cats i would be mentioning to the league that the play most weekends in perth and over east thing instead of home games and away swings may need to change, it is a ridiculously unfair burden and is taking it's toll on the players.

the home team should not be arriving in the state after he away team.

Reply #610251 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Bevo was one of the guests on the NBL Nation podcast tonight, discussing the Perth game & the play of Coenraad, Clarke & Norton. Also mentioned that Harris is likely to be back for this coming round.

https://soundcloud.com/user-540849461

Reply #610402 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754