Shaggy
Years ago

Exum playing time

I've noticed that Dante Exum's minutes seem to have dropped across the past couple of games (today's effort against the Hawks saw him play only 5 minutes).

Is he on the way out at the Jazz?

Topic #40340 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Got minutes when Hill was out, but last couple of games have been much lower. Mack has been played more, plus Neto hasn't been completely ignored either.

Reply #609993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They won't be moving on from a number 5 pick that quickly in the scheme of things. It's a long season, Snyder will be constantly trying to find something that works. Not great for Dante that they smashed the Hawks without him being required though.

Reply #609997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I am Dante i would ask for a trade.
Go to another nba team where you would
be a starter and get appreciated.

Reply #610000 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

When he was drafted it was well advertised that he needed development, then he had a severe injury, I think you guys are jumping the gun here...

Reply #610001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jamal Murray and Brandon Ingram are getting
plenty of playing time with their teams and they are only 19.

Dante is 21 and using the excuse that he is young
and needs development with minimal court time is just BS.

Reply #610002 | Report this post

je  
Years ago

Probably no need to panic yet. He's shown marked improvement on the offensive end compared to his rookie season. Remember that this is effectively his second playing season as a professional.

Even though he has clearly worked a lot on his handle and aggressiveness, I think Snyder still gives a lot of the backup PG minutes to Mack because he doesn't fully trust Exum's skills yet.

We can only hope he continues to improve and develop under Utah's coaching staff. I actually think the AIS/CoE bear some responsibility for these current struggles. The fact is Exum came into the league with a very low offensive skills base. His handle was (and to a large extent still is) very loose, he had limited to no dribble moves, his shot was slow and mechanical, and overall struggled to create his own shot against a set defense. The AIS/CoE has arguably never had a guard prospect with a better physical profile and star potential than Exum, but they didn't maximise that potential with proper skills development.

Reply #610005 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Jazz are in win-now mode. Hill has been a beast and Mack playing well also. Dante simply hasn't played well lately and doesn't deserve much PT, he's not going to get it just because he was a high draft pick.

Reply #610008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't seen him get out of second gear. When he's playing he just seems passive. Shys away from the ball and prefers the 3 ball over attacking the rim. Could be a good pickup for the NBL in the next couple of years.

History shows that being a top 5 draft pick doesn't protect you.

Reply #610079 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

He'll get some chances later in the season. Hopefully he's putting in work on the practice floor with one of the assistants to work on his offensive skills.

Cant see them trading him yet. His stock would not be high at the moment and long term their pg situation is still up in the air. If they can convince Hill in to a raise and extend deal it may become more likely.

Reply #610081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is coming off a knee injury, just remind you experts to look at what happened to rose when he wasn't managed properly on his return from a knee injury!

Reply #610085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask for a trade hahah he hasn't done sweet fuck all to dictate such actions . In time perhaps but at this point. Nope!!!

Reply #610087 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754