Train
Years ago

How close is the NBL this year?!

NBL Ladder
1st - Perth 6 wins and 5 losses
8th - United 5 wins and 7 losses

In round 8 the team that held the lower ladder position won the game.
I can't recall any NBL season being this close. I mean how can you be top of the ladder with a 6 and 5 record ?!?

Topic #40350 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Kings have also lost as many games as the 36ers, who before tonights game were sitting in 8th.

Reply #610237 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Kings are still 1st, surely

Reply #610239 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Nope Kings have now lost 6 games which places them below Perth and Brisbane who are on 5 losses. Crazy aint it.

Reply #610247 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Sorry, my bad. Kings are still on top as they have played and won on more games. But you get the idea, its pretty damn close.

Reply #610250 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, two games between first and last and we're not too far off the half-way mark of the season. That's incredible, no daylight anywhere ;-)

Reply #610258 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

7/8 teams on 5-6 wins. 6/8 teams between 6-5 and 5-6.

Reply #610259 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

7/8 teams on five or six losses, then Melbourne with seven.

Reply #610262 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Posts disappearing again? Weird

Reply #610274 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

This years nbl is so up and down which makes sense why the ladder is so close together.Sydney and Perth had a bit of a gap on the rest of the teams are now struggling and have come back to the field.Illawarra and Adelaide have had a couple good wins on the trot and are looking better.Cairns are dangerous as they have a lot of home games still to come.Bribane need Bairstow fit and firing or i can see them dropping out of playoff contention.Melbourne looks like they have a title winning roster but are badly coached.NZ need webster to pull his finger out cause at the moment as i'm trying to work out how he trialed for nba contract last year.Is a 15-13 record good enough for a playoff spot,not sure but will prob need a winning split on other team/teams to be safe.

Reply #610276 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, lost posts again last night. See this thread.

Reply #610278 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Daylight schmaylight.

Very happy that I was off the mark and got carried away with the Kings, cos this season is starting to look like the greatest ever. Just hoping it remains this way.

United is last, but were pre season favourites and are still third favourites- probably because they're on a 5 game winning streak with CG43 in uniform.

Reply #610295 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

NBL Winner 2016-17
Markets (1)

Sydney Kings 3.60
Perth Wildcats 4.50
Melbourne United 6.00
New Zealand Breakers 8.00
Brisbane Bullets 8.00
Illawarra Hawks 9.50
Cairns Taipans 14.00
Adelaide 36ers 14.00

Reply #610296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns are amazing value.

Reply #610342 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

Cairns have been amazing value since the start of the season!

Reply #610365 | Report this post

miracle.touch  
Years ago

Glad I put a few $$$ on Cairns before the season at $34!

The win/ losses are misleading because the differences in number of games played. What the NBL needs is a 'Games Behind' column like some other leagues: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_behind

Reply #610508 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754