Isaac
Years ago

Perth vs Brisbane, Dec 1

Game is tonight at 6:30pm local time.

Second and third on the ladder. Both with 6-5 records.

Is Bairstow still out for Brisbane? NBL preview lists him as in but without much emphasis.

Do Brisbane have the guard ranks to throw Martin-less Perth off their game?

The NBL preview notes that with a bad round, either of these sides could go from equal second to equal last on the ladder.

Topic #40369 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane by 6. Perth are terrible at the minute and Brissy should get it done.

Reply #610550 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I'm going to this one before I head back east in a few days.
1. Will be on the lookout for Dazz again.
2. My new Gleeson is a flog sign is ready to go...
3. Interesting to see if the Perth backcourt can protect the ball and run the offence tonight. My prediction is no.
4. Hopefully it's a big crowd and a close game.

Reply #610555 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Perth to be down double digits at half time. Dazz to lose his sh!t shortly thereafter. 95% of Perth fans to think the world is coming to an end when they go 0-2 this weekend and plummet down the ladder. Geez I hope the Gleeson sign gets some air time on Fox, maybe stash it under a shirt / jacket until your guaranteed some tv coverage!

Reply #610556 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I reckon Perth will hang tough, they have been going better than I anticipated since losing Martin.

ROFL, Have you seen the movie Get Hard?

A good instructional movie on how to get items past security checks. Here's a link to a particular scene that may be helpful in getting the sign into the venue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CAyOJbsaU8

Oh and I too hope to see the sign and hope you and Dazz can share a beer.

Reply #610566 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Two issues of great interest for me tonight.

1) The number of chairs on the Perth bench.

2) If the imaginary flog coach box is again introduced and if it is (I am at extreme excitement levels in anticipation)will the hybrid two step version (where it is at full height to a certain pre determined by the ref location and then merges into a lower level box that you can crouch into to extend you range)still exist.

Reply #610568 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

The second he stepped forward, Aylen should have teched him. He asks for a tech every game, hopefully some refs grow some coconuts and start reminding that yes he is a tool and that respect goes a long way to being a half decent coach.

Reply #610591 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

DD, Joey? why everyone points out Gleeson?

Reply #610592 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

He was clearly told to move back by Aylen twice, then when he did and Aylen went to give the ball to the Hawks, the smug flog walks forward again knowing full well what he was doing. There is a reason all of the League outside of WA hate the bloke, and I imagine it's the same reason half the people in WA with any but if basketball knowledge, dislike the guy too. That same group of people would have Bevo back in a heartbeat if it meant getting some respect and decent coaching back at the Cats

Reply #610598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed. He isn't doing the cats many favours getting techs in crucial times of the game. He would do better thinking about some of his questionable sub rotations in those moments and give us every chance to win. Seriously, what are the players thinking while he is carrying on like this in key moments?

Cats will win.

Reply #610611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Generous applause for beal and Jervis

Reply #610619 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Falling off the wagon much

Reply #610620 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

I bet Jermaine is enjoying this immensely

JJ is so trash

Reply #610625 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Imagine the thunderous applause if Beal and JJ swapped jersey and team there :p

Reply #610628 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Looking forward to us smashing through the 30 point barrier some time before the end of the 3rd quarter

Reply #610630 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

For the love of Cthulhu, can Robbins please stop saying "we" when he's commentating... Pretend you're impartial, buddy.

Reply #610631 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Bullets out by 20

Reply #610632 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Good call ref, Petrie totally fouled Knight's elbow with his chin there.

Reply #610633 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Going to get ugly for the Cats, visibly tiring and struggling to keep up.

Reply #610634 | Report this post

lawsy  
Years ago

I can't see this Perth team, as presented finishing top 4 in this league. They offer zero offensively, prob the worst imports in the league, noting Prather is a gun, and to be honest they are boring as shit to watch.

Reply #610635 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Perth Hot Trash

Reply #610636 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

This reminds me of away games we played versus Townsville last year. Terrible basketball. Once again Perths inability to be a threat from behind the arc is really hurting them.

Reply #610638 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

When Beal has a fire lit under him, he really steps up... it's just a shame that it doesn't happen more often.

Reply #610639 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Can't stand Gleeson.

Reply #610641 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Dour game with both teams struggling to really hit their straps, but Brisbane executing better

Perth has little offensively without Prather playing a starring role.

Reply #610644 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Finally Gleeson playing Bragg over Wroe.

Reply #610646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when has anyone ever been able to wear a black T shirt under a white singlet.

Reply #610648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knight now has a hip injury?

Reply #610649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He got hit in the balls. He might have twisted testicals which is very, very painfull

Reply #610650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL TV working right now. For how long who knows.

Reply #610651 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kinda hard to see exactly what he did there. He didn't hit the court particularly hard when he fell, it might have been when he stumbled a little awkwardly before the fall, a dislocation or labral tear? He was in a ton of pain, that's for sure.

Reply #610652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hip, they said. There would be 5 or 6 players on the court now wearing illegal clothing. Yet the refs let it go.

Reply #610654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #610655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are not wining the title this year. Losing Jawai, Beal an Jervis has been huge.

Reply #610657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heaven forbid they don't make finals

Reply #610659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Penny has dropped for Gleeson, Bragg is much better then Wroe.

Reply #610662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why no Angus Brandt?

Reply #610668 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Brandt, JJ, Wroe and Redhage will face the knife next year.

Reply #610671 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, I figured Brandt going to Perth would be great for his career because defensive intensity was the one big thing lacking in his game last year, but I guess not.

Reply #610672 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The three from half court at the buzzer by Gibbo did look good

Reply #610674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Biggest defeat for the Cats at that arena. It can only get worse.

Reply #610675 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If it counts they said will be the Wildcats biggest loss at Perth Arena.

They also said Wildcats haven't lost three games in a row at home since 2005.

Reply #610677 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Matt Knight is not the guy we were hoping to have a season ending injury on....

Reply #610678 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Missed all gameplay tonight, caught some boxscore action only. Anything noteworthy happen during the game? I can pick up that Knight is somehow hurt and Gibbo mad a half court three?

Reply #610680 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perth has problems and it's not gleeson or their point guard issues it's others

1- JJ is trash
2 - knight is trash and injury prone (well seems as per history to be the worst injury at the time but has a tendency to heal within days)
3- they need a true scorer a John Rillie, Chris Goulding type player not a slasher that's what Prather is there for

3- give mason bragg and wroe point guard duties until damo returns play Kenny in the back
Up 2 spot yes yes I know you will all give it to me
For saying wroe but simple fact is he runs the players and gets them
Into their sets and plays good hard defense would be good for Bragg to push tempo and play attacking and when needing to go to the half court put wroe in to
Control the game and play D

Reply #610681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately MK should retire. Redhage too. You need to be able to walk when you get t0 40+ or 50+

Reply #610682 | Report this post

Purcy  
Years ago

Worst game of basketball i have seen this year. The game is being over umpired.
Totally boring.
Worst Wildcats team ever

Reply #610683 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I want to like JJ... but I can see he's really not a good fit and struggling. Surely there are some decent 2 guards available in the world.

Reply #610684 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

sos, I give it to Saturday night? Gleeson is gone and import change.

that's embarrassing, not because we lost, the way we lost.

no heart and no balls

Reply #610687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats paying for a weak offseason in terms of recruiting. Most teams have bought in a premiere Australian or have very effective imports.

Wont make finals as lack scoring options in general. JJ sadly should have left the first time and Jameel is more a role player who wont give you scores like a Craig.

Options:
= Sack coach (team playing poorly , missing foul shots etc.)
- Sack JJ and bring in a casper ware type player who has succeeded in a real league (not an NBA D-League rookie.)

Considering how many fans they get to game and general support they seem to look cheap on their recruiting compared to much of the other teams.

Reply #610688 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Why cant they just bring in some decent imports. At least a SG to help spread the floor. Forget about saving face from having to deactivate JJ twice. Its a pro sport and this team isnt getting it done.

Reply #610690 | Report this post

jimbo  
Years ago

surely greg hire is the worst player in the NBL!!!

Reply #610694 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

'Considering how many fans they get to game and general support they seem to look cheap on their recruiting compared to much of the other teams.'

Totally agree! And their imports lack of experience is really showing with their silly turnovers and poor decision making down the stretch

Reply #610695 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Also during all that time long before the stretch

Reply #610700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz deserves to make a panic thread after this one. Knight goes down and wildcats get blown out at home for the first time in recent memory. Would have to dust off the record books for the last time we were down 20 at half time at home

Reply #610703 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

This season is gone unless Damian makes a super recovery and JJ gets back into form.

Jesse Wagstaff has fallen off too. Hire is obviously affected being a new father.

Reply #610708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately our memberships pay for inflatable mascots not effective imports

Reply #610709 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So NOW am I allowed to get depressed?

I can't really figure the Cats out.
Coming of a championship, we should have had money in the bank, and been poised to capitalise. The changes to the league were announced early, and it quickly became apparent that other teams were going to step up massively.
The league has moved on, and we have gone backwards.
OK, I can understand them not spending $0.5M to get an Aussie from Europe. As Marvin said, cheaper (and easier) to get imports.
I can understand them not re-signing Jawai (Although it would have been nice to keep him AND get another import).
I can understand them releasing Jervis.
I could have understood them releasing Beal, on the assumption we were going for something better.
Instead they have gone shopping in the Bargain-Basement of Imports.

Both JJ & McKay are the kind of role-player Cairns goes looking for on a limited budget, or Adelaide after they've spent the farm on a star.
They are NOT what you go looking for when your local talent is aging and not great offensively.

It's not the end of the world, but what we are seeing is a Cats team that has really fallen back to the pack, in a big way.

And lets be honest, when you rely so heavily on Knight, you know that's a recipe for disaster. You just know he's going to be injured at some point.
Hope this one isn't too bad.

Reply #610711 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol.

Wildcats stunk up the arena tonight.

No sign of Dazz.

I had my sign going for 1/2 the game. One dude came up and said hello.
Good times.

Wildcats are actually shit. The streak will end this year. They're cooked.

Reply #610714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really happy with this result. Not a bullets fan but just rest to see the cats suck. I mean they are really vulnerable. Dazz maybe you need to push your redhage injury fake bullshit a bit more.

Reply #610716 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Knight is a faking flog.
He always plays up to the injuries as anon alluded to before.
Delist that spud.

Reply #610717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz hit the nail on the head.

Martin's absence really hurting not just because of what we miss from him but because the back ups are not up to it. Kenny and wroe were poor and Bragg tried hard but his inexperience shows

Reply #610725 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Reply #610728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That deserves a new thread Kobe

Reply #610729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That sideline reporter tonight was bae

Reply #610730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That deserves a new thread anon #610730

Reply #610731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Miss Heal as a commentator. Would have like to have heard more talk from the commentators on what wildcats are doing wrong, what they need to change. Stating the obvious anyone can do.

Reply #610732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you think Shyla is the best person for the job?

Reply #610733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those Petrie comments help to explain what the Tech foul was for

Reply #610734 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I thought the technical was for delay of game. Brisbane already had a warning and he held the ball after the score.

Reply #610738 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Did Petrie really say that? Flog doesn't even begin to describe it.

Yeah RE the imports, no idea why they went all bargain basement considering how cashed up the Cats are.

I can't see much light at the end of the tunnel. Damo isn't due back until mid Jan or something.

Reply #610831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754