jimbo
Years ago

Gibson taking shot last second of game

How about him shooting that ball!!! what a joke. They grub hasnt made a shot for the last 2 years then he does that. Cats will remember that one next time they play

Topic #40373 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Shame the camera followed the ball to the ring and didn't pan across the crowd.

Reply #610686 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Who give a toss, it was a general prayer like anyone else would toss up at the end of a game. Not as though it was an open layup.

Reply #610689 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

for and against. Every point counts.

You play till the siren sounds.

Your tears are delicious.

Reply #610691 | Report this post

jimbo  
Years ago

agree if your losing but not when up 12. tell me, have you seen anyone ever do that in the NBA? No because they are real athletes

Reply #610692 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

when you play 82 games for and against isn't such a big deal....... and yes I have seen it.

Reply #610693 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

You sadness only makes me stronger Jimbo, feed me your woe.

Reply #610696 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

LOL, harden up Jimbo. That was a nice shot.

Reply #610697 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

In a league this close, for and against is likely going to end up being super important. Not the first game we've seen it in, and completely understandable.

It sucks for the young guys because garbage minutes aren't always there any more, but as a fan? I'm not against it.

Reply #610698 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

Don't be a sook jimbo. Both teams played hard until the end because the points count.

Reply #610699 | Report this post

jimbo  
Years ago

all it does is give the Wildcats fuel for the next time they play. And we all know what that can do. Remember Kickert with the tweets about the 36ers, next time the played HANDLE RANDLE gave them a lesson like he said he would

Reply #610701 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Not sure what this post is about?

Yeah, we lost. Knight is injured.
As they say, SNAFU

Reply #610702 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

So professional athletes need the a half court shot on the siren as fuel??

Jimbo you're so salty i'm worried about your cardiovascular health.

Reply #610704 | Report this post

jimbo  
Years ago

Kingpodge - so am i!!!

Reply #610706 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

hahaha hang in there man

Reply #610707 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

I dont know where this idea started that you cant take a shot with a few seconds remaining on the clock if you have it won already. You're supposed to play to the siren and if points differential makes a difference at seasons end then you're a fool if you dont try and score with your last possession

Reply #610710 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Who cares, Gibson didn't celebrate after, almost had a look on his face of 'probably shouldn't have done that', but if the Cats had shown some interest at the start that shot may may have meant something. Bullets outplayed us, we got what we deserved

Reply #610712 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

12 point deficit with 24 seconds left in the game and our ball, and we managed to convert that into a 15 point loss. Pretty fitting ending to that game for us.
Fair to say that not a lot went right for us (despite the refs seemingly trying to help us out a couple of times)

Reply #610713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic feed your anger you muppet! It's a point differential led comp. and the way you say the cats will remember that, big fuckin deal they can't do shit because they aren't that good this season!

Reply #610715 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

The Cats were playing defence therefore the offence is warranted. If they had all stood around and just shook hands a few seconds early then it would have been bad form.

Reply #610763 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Generally speaking I prefer to see teams settle down in the final seconds when a game is decided and sportsmanship being showcased with the final seconds counting down and hand shakes all around.

On this occasion however, I didn't see too many issues with that shot because the Wildcats were still trying to foul in the last 10 seconds, so it appeared they were still playing some defense.

The long ball shot at the end of a game can be very subjective and these days it really depends on the game itself, also I agree that in an 8 team competition with fewer games that every point could count, but I don't know if this was going through his mind when he pulled the trigger...

Reply #610769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont mind that shot from where it was taken, I would have a different view if it was a hard drive for a lay up though.

Crowd want to see those type of highlights irrespective of which team/player does it and what the score is at the time.

No use comparing a head to head league with the NBA where players dont want to tarnish their stat line by heaving shots up like that and dont have a head to head scenario hanging over their games that often.

Perth need to change up their mix, their imports cannot score in a variety of ways and appear to be have similar strengths which is putting pressure on their half court offense, They need more of a perimeter threat or a legit low post player with real back to the basket game.

Reply #610774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow. Use that as motivation. How about it being their worst loss at that venue? Missing the finals for the first time in ages.
Suck it up jimbo bleeding soft cock.

Reply #610775 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In 2012/13 Sydney made the playoffs ahead of Melbourne because Ian Crosswhite hit a three at the end of a game when the result was beyond doubt.

That's why you always take the last shot in the current format of the NBL.

Reply #610781 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

When you play a four game series Jimbo and it could come down to the split then every point is vital.I'm hoping that Perth and Brisbane finish 2 games a piece and the points difference is that 3pt shot from Gibbo.Now that will be funny.But then again i can't see Perth winning to many more games.I'm confident it's season OVER.Better luck next year with injuries.

Reply #610804 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Jimbo NOTHING BUT NET.

Reply #610807 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

If Brissy win the split over us due to that shot, I will be as happy about it as Gibbo!
;)

Reply #610816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just don't try a shot like that against Adelaide. Joey get's really cranky!!

Reply #610869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys complain about everything.

head to head means something so every point counts.

please STFU

Reply #610959 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I remember a game, 20+ year ago, IIRC it was against the Tigers. We'd clobbered them, and Hurley was running the bench, in the dying seconds Matt Earp got the ball, and from about 3/4 court, let rip with an overarm throw, and drained it. It was awesome.

Even on the losing end, I would rather see that shot when the game is over, then to have the game won and LOSE on such a shot.

Reply #610961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's probably even more important this year given how tight the ladder is. Increased chance of tie breakers being required

Reply #610979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO idea what you just said Dazz.

Reply #611027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #611032 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754