CT
Years ago

Greatest name for a basketball play?

I've spent the last 12 hours chuckling over Fearney's 'swing wizard', What's the best-named play you've heard a coach call?

Topic #40391 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The good old "dead cockroaches" gets some teams everytime

Reply #611289 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

The Indian play... southern tigers boys ran it at state champs back in the day. Didn't go down well with some.

Reply #611290 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

in defense

"Dead ants"

"dead dog" - designate a specific player on the other side who, when they get the ball in an offensive 1/2 court set, give them a wide open lane to drive into the keyway, and only pressure one in the 3 sec area - and then get the rebound when they miss as they aren't smart enough to pass out.

did this to a previously undefeated womens team ( for the previous 2 straight seasons) in a GF. - They lost. Their main point guard had delusions of being better than she was, she kept their own best offensive player out of the game by not passing her the ball very much because in that game she finally saw her own chances and always took them. 30 years later she still doesn't know how it happened and its the other players fault.

their coach dropped her after he asked how we beat them, giving them their only GF loss in 6 ( later became 10) straight seasons ( two each year).

Reply #611291 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Nice Very Old.

I have also coached against similar player, when they us a screen, my defence was to always get stuck and leave them open. I could live with his 15% shooting.

Reply #611294 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I always have a play called "Something". So when like every coach it gets to the stage where you yell "Can you please run something!"......they know what to do :)

Reply #611310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Omaha - Peyton

Reply #611314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Hack a Shack' now called 'Hack a Jordan'

Reply #611332 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

The flying gazelle.

Reply #611343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trail Blazer

Self explaining really.

Reply #611347 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754