Matt
Years ago

Best Kings side vs Wildcats side ever, who wins?

This would be a great game who do you reckon would win. Put together a side best 12, be awesome match. I'm saying Cats but mighty close. So much guard depth at cats, guys like Grace/Mike Ellis/Trahair/James Harvey/Damien Martin/Kevin Lisch/plus some of the recent import guard depth etc. And awesome forwards like Scott Fisher/Vlahov/Tiny Pinder. For this side Kevin Lisch will be on the wildcats side, as he won an MVP and a NBL title at Wildcats.

Topic #40395 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Probably the best 36ers side wins, or the best Magic side, or the best Bullets side....

Reply #611386 | Report this post

Fundingsland  
Years ago

Sydney win

Heal / Bruton / Smyth
Keough / Davies / McLain
Williams / Worthington
Trimingham / Nielsen
Dalton / Ogilvy

Reply #611396 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

It's hard to compare across eras. And it seems you're talking about a composite side. Plus, presumably players at their peak.

The problem then, with cherry-picking individual standouts, is there have been some great individual players over the past 30+ years.
And you've also got the problem, that some of them moved around.

And how do you factor in somebody like Childress?
And are the Cats allowed to claim Longley?

Reply #611463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grace / Damo
Lisch / Lichti
Ennis / Tucker
Vlahov / Fisher
Rogers / JC

This defensive unit should be able to contain Fundingsland's Sydney side.

Reply #611476 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

And that's the other question; do we name an offensive guard, two big forwards, and a centre, (aka "The Perth Wall") or two we go with the modern trend towards small forwards and "wing" players.

Reply #611525 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Anonymous, that's an awesome 10-list you have of the Cats. As I said 12-man side, you could add Tiny Pinder and another big like Martin Catalini

Random Kings side
5-Heal/Dwayne Mclain/Chris Williams/Trimingham/Matt Neilsen
Bench: Carfino/Damien Keogh/Josh Childress/Ken Mclarey/Dean Uthoff/Mark Ridlen/Bruce Bolden

Reply #611561 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Going through the archives and I came across this thread, my 12 players from Perth (Post NBL20).

PG: Ricky Grace/Damian Martin
SG: Bryce Cotton/Kevin Lisch
SF: James Ennis/Jesse Wagstaff
PF: Andrew Vlahov/Scott Fisher/Shawn Redhage/Nick Kay
C: James Crawford/Paul Rogers

Starters: Grace, Cotton, Ennis, Vlahov, Crawford.

That's a tough team to handle.

Reply #809548 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754