Kent Brockman
Years ago

Michelle Leslie in Bali with alleged ecstasy

Former Forestville player and daughter of playing/ coaching great Albert Leslie has been caught with alleged ecstasy tablets in Bali.

Topic #4041 | Report this topic

House  
Years ago

Michelle played many years with the Norwood basketball club as a junior, was also a student at Sacred Heart College

Reply #46941 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

ALLEGEDLY caught ecstasy tablets in Bali.

Reply #46943 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Isaac can you throw "allegedly" in there for me as i would not want any one to be sued for posting on the forum.

Reply #46944 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Done. Just read the news piece and updated your post before I saw your note further down.

The tablets are currently being tested.

Adelaide model in Bali drugs arrest

Australian consular officials have visited the leading Adelaide model, Michelle Leslie, who is facing drug charges in Bali.

Ms Leslie, 24, was arrested at a weekend party on suspicion of possessing drugs.

The Foreign Minister, Alexander Downer, says the tablets allegedly found in Ms Leslie's possession are being tested.

"The consul-general saw her last night to check on her welfare," he said.

"And the two alleged amphetamine tablets that she was detained with are being tested now to see whether that's what they really are or whether they're something else.

"Of course we'll have to wait and see what the police subsequently do."

Reply #46951 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The latest is that Michelle's urine has tested clean for drugs. She's appointed a lawyer and the drugs in her possession (basically, in her bag in a car I think) will be tested.

Reply #47202 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #47280 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

When will people learn?

Reply #47323 | Report this post

pjshumack  
Years ago

in Australia if a male goes for a womens hand bag he gets bashed up.
what were the Indonesian police after or were they tipped off she had two "aspro pills" in her bag.

make you wonder "conspiracy"

and were were her male companions etc. she was isolated and targeted like Ms Corby.

Reply #48885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

even if she was isolate and targeted she is still in the wrong. The stuff was found in her bag. Having said that i hope she gets off, the penalty in Australia would be pretty light, no one deserves what she may get for what would be a petty crime here in Australia. I'll be skipping indo in the future,

Reply #48889 | Report this post

Joanne  
Years ago

Michelle Leslie is hardly in the Schapelle Corby category , however the Indonesians make no secret of their harsh penalties for possession of illegal drugs. It makes you wonder with the publicity the Schapelle Corby case received and another 9 Australians awaiting trial for trafficking why you would even go to Bali if Michelle is really as dependant on Ectasy as has been alleged.
It seems obvious that if you attend a rave party anywhere that the Police may raid the place and search people, especially in Bali. It is no defence to say Oh well some people get away with it, why shouldn't I?
If there is one thing that may encourage the Balinese to be lenient, it is that her Lawyers are not trying to make a public spectacle of the case and attack the Indonesian legal system.It seems the case is being handled with diplomacy and after all if the quiet defence doesn't work, you can always appeal. It seems that all the noise in the world did not do Schapelle Corby any good.

Reply #49889 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Michelle Leslie might have two or three years to kick her ectasy dependency in a Balinese gaol. Unlike many prisoners it seems Michelle Leslie will have the means to supplement her prison food and provisions and hopefully maintain reasonable health.

Reply #49893 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Esctasy is hardly 'aspro' pills sunshine.........When was the last time you popped an eccy to get rid of a head ache.....

Drugs are readily available inside Bali, but the penalty is still the same for possession. Locals are treated as harshly as tourists when they are caught.

To mention Corby and Leslie in the same sentance is ridiculous.

Reply #49897 | Report this post

Roger  
Years ago

It is incomprehensible , impossible to understand and plain and simply stupid to even go to a rave party in Bali let alone walk around with ectasy tablets.In Bali even if your defence is you only had a small amount for personal use and you are not a trafficker is not much of a defence. Hard to see how Leslie will avoid some gaol time.

Reply #50356 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

Never mind the little Angel that used to play netball.Michelle is a big girl now and Mummy sending her to her room if she's naughty is not quiet how it works!

Reply #50571 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754