Freethrows
Years ago

How tight is the NBL ladder?

Completion of tonight's two games (Cairns vs Sydney and Perth vs Melbourne) could change the standings quite dramatically.

If Cairns win, in the game between first and fourth, they will move into second on the ladder. If they lose, they will probably slip to last. Sydney will remain on top, either way.

Perth vs Melbourne is last vs second last. If Perth win, they could move as high as second (it would take a mighty thumping of Melbourne, in the order of 32 points), more likely third or fourth. If Melbourne win, they could move to second (they would need to win by about 15 points.)

Doomsayers of any team, this year, beware!!!

Topic #40438 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

This season is crazy. My tipping has been ruined in the last 3 weeks.

Reply #612020 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Yeah, I know what you mean, @Train. The only thing I'm prepared to tip at the moment is my hat!

Reply #612022 | Report this post

Pelican  
Years ago

anyone can win the championship this year.

Reply #612024 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I bet $2 on each game just to make it more enjoyable to watch, and my only strategy has been to pick the team with the longest odds. I'm well up over the course of the season so far.

Reply #612044 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

So tight right now.

Often it seems like games are over...but then they aren't. Another example of that last night.

Lots of interesting little plots emerging around various teams. Cairns vs Sydney is huge but I'm really looking forward to Perth vs Melb tonight. Can Melbourne keep winning, now that they're on the road? Or Can Perth regroup without a couple of stars?

Reply #612062 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

‏@nblfacts 21 minutes ago

In the last 30 hours, Breakers, Wildcats, Taipans and United have all spent time at the bottom of the ladder. Half the League.

Reply #612194 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Just can''t write off any team, not yet anyways!

Reply #612256 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:52 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754