Isaac
Years ago

Joe Ingles vs Golden State

Joe Ingles with 21 points, 5 rebounds, 4 steals against the NBA's top team. +10 in a 7 point loss. 7/13 FG, 5/9 3P. Great output off the bench.

Boxscore

The Jazz were missing four starters yet still made it competitive by the end. Dante Exum got another start and played 37 minutes but was cold with 1/11 FG and 0/5 3P. However, he was +0 and had 5 assists at least.

Topic #40441 | Report this topic

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Kudos to slow-mo.

I reckon GSW should make some calls about Exum. Get him at bargain basement.

The kid is literally at NBA's the worst possible team for his skill set. Get out and run, have some fun and get the confidence up. Frankly he plays like a scared child. I guess that's what he is, relatively speaking.

Imo confidence is all he needs.

Reply #612057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confidence and also a jump shot that is actually worthy of confidence

Reply #612060 | Report this post

Pelican  
Years ago

excited to see Ingles play in the NBL, I reckon he gets a two year extension from the Jazz after this at around 8 million, then he comes back to Adelaide.

He will cost the Sixer's 300,000 or so a season, so if Sixers want him they probably can't commit long-term to anyone like Randle...

Reply #612061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't see Exum being there much longer.

Reply #612069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum is a bust. I understand he is playing his second year and recovering from an ACL injury, but I can't see him improving too much. Send him to D-League just like they did to Rudy.

Reply #612103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem for Exum is he hasn't played for 2 out of the last 3 years. Sitting out that year prior to the draft may have hindered his development you can see flashes of the potential he possesses but he is very raw on offence he doesn't know how to finish around the rim at the moment.

Reply #612107 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Yeah not playing has definitely hindered his progress.

He can still turn it around as the single biggest problem is his lack of aggression. Yeah the jump shot isnt great but there are plenty of NBA players who've had long careers without a consistent J, but you need to contribute in other ways and for him its going to thr rack. Just make him watch videos of russell Westbrook on repeat

Reply #612126 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

The problem with that Cram was that he was doing that (attacking the ring) a few weeks ago and then the coached called him out for trying to get his, told him to focus on D. Really mixed messages as all you would hear before was be aggressive. I think he really needs to have the ball and be able to operate at the top of the key so he can probe and work from there. Also the jump shot needs to improve but that is going to be a long process. I think a D League stint would be good for him, go work on his flaws where he wont get pulled every time he makes a mistake.

Reply #612130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:14 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754