Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats vs United, Dec 9

Can't imagine there have been many times before when two legitimate title contenders were both at the bottom of the ladder half way through a season.

A win for either takes them back towards the top bracket.

United are on a roll with Ware and Goulding. Perth are struggling without Martin, losing their last four. Wildcats are 5-3 at home. United are 1-3 on the road.

Bookies have it $1.90 even.

Topic #40443 | Report this topic

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Any reason for such close odds? Is one of Perth's studs back or what, because I would say United should a big favourite

Reply #612099 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

United have more in-form players, but the odds even up because this one is at Perth Arena so it'll be 8 vs 5 ;)

Reply #612109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knight returns and McKay fit

Reply #612114 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

It would be difficult to exaggerate the importance of this game.

Whoever loses will be 6-8 with 9 away games and only 5 at home in the back half of the season. Given how tight the league is, that will make top 4 a huge ask, especially for Perth with no Martin for a while yet.

Reply #612117 | Report this post

dj  
Years ago

Why the hell is Hire starting? He brings nothing to the team atm.

Reply #612135 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not true, he brings airballs and David Andersen injuries.

Reply #612136 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not true, he brings airballs and David Andersen injuries.

Reply #612137 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Why the hell is Hire starting? He brings nothing to the team atm."

He's their best +- guy this season would you believe? Jarrod Kenny is second.

Reply #612138 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Is it just me or does Devin Williams look like the African American version of Matt Stone circa Baseketball?

Reply #612139 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Is it just me or is the stream buffering more than usual tonight?

Reply #612140 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

But... but... Wesley leaned forward on that pick, why isn't it an unsportsmanlike?!

Reply #612141 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Goddamit Charlie I'm missing DKD hit threes

Reply #612142 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Not just you Mike. I've only been able to watch about 3 minutes so far. Just about to give up.

Reply #612143 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah my stream is buffering A LOT. Much more than usual

Reply #612144 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Man I'm loving United now. It will be frustrating at times... But it won't ever be boring.

Just no more wide open mid range stuff for Knight from your zone tho, ok?

Reply #612145 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I was having buffering issues early so just refreshed it and it's worked perfectly since.

Reply #612146 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Casper Ware is a super impressive scorer, but kinda feels like Melbourne have a lineup a lot like last year's again, where they are going to have games where they are going to pin all their hopes on firing away from behind the arc.

Reply #612147 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not a bad game for the two worst teams in the league ;)

Reply #612148 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

I've even reset the PC and no dice

Reply #612149 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

'Not a bad game for the two worst teams in the league ;)'

It's just a lump of teams this year so far

Reply #612150 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

What's the record for three point attempts in the 40 min format?

Reply #612151 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Mel has attempted 21 and its not even half time

Reply #612153 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Buffering and desync issue for me as well with NBL TV. Kept jumping back to Q1 when Goulding drives with scores 8-10 in United's favour. Guess I'll wait till it goes to replay, not my night to watch NBL. :(

Reply #612154 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

What's the record for terrible streaming infrastructure

NBL have it on lock

Reply #612156 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

He's back,yes that's right FAKER KNIGHT is back.Give it two rounds he will fake another injury so he can make out he is a tough bastard by coming back early from injury.

Reply #612157 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Speaking of Faker, I heard Hurricane on JJJ this morning

Reply #612160 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

FUUUUU Kestleman

Reply #612161 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Perth getting the help they usually get. Hence CG 43, with 13 points, now sitting.

Reply #612163 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Wagstaff diving right into his legs... that should be a foul.

Reply #612165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Piss weak effort by faker Andersen tonight

Reply #612166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne=pertenders.

Reply #612167 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Shane Heal stating the obvious:

"They get away with more in this gym"

Wagstaff takes out Odigie's legs and then invent a foul on Ware.

And they have full time refs now. SMH.

Reply #612169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are the better team so calm down.

Reply #612171 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Missing an awesome win right now

This blows goats

Reply #612172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather wow

Reply #612173 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

How the hell is that a foul on Barlow? He's in position. Didn't move. Wagstaff forced contact and Barlow kept his ground. It's a no call.

Reply #612174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

moore what a finish

Reply #612175 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This is beyond a joke. How do they miss a foul on Wesleys shot attempt there, after all the soft shit they've been calling at the other end?

Spurs played the Bulls today. Think I might go watch that on league pass. NBL is a Bush league.

Reply #612176 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah Perth is the better team and Prather is MVP, or second behind Randle

But I have a precious hour or two on my Friday night to watch basketball amidst all the business of life. We deserve better than amateur refs

Reply #612178 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Prather v Ware was amazing and I've missed it all

:@@@@@@@@@@@@

Reply #612179 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Wares your head at?

Wares your head at!

Reply #612180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth choking another one. I love it.

Reply #612181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boo hoo Lv. Sook it up like your boy Goulding.

Reply #612182 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

FUCKS SAKE

Reply #612183 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

That was a cracking game.

I think we've seen enough from Ware now to be confident that there's plenty of life in United's season, despite the WL columns and away games to come.

Andersen's injury a worry tho

Reply #612184 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Hell of a game, but those two threes by Ware... shoulda taken it to the basket. Didn't need the three there.

Anyway, good game of basketball.

Reply #612185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's the best DD could draw up for the last shot?

Reply #612186 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

We know how to take a 9 point lead with 1 min to go and make it look hard. FFS, not sure if bad coaching or poor decisions but why are hire, JJ and Prather shooting the ball 5 seconds into the shot clock?
I loved 75% of that game, desperation was great, D was great, Prather was amazing (him vs Ware is highlight of the year so far). The 25% shitness was refs soft calls both ways and the dinopolis vs Gleeson whinge fest.

Reply #612188 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Prather or Randle for MVP, whoever finishes higher out of Perth and Adelaide. That's my tip.

Speaking of Randle, we have a new Randle with a better 3 point shot. But he won't play enough games to figure in MVP calculations.

Reply #612189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL TV down the stretch was a fail. Again.

Reply #612190 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Why NBL.TV doesn't show the full interviews?

Tonight the showed United, but stopped before the Wildcats.

Reply #612191 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Greg hire proving his worth tonight. Takes out anderson in the first quarter and suckers goulding into retaliation fouls.

Ware is unstoppable! Imagine if the cats had a SG that can score like him.

Reply #612192 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Ware is impressive. Imagine if the Cats had a guy who could score 38 points in just 27 FGA :O

That game had everything ....
A Cats win ... that is all.
:-)

Reply #612193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gutsy by the cats. Yes the finish could have been better but that is ignoring some great play for most of the game. Good to get some form back before the long road stint

Reply #612197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding 0 points in the 2nd half - is that correct?

Reply #612198 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Prather and Ware.... wow .... thoroughly enjoyed that contest. Perth at home were. Always going to be tough but United sure took it to them. Another great game

Reply #612201 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Wow, almost managed to throw it away towards the end.
Ware is extraordinary. When do they play the 6's, I want to see him and Randle score 50 apiece.

MU unlucky to lose Andersen early. McKay struggles to matchup on the really big guys, so he could have made the difference.

And WTF happened to Goulding? He was electric early, then went MIA.

But we still have too many passengers.
Cats need to either play JJ or replace him. Hiding him on the bench isn't helping anyone.

And can somebody please remind Trev that Hire isn't a guard. He's way to slow defensively to guard guys like Goulding.

Reply #612212 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hire hustled his arse off tonight and played a significant role in that win, just in case you didn't see the game.

Reply #612215 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Oh and btw Goulding went scoreless for an entire half, so yeah clearly we fucked up big time with guarding him.

Reply #612217 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Hire has been great this season . Definite improvement on last year. WTF is with redhafevvetting more minutes. He was pretty big last game

Reply #612218 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

*Redhage

Reply #612219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just for you dazz https://twitter.com/PerthWildcats/status/807223578768732160

Reply #612221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hire was great but it's overstating things a bit to say he shut down goulding. Goulding got in foul trouble with took him out of the game for chunks of the second half and ware was shooting too much. Cats were sending two guys at ware and goulding coming off screens and daring guys like odigie to shoot. He has several wide open looks at three and just about missed them all

Reply #612223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is like to see Ware as Wildcat alongside Prather next season

Reply #612224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm liking JJ off the bench and also knight tonight. Helps the team retain some offensive spark when we go to our bench. Prather is good enough to carry the offense with the first unit. Jj seems in a more aggressive mindset coming off the bench. Scored 11 in 20 minutes which is good and we are seeing him use his athleticism more. He also had two threes which were halfway down then out so easily could have been a bigger night for him. With hire playing well I didn't mind him only playing 20 minutes. As we saw against Adelaide gleeson can also choose to play jj longer too. Gives us options

Reply #612225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware is not a wildcat type player as he is a hog. Prather gets his points in the flow of the game not shooting several contested threes

Reply #612226 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Hire hustled his arse off tonight and played a significant role in that win, just in case you didn't see the game.
Oh and btw Goulding went scoreless for an entire half, so yeah clearly we fucked up big time with guarding him.
ROFL
Wow, new contender for dumbest posts of the year. Did you actually watch the game???
Maybe you need to get yourself some binoculars.
Goulding was ripping us a new one in the first quarter, WHEN Hire was trying to guard him.

Reply #612227 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'm liking JJ off the bench and also knight tonight. Helps the team retain some offensive spark when we go to our bench.
Yeah, lets bench Prather as well, then our bench would be really awesome.

Reply #612229 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Goulding had 13 in the first quarter - the same total as the first quarter of his 50-point game. Ware and Prather were in the high 30s with a couple of minutes to go.

How nobody scored 40 - and how Goulding went scoreless for 30 straight minutes - I don't know.

Reply #612235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yeah, lets bench Prather as well, then our bench would be really awesome."

I'm usually one of your biggest backers on here but sorry that's a 'fuckwit' comment from you. Read the whole post

Reply #612242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Goulding had 13 in the first quarter - the same total as the first quarter of his 50-point game. Ware and Prather were in the high 30s with a couple of minutes to go.

How nobody scored 40 - and how Goulding went scoreless for 30 straight minutes - I don't know."

He got in foul trouble and ware got hot and shot it too much, that's how

Reply #612243 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Dazz nearly all of Gouldings shots were contested with a hand in his face, hire did well. Guys like Ware, Goulding, Randle, Beal will hit shots no matter how good the D is. The reason why Goulding got in foul trouble was a lot to do with Hire milking them out of him. Hire also ripped down 4 or 5 key contested rebounds, think you're being a bit harsh on him.

Reply #612245 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"ROFL
Wow, new contender for dumbest posts of the year. Did you actually watch the game???
Maybe you need to get yourself some binoculars."

For all the many, MANY, words you write here on the subject, sometimes I really question whether you understand the game of basketball, Dazz. You've clearly never played it. There's a lot more happening on the court than just the pretty highlight plays.
No, in an ideal world Hire is not a starter on an NBL team, but the important role he played last night earned him the 3rd highest minutes on the team. Maybe binoculars are exactly your problem. Put them down occasionally so you can see what's happening away from the ball as well. You and Jaron Johnson might both learn something.

Reply #612253 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"He got in foul trouble "

Goulding played 32:39 of a 40 minute game. Ware is the only United player who spent more time on court than Goulding and Prather the only Perth player. Goulding's time on court was a little more than his season average minutes per game. So he seems not to have spent a lot of time on the bench due to foul trouble. That suggests foul trouble wasn't a factor in Goulding only taking 3 shots after quarter time.

As well as Ware taking a lot of shots (8 more than usual on average, and at a better FG% than usual), Moore was pretty hot this game. Moore shot 64% from the field and took (4) more shots than he usually takes but in only slightly more than his usual game time.

Reply #612266 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Goulding got a phantom foul - his 3rd- early in the 3rd and sat for a while. During which time United struggled to score. Perth can thank the refs for that one (like a few others too. Par for the course out West).

Goulding takes a lot of attention defensively - the opponents best wing defender- and spreads the floor, allowing more room for others to move. Not surprising at all that Moore got going with his crafty moves to the hoop in the last, when Goulding was playing alongside him.

Reply #612268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a league at the moment. Now wildcats go from last to 4th, you could say equal second we're is not for %'s!!! Maybe the season should be longer?? 5 or 6 game series????
Huge battle for 2nd position on the ladder. The hunt for the playoffs is going to be tight.

I really want my team to make it (wildcats) but irrespective of who makes the playoffs. WHAT A SEASON 2016/2017!!!

For the first time I'm watching all games, not just being a wildcats red army bogan!!!

Reply #612279 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

cry me a river LV, do you want a tissue to wipe all that dribble that comes out.

Reply #612290 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Hire nearly threw the game away in the last minute when he overthrew a pass to Matty and wildcats were only 3 pts in front.

Lucky we held on to the three points. But overall Hire had a good game else I think Trev. would not have played him that much.

Reply #612291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was impressed with Bragg cameo last night he really got into wares air space

Reply #612337 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Was there any word on Andersen? That didn't look great

Reply #612348 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

All I've seen is that he won't be heading to Sydney for tomorrow's game.

Reply #612350 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754