Isaac
Years ago

Prather 39 points, Ware 38 points

Thought they deserved their own thread with a contest like that.

Prather 39 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists. 12/20 FG, 3/4 3P and 12/12 FT. Plus the 92-89 win.

Ware 38 points and 5 assists. 13/27 FG, 8/19 3P, 44 FT.

This season is not getting any worse...

Worth noting that 2002 game would've been 48 minutes.

Topic #40445 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the games of the season

Reply #612195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the 112 games of the season

Reply #612196 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Great game and 2 of the greatest 2 performances in a single game for a long time !!

Reply #612200 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Prather deserves a gig in the Euroleague.

Ware has out Goulding'd Goulding lately. Shoots from anywhere with zero hesitation. United is now playing exciting, up tempo basketball. The wins will be fun and the losses will be frustrating with shot selection questionable, but it will never be boring watching Ware and CG letting rip from 25 feet one minute and then the next minute going to the rack and finding an open man.

Reply #612202 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

FMD that Ware is a talent and a half. With him, MU are back on track in a big way.
I'd love to see him go against Damo all night.

Prather is carrying the Cats, without him we are toast.

Reply #612203 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

(And then letting rip from 25 feet again the next play, with 15 second on the clock, irrespective of whether the previous shot found the hole)

Reply #612204 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yes I agree that Cats are toast with out Prather. That's been the case all season. But if he's going to keep playing at all league level then they will remain in the hunt. It's incredible where he us now, after a mediocre start early last season. Even later last season, I didn't envisage him having this kind of ability to create for himself so soon.

His development reminds me a bit of Kawhi Leonard. Leonard is different in some ways, but similar in that his ball handling, one on one scoring and overall offensive game has come forward in leaps and bounds over the years.

Reply #612207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought ware shot the ball too much tonight. Needs to share it with cg43 more. Cg started hot and looked like he could score on hire wherever he wanted but was an afterthought in the fourth quarter

Reply #612209 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Ware is amazing , so fun to watch and right up with Randle.

Reply #612210 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Prather was amazing tonight. He seemed to score so effortlessly. What a talent to
Have in the NBL

Reply #612211 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Hat's off to both player's, win or lose you want to see the best going at it. Saw that tonight, great game and what league we have.

Perth be last or first, i pay money to see player's play. Randal was amazing as well.

Reply #612232 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LV, Pop talked recently about how they had Kawhi study Jordan in-depth to emulate a lot of his finer skills. His handle and movement is pretty special now.

Reply #612239 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Pop, Chip & Co are pretty special coaches

Reply #612248 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Ware attempted 7 3 pointers and a lay-up in the last 3 mins. Certainly isn't shy.

Reply #612273 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

How well would Prather's game translate elsewhere?

Obviously the quality's higher.
Would he get a starting gig in Europe?

Is he good enough to crack any kind of NBA contract? Obs he'd be a bench player, but would his game work? He doesn't really shoot well enough from outside to be a SG, but he's phenomenal at just getting to the basket. Could he play a swingman type role?

Reply #612375 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

There actually aren't many leagues where the quality is higher Dazz, after the NBA, Euroleague and Spain I don't think there are any that clearly stand above the NBL of today.

Obviously the styles are different in different places, and he is well suited to the fast pace in Australia, but if he keeps improving that jump shot there won't be too many leagues where he can't make an impact with his mix of strength, athleticism and skill.

Reply #612376 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:49 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754