Anonymous
Years ago

Is ware better than randle?

What do you think? Similar size players but with ware shooting the three better and maybe being a bit stronger he might be preferred

Topic #40446 | Report this topic

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Pretty similar. Both got 40 odd against Perth. Right now, I'd choose Ware. He's a gun - one of the best in-season acquisitions the NBL has had in a long time.

Reply #612228 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Turn it up.

Ware's had what, 3 games??

He's clearly an awesome talent, but you need more time to make a comparison.
He may actually get better as he settles in, or other teams might start scouting him and shutting him down a bit. Wait and see.

Reply #612230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lmao @ the hypocrisy of dazz telling anyone else here to stop jumping the gun with an opinion!!

Reply #612233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not saying Randle is better but I rate him just slightly more enjoyable to watch because he does what he does with the weight of the whole team on his shoulders

Reply #612234 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Is Ware better than Randle?

So far, yes, he's been at least as good as Randle.

But Randle has been at an elite, all league level for a season and a half. Ware's played 4 games.

If we revisit this topic at the end of the season and the answer to this question hasn't changed, then United will be in the playoffs and in with a real chance.

Reply #612237 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Ware is a better behind the arc. I've only seen two of his 4 games, but I haven't been as impressed with the rest of his game as I am with Randle's.

Reply #612240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread delivered. It was very Dazz like. Then Dazz comments arguing with the OP. Classic hoops action!

Reply #612246 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Two things I think Randle excels at are very tough. One is finishing inside against taller players, and the other is hitting the usually-ill-advised long-two at a decent clip. 50+% from the field including 61% inside three - those are great numbers from a guard, especially one undersized at any position.

Yet to see Ware play outside of highlights.

Reply #612247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When does Adelaide play United? I'll be on the couch for that one!

Reply #612272 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

We play them away on New Year's Day, then at home on the 12th.

Reply #612274 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Alot of imports have big impact early on and then once they are scouted better come back to earth. Give Ware another month and then compare to Randle

Reply #612276 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

I watched Ware a bit when he was in college and he is a better player than Randle. Ware is also 3 years younger.

Reply #612285 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Both very watchable!

Reply #612302 | Report this post

shano76  
Years ago

Im biased but I vote Randle. You'd be happy with either though. JR is just the marketable gun the 6ers need.

Reply #612377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bias doesn't count.

Reply #612385 | Report this post

Indominos-Rex  
Years ago

I think today proved Randle is better then Ware. They both had similar games over these last two scoring nights, Ware had 38 and Randle had 37, but Randle did it much more efficiently, with a worse supporting cast and got the win.

So to answer, no, Ware is not better then Randle.

Reply #612394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes you said that in the 1st sentence

Reply #612396 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

So Indominos, when everyone was pointing out that 3-4 games is too small a sample to really judge...you took that as a challenge?

Reply #612399 | Report this post

Indominos-Rex  
Years ago

Haha, I take everything as a challenge Kobe ;)

In all seriousness, I'm just saying, this game today showed off the reasons why Randle is better then Ware. E.g Randle is more efficient.

Reply #612400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle's mid-range efficiency is incredible.

Reply #612404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware is hands down a better player at both ends that Randle.

Reply #612437 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ware has more range and is the better outside shooter. But Randle is better at getting to the basket.

Reply #612445 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, don't forget to mention the basket.

Reply #612447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today shows why Ware is infinitely superior. Assists

Reply #612465 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I think Ware might be a better defender. Ppl don't seem to be able to take advantage of his lack of size. Active hands and not afraid to play physical and put his body on the line. Where as I can remember instances where Adelaide have been switching on D and teams have used that to score against Randle on the inside.

Reply #612468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's right, I think Ware is stronger.

Also, I was a bit worried that Ware would get too "shot-happy" after attempting something in the order of 27 field goals against Perth, but his all-around floor game today was perfect and allowed Goulding to find his rhythm as well as getting his own points too.

Melbourne are very, very good.

Reply #612469 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Randle is fourth in the league in assists.

Reply #612495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm starting to think Ware is better

Reply #616084 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Today Ware played strong post D on Jacobsen and then "pulled out the chair from under him", that's an example of the interior D I was referring to in the above post.

Reply #616091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacobsen is a poor post player, so I wouldn't be touting that on my resume as a post defender.

Reply #616237 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Randle is an incredible player, and I'd still argue that he has more runs on the board.
But how can there be a fair comparison when he and his team are not coached to play proper defence?

Two stats tell a lot of the story for the two teams:
Steals: 11 - 2
T/O's: 7 - 21

Reply #616260 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:44 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754